PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye C.O.D.: Hello GTA#4!!!!!

Chopper
04/30/2008, 02:59 PM
Maybe the Greatest game I've ever played. Stayed up till 3:30 last nite:eek: (I'm normally out before ten) I'll be online here in a minute. Wait'll you see this one! Stole a boat, stole a chopper and sunk it in the harbour....met a hooker....shotgun blast to her chest! What fun! Run, don't walk, to the store and buy this f%#$@*& game. Buddhists, christian types, and parents of small children beware...like the last three, it's colorful.

nfpgasmask
04/30/2008, 03:37 PM
I just bought it last night. Played for about 20 minutes. So far, the cars seem much different. The handling is way loose and allovertheplace. Maybe I will get used to it, but the lack of realistic gravity seems a little annoying so far, but again, maybe I just need to get used to it. The graphics look good and the audio is superb as well...more soon.

Bart

etlsport
04/30/2008, 03:42 PM
just got home from work with it in hand.. will post opinions when /if i stop playing

nfpgasmask
04/30/2008, 03:52 PM
So I guess we can all play GTA4 online together as well. I need to get my wiring at the new house straight so I can battle you guys over the net.

:) Bart

etlsport
04/30/2008, 06:25 PM
highly entertaining.. i see what u mean about the physics bart.. the severe lack of brakes on the cars is making me crazy

Dumke
04/30/2008, 07:30 PM
Well I have 360 version so we all cant play :( ..... As for cars they get better. There is one that looks like a Ferrari handles awesome. Online play is super cool to. Actually havent played much of single player yet.

etlsport
04/30/2008, 08:28 PM
im on 360 too

CoastieCosta567
04/30/2008, 09:23 PM
ps3 all the way over here. i play COD4 like 3-4 hours a day, maybe more if i'm really not doing anything and getting GTA4 tomorrow. so yeah we all need to play online. Oh by the way, who here is slow4x4 and fast4x4, cuz i have those two on my buddylist but i don't know who there are, is you identify your self here then i'll play with you, cuz i have been shy cuz i haven't really known who you are. :bwgy:, sorry. my name on my PS3 is Tuanis and my clan tag on COD4 is [POON] so it shows on the scrren with the tag as [POON]Tuanis

kodiak
05/01/2008, 03:52 AM
This is a chart I give my friends it helps them figure out what system to by.:p
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/consolechartyr2_1_.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=11060)

JHarris1385
05/01/2008, 06:00 AM
Nice chart, I am no longer confused now.

CrnCnn
05/01/2008, 06:11 AM
Apperently Bas Rutten has a radio show in the game, for those of you how know who he is.

nfpgasmask
05/01/2008, 08:48 AM
I put in about 1.5 hours last night. I have to say, I am STRUGGLING to like the new GTA. The camera, controls and physics are downright TERRIBLE so far. So annoying I couldn't keep playing, sleeping quickly became a better option. Maybe I will get used to it, I dunno. Also, so far, the game play just seems like more of the same. So far, nothing "new" to GTA has happened.

I really hope they put a realistic gravity hack out soon, because the fact that you can be driving one of those Hummer looking trucks, hit a small obstacle on the ground, and go flying up and twisting all around is pretty stupid and annoying. Also, I find the hand to hand fighting a little frustrating. The camera sucks. The game needs auto chase cam or something. The same goes for driving. Really the only view that works, is the first person (over the hood) view. Otherwise, you can't effectively see what is in front of you while you drive. This was not a problem in previous versions of GTA. Before, the chase cam was up a little higher when in a 3rd person view while driving. You could always see what is coming in front of you.

I really don't understand why they keep changing the controls in GTA when the functions are all the same.

Worm, can you shed some light on a real game designers thought process here? ARGGGGG! :mad:

Bart

nfpgasmask
05/01/2008, 08:52 AM
This is a chart I give my friends it helps them figure out what system to by.:p
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/consolechartyr2_1_.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=11060)

That's awesome, and I totally agree. I haven't been a console fan since Super Nintendo. I find 90% of console games either completely suck, or have no long term playability. Not to mention the fact that a $600 game console is just that. Add $600 to a PC and you can make it rock.

LONG LIVE COUNTER-STRIKE!

Bart

Dumke
05/01/2008, 09:51 AM
That's awesome, and I totally agree. I haven't been a console fan since Super Nintendo. I find 90% of console games either completely suck, or have no long term playability. Not to mention the fact that a $600 game console is just that. Add $600 to a PC and you can make it rock.

LONG LIVE COUNTER-STRIKE!

Bart

CS heck ya.... I am a fan of battlefield as well on pc but havent gotten new one.

LMFAo Kodiak that is awesome. I am a game freak dotn have cash to get all three yet which is what I usually do. But been moding truck instead soo....

and etlsport my screen name is dumke send me and invite when you get on or around to it. Bro, phxsunfan (on boards) and myself play together. Played last two nights.

Dumke
05/01/2008, 09:54 AM
Apperently Bas Rutten has a radio show in the game, for those of you how know who he is.

What channel is that??? that is awesome. Also wonder if 360, ps3 channels are different.

JHarris1385
05/01/2008, 09:54 AM
No wii owners in here?

nfpgasmask
05/01/2008, 11:17 AM
No wii owners in here?

I have thought about getting a Wii, but the games all just looks so "kiddie" to me. I am really happy with GTA4 and the amount of "F" bombs being dropped on a regular basis. They need to make more games for deranged adults like me. I was disappointed with the stripper though. She still had some electrical tape on her nips, they really need to just go all out. To hell with censorship!!

