PDA

View Full Version : Acceleration Hesitant

KaNGiX
04/23/2008, 09:29 PM
Hey guys the last day or two ive noticed that my VX is accelerating like crap. If i just ease into it its not all the noticeable, But if i accelerate fast (say merging on on ramp) it acts as if its not getting fuel and hesitates. I ran some fuel injector cleaner to it but im still getting the problem.

Ldub
04/23/2008, 09:59 PM
No CEL ?

The fuel filter is a possibility.

After that, the fuel pressure regulator...maybe.

Does it start hard after warming up, but great when cold?

KaNGiX
04/23/2008, 10:08 PM
" No CEL " - lost me?

Starts like normal regardless of engine temp.

Ldub
04/23/2008, 10:10 PM
" No CEL " - lost me?

Starts like normal regardless of engine temp.

Sorry... check engine light:_wrench:

I'd start with fuel filter & see if any improvement...it's the cheapest & easiest possibility.

KaNGiX
04/23/2008, 10:15 PM
Ok thanks for the input. Ill get on that tomorrow.

No CEL either..

Ldub
04/23/2008, 10:24 PM
There is a writeup around here somewhere on the "nuts & bolts" of fuel filter replacement.
IIRC, Spazz was the author.:smilewink

KaNGiX
04/23/2008, 10:29 PM
Just finished reading the 6 steps :p

http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=11089&highlight=Change+Fuel+Filter

VehiGAZ
04/24/2008, 08:15 AM
Other possibilities (from recent personal experiences) are the TPS (throttle position sensor/switch) and/or the MAF (mass airflow sensor).

Has anyone done anything under the hood recently? If so, the connectors to the MAF or TPS may be loose, which will cause those symptoms.

Do you have a K&N-style (oiled) air filter? If yes, then it is very possible the oil has messed up the detector wires in the MAF, which can also cause the hesitation problem. CRC makes an MAF cleaner spray that will clear the oil residue off the wires, but don't use any other type of electrical contact cleaner. (Ldub, did you use the CRC spray on yours?) I had to replace mine twice with AutoZone rebuilds before I could get the engine running right (but that's another thread).

Good luck!

Ldub
04/24/2008, 08:54 AM
[QUOTE=VehiGAZ;125389]CRC makes an MAF cleaner spray that will clear the oil residue off the wires, but don't use any other type of electrical contact cleaner. (Ldub, did you use the CRC spray on yours?) QUOTE]

Yep, that's the "good stuff"...I don't leave home without it.:smilewink

Mr.Badguy
05/02/2008, 03:02 PM
I had the same hesitation problem back in march while on a long trip. i thought it was bad gas that i had gotten at a questionable shell station. I let it sit for a day then put new fuel in and i haven't had a problem since. I will change my fuel filter when i go in for my 100,000 mile "tune up". I'm curious to know what you do to finally fix your problem. keep us informed.