PDA

View Full Version : The only way I could go to Moab this year... question to all driving through TX

LittleBeast
04/29/2008, 03:39 PM
So Tom mentioned in another thread a possible way that I could actually meet up with you all in Moab this year and it just might work, but I need someone or some people to help make it happen.

-I will be flying in to Provo, Utah on the 9th for a track meet and I can simply change my return flight for the 14th or 15th.

-So no problem getting me there, but getting the Little(Big)Beast there is another story. I have thought of two options:

#1 - A VXer driving through Houston (with a partner) could pick up my VX in Houston, and then I could pay them gas plus their troubles.

OR

#2 - A VXer driving through Houston WITH A TRAILER HITCH could tow my VX on a trailer to Moab. I would cover trailer (of course) and split the gas bill with whoever wants to do it.

What do you guys think? Oh and in case some of you don't know, the reason I cannot simply get back in Houston on sunday and drive my VX up there myself, is I have the Olympic Trials coming up on June 29th and 30th and I cannot, absolutely cannot sit in a car and drive that far with the one event I have been training for for the last 4 years coming up this closely, I hope you all understand and maybe we all can figure out a way for me to join you all, but if not be safe and hope to see you all in Moab on a non-Olympic year.

I personally would rather split one gas bill than pay for one whole one, but whatever it takes let me know if either of these ideas are options. Thanks again. :bwgr:

VX crazy
04/29/2008, 05:07 PM
Wow Ryan, wish I would have known before booking my flight to Phoenix, I would have driven it there for you and found someone to drive it back! What an opportunity for someone! That truck is awesome!

tomdietrying
04/29/2008, 06:48 PM
Ray,
Not to put any pressure on you but WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!:bwgy:
Peace.
Tom

LittleBeast
04/29/2008, 07:29 PM
I plan on leaving Salt Lake Sunday, the 11th, around 2 or so if you want to catch a ride to Moab with me and the dog.

Sweet, so I have a ride to Moab from Provo, check that one off the list, I appreciate it! Anyone want to haul or drive the VX?

geshaw30
05/01/2008, 10:38 PM
Ryan- If all other avenues fail gimme a hollar. I might be able to drive the Beast on a 2 day run up there for you but I can't stay much past the weekend. I'd somehow need to get back to Salt Lake and fly back to Houston within a couple days

phxsunfan
05/04/2008, 07:08 PM
so if someone would drive it up there, you would drive it back?

nfpgasmask
05/04/2008, 08:02 PM
Now this is cool. MAKE IT HAPPEN DUDE!

Bart

Dumke
05/04/2008, 08:57 PM
Ya was talking to phxsunfan. We were talking I would drive your vx up there and he would drive mine. But I guess possibly the breaker would be wether we have to drive back as we will be swapping drive duties on way back. Also pose question to Tom. Are we going to be driving through Colorado on way to 4 coners? So we could do it and I know these stipulations are narrow. But would need a way to get it to dallas fort worth area due to I have prior plans friday night. Also couldnt go through Colorado tom (dont ask). Lastly would need drive back down from moab home we would not be able to do it as we dont know plans from there.

Wish I could be more of service but this is all I have for now.

Oh and once most worked out I will pm you will cell and we can work out details. PM if you have and idea lemt me know.

Oh and if it does work out I dont care about my troubles a helping a fellow vxer is payment enough :) But I would have to ask for gas because gas prices aren't what they were in the 90's.... Man that is sad I know you older folk... Not by much are thinking wow I remeber when bread was 5 cents. lol Sorry couldnt help it.

tomdietrying
05/05/2008, 06:15 AM
Dumke (Rob), Luck is on your side. We will not be going through Colorado to get to Four Corners.
Peace.
Tom

Dumke
05/05/2008, 09:48 AM
Sweet ok also need the truck before 630 am on saturday may 10th as that is when we will be leaving but I am sure if not right @ that time could make a small adjustment maybe but tom is leading the convoy..

So that is one good need two more answers I guess as to will it be driven back and how we can get it up to these parts. I can try and meet but a little straped for time as moab is right around the corner. I would also need to find a 2nd driver to do the whole meet half way or something which maybe a bit difficult but we can figure something out I hope.

LittleBeast
05/05/2008, 10:14 AM
Sweet ok also need the truck before 630 am on saturday may 10th as that is when we will be leaving but I am sure if not right @ that time could make a small adjustment maybe but tom is leading the convoy..

So that is one good need two more answers I guess as to will it be driven back and how we can get it up to these parts. I can try and meet but a little straped for time as moab is right around the corner. I would also need to find a 2nd driver to do the whole meet half way or something which maybe a bit difficult but we can figure something out I hope.

So there is no way you all could drive it back? Just wondering. I would have no problems getting it to DFW area whenever, I can just have my parents who live in Waco help, or have one of my roommates drive the VX and I would drive the RX-8. Also it seems my cruise control wire was discoonected by Aamco when then did the tranny rebuild and I haven't found the disconnected part yet so no cruise control.

