PDA

View Full Version : Rear Panel Clips

logman
04/25/2008, 11:09 AM
Does anyone know where I can get the small round snap in clips that are ALL over the inside of the rear panels? I broke some of them when installing my 6.5" speakers lastnight... those things SUCK. Are they common ones that I could maybe pick up at a GM dealer, or do I need a part number for isuzu ones?

Thanks!

tomdietrying
04/25/2008, 11:15 AM
Call Merlin for stock parts with FREE freight? Tell him you are with VehiCROSS web site for 15% off. Remember it's shipped to you for FREE!
1-800-727-8066 St. Charles Isuzu - ask for Merlin!
Peace.
Tom

Joe Isuzu
04/25/2008, 11:45 AM
tomdietrying beat me to it, I ordered about 12-15 of those crappy little plastic things from Merlin knowing I would break half of them, it'll be worth it to get a bunch

logman
04/25/2008, 11:58 AM
Yeah, I'm going to load up on them for the future... half of them stuck in the body panel, and the other half popped out. The ones stuck in the metal were a PAIN to get out without that special tool... I pretty much destroyed them. Now my passenger side panel is only hanging on by 4 or 5 of them, and the top handle...

I took pictures of the whole 6.5" speaker install, I'm going to post pictures as soon as I can get them off my camera.

rowhard
04/28/2008, 09:25 AM
IF you have a local autobody shop supplier in town, and IF they are all the same clips that you need, you might find that it is a GM part. I know for the front door panels, they had a GM part number's.

rowhard
04/28/2008, 02:56 PM
Well, after looking at the VX parts list that is available for downloading here, I see there are 4 different kind of clips for each inside rear panel. If you drop the first and last digit of the VX part number, you will have a GM part number. You can go by a autobody jobber shop, or a GM dealer, (dealer prices) bet you will find your clips, or you can order from Merlin and wait a week to a month if they are not in stock. Depends how fast you want to finish the job.

logman
04/28/2008, 08:12 PM
I just finished my front speaker replacement today, and I found that nissan maxima clips work great! they are identical. As for the rear panels, I had to order replacements from Merlin (who was VERY helpful btw!)