PDA

View Full Version : VXC Ron's Skid Plates for sale.

navistar
04/23/2008, 06:29 PM
I have a brand new, never used, still in the box set of front and rear skid plates from Ron of VX Concepts for sale. These are in black with all mounting hardware and instructions. You could wait for years and still not get these rare and priceless items. But these could be on your VX by next week. I paid $685.00 plus $50.00 for shipping. I'm offering them here first. If anyone is interested in these please respond with suggestions. They're worth at least what I paid for them. Market forces are at work here, I waited over a year and was lucky to get them! Any offers or should they go directly to Ebay?

Navi

So-CalVX
04/23/2008, 08:29 PM
Y must they be available AFTER I lost my job. That so bites

Petos
04/23/2008, 08:38 PM
Dude, why dont you move it into the "For sale" thread?
I am sure a lot of people will be interested!

logman
04/23/2008, 08:54 PM
I'm interested...
what do they look like? what do they cover?? Do you have some pictures so I can see what exactly they are.

Thanks.

LittleBeast
04/23/2008, 09:49 PM
if logman opts out i call next in line

Ldub
04/23/2008, 09:55 PM
I'm interested...
what do they look like? what do they cover?? Do you have some pictures so I can see what exactly they are.

Thanks.

Keep in mind, these are strictly cosmetic applications...they offer no protection.

LittleBeast
04/23/2008, 10:15 PM
Keep in mind, these are strictly cosmetic applications...they offer no protection.

Kinda like a bullet proof vest that makes you look cool, but is found in the Halloween shop.

Ldub
04/23/2008, 10:19 PM
Kinda like a bullet proof vest that makes you look cool, but is found in the Halloween shop.

Exactly...but these bits look SO cool.

I'm gonna "chance um" & leave my rear on during Moab...but barring epic failure, I should be able to repair any scuffs or scrapes...I hope.:rolleyesg

rowhard
04/24/2008, 04:15 AM
rear one please, money is ready

logman
04/24/2008, 06:25 AM
I don't need them. I'm going to have a real one fabricated if anything. go for it!

LittleBeast
04/28/2008, 06:13 PM
So am I next in line? If so do you have some pics? Are these painted Ebony or just ready for paint?

rowhard
04/28/2008, 07:07 PM
Not sure what the deal is. I posted here and also emailed but no response. I need a rear one, raw, primed, or painted, doesn't matter

LittleBeast
04/28/2008, 07:17 PM
Not sure what the deal is. I posted here and also emailed but no response. I need a rear one, raw, primed, or painted, doesn't matter

Yeah I pm'ed a while ago as well. I wanted both though. My computer has officially died so I am on the PS3 now hope everything is ok with navistar.

renetrev
04/29/2008, 04:48 PM
I am very interested ... just got my second VX and looking to add some upgrades. Can pay you quickly. Thanks.

navistar
04/29/2008, 07:40 PM
I'm back. Been gone since last week. 2500 mile road trip again in the VX. The miles are adding up. I posted these skid plates for sale then had to leave town and I had no computer so I just got back online this minute. I'm sorry for being unavailable.

Rowhead you were the first to PM me with your interest in just the rear skid plate just three hours ahead of LittleBeast.

LittleBeast you were the second to contact me with your interest in both the front and rear skid plates.

The skid plates are painted in gloss black with the standard sort of crinkle texture finish that all the skid plates by Ron had. These are made of fiberglass with stainless hex bolts that are embeded into the plates. These plates are cosmetic only, fit flush to the front and rear cladding and are absolutely awesome in appearance and add so cool a look to the VX that it is almost mandatory to have them.

I want at least what I paid for them, I waited over a year to get them and I think that's worth something, and I've offered them here first before Ebay because I want you all to have the edge but I don't know how to proceed because of the interest in them and I don't want to make anyone mad. I would prefer to sell them as a set because that's how they should be used...installed as a front and rear set. So LittleBeast's interest in both of them has an edge over Rowhead.

If I end up feeling awkward about this I may just put them on Ebay and let the free market economy dictate the highest bid.

The alternative would be for someone to make me the quickest offer that I couldn't refuse.

BTW...I hope that Ron comes through for all of you who are waiting so patiently. It appears that maybe his attention has been gotten...just maybe.

I might try to fabricate these things myself if there is sufficient interest.

Please respond with a solution.

Navi

rowhard
04/30/2008, 03:54 AM
Well, in the thread you started, 'RON - new thread please' you said you had 3 sets, so LittleBeast shouldn't have a problem. understand not wanting to break up the set, but if someone only wants a front, I will take a rear. I already have a front I bought awhile back. Thanks

Lizardmen3477
04/30/2008, 03:05 PM
I would like a set any still up for sale?? email me please

ronnieb
06/05/2008, 02:13 PM
Hi Navi!

ronnieb
06/05/2008, 02:16 PM
Hello Navi-
Just joined this site and never sat foot in a VX yet. I'll (hopefully) be getting a 1999 Ironman this week in white. I think the skid plates will look cool. Follow up with me to make sure I'm posting this correctly.

navistar
06/05/2008, 06:34 PM
I do have three sets of the RARE Ron's skid plates (in black) but I also have two black VXs and the skid plates add so much to the appearance of the VX that I decided to keep all three sets for now just in case. So none are for sale at this time. Have any of those of you who are waiting for Ron actually received anything yet from him???

Navi

tomdietrying
06/05/2008, 11:15 PM
Yeah, Petos told me in Moab he did receive his stuff from Ron.
Peace.
Tom

taylorRichie
06/06/2008, 08:31 AM
I've been thinking about getting some produced for us. I have a guy who could definitely make them for us, I would need a set for development purposes.

I haven't discussed this with him yet, so I don't know what the expense would be, I would imagine it'd be inline with the current/past offerings... Just not sure if there would be enough interest since so many people already have them.

Petos
06/08/2008, 05:43 PM
Yep, with help from people on this site, I did get all my stuff, just a week before Moab, Ron told me then he had a couple (?) of people still waiting, and promised to finish these last orders soon, also confirmed that there is no way he will be resuming production... :(