Dumke
05/05/2008, 10:46 AM
So there is no way you all could drive it back? Just wondering. I would have no problems getting it to DFW area whenever, I can just have my parents who live in Waco help, or have one of my roommates drive the VX and I would drive the RX-8. Also it seems my cruise control wire was discoonected by Aamco when then did the tranny rebuild and I haven't found the disconnected part yet so no cruise control.

well was going to drive back through colorado on way back and may take some detours kinda playing by ear. But would be better to find it a way back. like I said maybe swapping drive duties who knows... man I seriously wish I could help more and if something comes up I will let you know as far as more doing iit.

edit: sorry typed on phone and may not sound right.

tomdietrying
05/05/2008, 11:16 AM
Soooooooo........am I hearing that there is a chance of Ray driving LittleBeast up to Moab?:bwgr:

Peace.
Tom

Dumke
05/05/2008, 12:39 PM
Soooooooo........am I hearing that there is a chance of Ray driving LittleBeast up to Moab?:bwgr:

Peace.
Tom

actually I will be driving beasty and ray will drive mine, but problem is getting it back home. so I ask any other fellow vxers can bring it back then this whole thing would be a go.

or beast can u get a one way ticket and drive back? or ur flight already arranged?

LittleBeast
05/05/2008, 12:45 PM
actually I will be driving beasty and ray will drive mine, but problem is getting it back home. so I ask any other fellow vxers can bring it back then this whole thing would be a go.

or beast can u get a one way ticket and drive back? or ur flight already arranged?

Flight is already booked and paid for through HBU, but I can still change the return flight by a few days. So are you saying that you COULD drive the beast back, but it might take a few more days? That would be fine

Dumke
05/05/2008, 12:57 PM
Flight is already booked and paid for through HBU, but I can still change the return flight by a few days. So are you saying that you COULD drive the beast back, but it might take a few more days? That would be fine

no that is the problem getting it back. I am taking a detour through colorado on way back and only I can drive through colorado so that is delima and why it needs to be another driver for on the way back.

Scott Harness
05/05/2008, 05:17 PM
What did you guys DO in Colorado. Was it a 100mph+ ticket last year?;)

Dumke
05/05/2008, 06:17 PM
ya but wasnt me so shhhhh :p

Dumke
05/05/2008, 08:11 PM
COME ON PEOPLE!!!!! I got off phone with little beast has to be a way to get it back... Help a fellow vxer out.

tomdietrying
05/06/2008, 06:21 AM
Rob,
There's a lot cool ways coming back from Moab. You don't have to come back through Colorado, but if your heart is set on it, I do understand. If you want to come come back through Four Corners and Northern New Mexico, that's pretty country up there too.

Last option is go through Colorado and keep your foot easy on the pedal. You won't get stopped if you don't give them a reason to stop you.

Peace.
Tom

Dumke
05/06/2008, 09:52 AM
Rob,
There's a lot cool ways coming back from Moab. You don't have to come back through Colorado, but if your heart is set on it, I do understand. If you want to come come back through Four Corners and Northern New Mexico, that's pretty country up there too.

Last option is go through Colorado and keep your foot easy on the pedal. You won't get stopped if you don't give them a reason to stop you.

Peace.
Tom

Sort of set. But also there is the fatigue factor as comming back there will be no switching out for either of us. May or may not need it just dont know. I feel like I am one holding this thing up after talking but that is about all I can do. :( Can someone else help a fellow vxer out???

tomdietrying
05/06/2008, 11:20 AM
Are you planning on driving straight from Moab to Dallas when you come back? That's a tough haul. That's why we take two days to get to Moab. We want to be rested when we get there. Maybe take 1 1/2 days to come home. You don't want to be dragging or sleeping at work the next day either.

Just an idea.

Peace.
Tom

Dumke
05/06/2008, 11:34 AM
Sleeping at work is fun tho.

Yes taking couple days to get back. But going through Colorado most of the way.

LittleBeast
05/07/2008, 12:10 PM
Sleeping at work is fun tho.

Yes taking couple days to get back. But going through Colorado most of the way.

Alright since the trip back seems to be a problem, if this doesn't work then I guess I am not going:

http://www.uhaul.com/guide/index.aspx?equipment=towing-autotransport

What do you all think?

LittleBeast
05/07/2008, 12:35 PM
Alright since the trip back seems to be a problem, if this doesn't work then I guess I am not going:

http://www.uhaul.com/guide/index.aspx?equipment=towing-autotransport

What do you all think?

"Towing advisements

The Isuzu Vehicross does not weigh enough to tow the Isuzu Vehicross using U-Haul towing equipment. You must use a larger towing vehicle.

Enter another vehicle "

oh well, next year then

pbkid
05/07/2008, 01:16 PM
if i lived in texas i would help out...but im northern colorado....sorry bud

Dumke
05/07/2008, 02:23 PM
Man I am sooo sorry this really bums me out :( . Will try and make it up to you tho because been looking at local wheeling places maybe we could all meet. Hopefully will get all info before moab next year and can be a texas thing.

Are you still comming down for moab via zeus driving ya from salt lake?

LittleBeast
05/07/2008, 02:59 PM
Are you still comming down for moab via zeus driving ya from salt lake?

no probably not I am just going to come back and hit training hard for the trials, but thanks for everyone who offered to help, wish it would've work out but its cool next time

VXIRONwoMAN
05/07/2008, 03:10 PM
no probably not I am just going to come back and hit training hard for the trials, but thanks for everyone who offered to help, wish it would've work out but its cool next time

Since that's not working out... why don't you ride shotgun with someone/everyone in Moab. Just for a couple days... hmmm???

Triathlete
05/07/2008, 10:32 PM
Littlebeast...make plans for next year. No Olympics plus I will be there!:cool:

pbkid
05/08/2008, 11:05 AM
yea, just ride shotgun, there are plenty of people who are by themselves im sure...