:) Bart

etlsport
05/01/2008, 12:45 PM
I have a wii.. usually only gets turned on after the 3rd drink.. and usually gets forgotten about after the 5th drink... it was fun at first.. lost its novelty quickly though.. at least for me.. hopefully mario kart will change that

Chopper
05/01/2008, 02:59 PM
I spent the whole day speaking in a bad Eastern European accent. (do I think this game has infinite playability?? No...but it'll be fun for a month or two)

nfpgasmask
05/01/2008, 03:31 PM
I spent the whole day speaking in a bad Eastern European accent. (do I think this game has infinite playability?? No...but it'll be fun for a month or two)

I just want it to be fun now. Hopefully the driving will become easier.

Bart

JHarris1385
05/01/2008, 05:10 PM
I have super smash for the Wii and Mario Kart is probably going to be purchased this weekend. I played it at a friends and it is great. Im a fan of the Wii and the Wii is my FIRST Nintendo. I never wanted a regular nintendo growing up.

Personally I love the Wii. But thinking about a PS3 purchase in the near future.

kodiak
05/01/2008, 05:29 PM
I’ll be getting a ps3 when GT5 comes out, I love racing simulators. The Wii is the best party game system every made. It give you something to do while you’re turning beer in to piss.:p

Chopper
05/02/2008, 02:55 AM
I just want it to be fun now. Hopefully the driving will become easier.

BartIt's no Gran Turismo for sure, but maybe it does not bug me much. Maybe because I played #1 for a month or so Years ago, and haven't gone near the series since....and I don't play driver games at all.

WormGod
05/02/2008, 07:25 AM
Worm, can you shed some light on a real game designers thought process here? ARGGGGG! :mad:

The reason GTA titles change things without reason is because.... They can. They get the sales to pretty much do whatever they want and they know people will adapt, heh. Under it all though, I tend to lean towards them simply not really caring too much about "controls" and more interested in "content". Ignorant speculations on my part, but I am a realist, heh.

You are the minority Bart. People don't care about X/Y inverting, laggy camera motions, clunky directional character movement.... they just want hookers to give 'em handjobs, to carjack some dude of his sportscar, and to shoot a squad of police with his assault rifles. Jeez, where have you been? :p

To be honest, I have NEVER played a GTA title. Just not my cup of tea. I live close enough to DC that if I wanted that kind of action, I would just take a lawn chair to NE DC and sit on the corner with some popcorn (and a kevlar vest), heh. Dunno though, I hear pretty interesting things about the story writing for GTA4 so maybe it will be a rental to see for myself. I care far more about a compelling story than I do graphics or content. Currently, I am still loving Lost Odyssey on the 360.

Have fun beating old women and killing hookers with RPGs. :p

nfpgasmask
05/02/2008, 08:32 AM
The reason GTA titles change things without reason is because.... They can. They get the sales to pretty much do whatever they want and they know people will adapt, heh. Under it all though, I tend to lean towards them simply not really caring too much about "controls" and more --snip --and killing hookers with RPGs. :p

Thanks Worm, for your thoughts. But actually, I do want hookers to give me handjobs and I do want to mow down loads of innocent bystanders with an AK-47, but if the game play is clunky to the point where I get overly frustrated right away, the game is not worth playing. I played again last night, and I got even more frustrated than before. The driving in GTA4 is uncannily bad, imo. The analog steering is SOOOOO loose its nearly impossible to control ANY vehicle at ANY sort of speed. And the handbrake seems to just throw you into a massive fishtail. Maybe I am just used to the previous GTAs, where driving was MUCH more tight and easy. I dunno, but so far I am still hating it. Which sucks, because I not only spent $60 on the game, I REALLY liked the previous GTAs and was REALLY looking forward to this new one.

I mean, there are some things I like about the new GTA, like the fact that when you crash you fly through the windsheild, but then this gets annoying when it keeps happening every minute or so, because the cars are damn near impossible to drive. And so far the "missions" are freakin stupid. "Go bowling with Michelle". "Take Roman to get something to eat". WTF?!?!!? Is this GTA or the SIMS??

Come on Chopper, please tell me it gets better!

Bart

etlsport
05/02/2008, 08:37 AM
its getting better.. so far ive gotten to take out an entire motorcycle gang.. off a couple of people and steal a few vehicles on missions..

im getting used to the driving slowly.. still frustrating.. if u want fun find a little old lady and punch her.... all the guys standing nearby will start to fight you!

nfpgasmask
05/02/2008, 08:40 AM
It's no Gran Turismo for sure, but maybe it does not bug me much. Maybe because I played #1 for a month or so Years ago, and haven't gone near the series since....and I don't play driver games at all.

Well see, I LOATHE Gran Turismo. That game completely sucks, imo. Sure, the graphics are nice, but this game is on the opposite end of the spectrum. In Gran Turismo, YOU CAN'T EVEN CRASH AT ALL!!! Graphics are just a plus for me, game play is absolutely #1. Right now I would much rather sit down and play some Super Metroid or some Bushido Blade than Grand Theft Auto 4.

I really liked Midnight Club, for a driving game, and so far, I still really enjoy playing Motor Storm. The way the vehicles handle in Motor Storm is right on!

Bart

nfpgasmask
05/28/2008, 03:46 PM
So I haven't really been playing the single player game....but I am feeling a slight addiction to GTA4 online deathmatch...especially now that I am getting better at it. Anyone gone online with GTA4 yet?

My PS3 online id is: CHELUSfimbriatus

Bart