PDA

View Full Version : I've got a VX!!

logman
04/15/2008, 11:35 AM
Well, I finally got my VX! Had to drive to nashville, but I got it! I purchased from VXRoadster here on the forum.

I drove it 650 miles back to michigan, and everything is running perfect, I was getting 19.08 mpg the whole way driving about 65 - 70mph. VXRoadster took really good care of this thing, its in beautiful condition.

I love this thing.... it looks so much better looking than any other truck out there IMO. I've had it through my small town a few times (which is loaded with wrangler/ford drivers) and EVERY single one has rubbernecked this thing. After I change all the fluids, I'm putting some nitto terra grapplers on it :bwgy:

I was worried about getting pulled over but I didn't get pulled over once! Not having a license plate is apparently not enough to get pulled over. I was passed by at least 4 sheriff's, and 2 state police that approached me from the rear, and they just kept on going. Once in Indiana, on a less traveled road, my brother (driving pontiac grand am GT) got pulled over for "light out above license plate". The funny thing is, the cop went around me to get to my brother who was leading the way... Am I invisible?

Anyways, all in all, the truck has impressed me... for fun I raced my brother in his grandam GT and SMOKED him. That was from a dead stop on our deadend road. This truck has some serious acceleration, and a very comfy inside. I am very happy with my purchase!

I'll post some pictures of the tires once I get them mid week.

peace.

--Joel

Ldub
04/15/2008, 11:44 AM
:dance:...:thumbup:...:dance:...:thumbup:

Feels good don't it?...Welcome to the fam & take good care of your new baby. (I'm sure you will)

And YES, you are invisible AND bullet proof...the VX comes with the cloaking device & the force field standard...just keep the capacitors clean & the battery charged.:smilewink

Oh yeah, go to the user control panel & update your info. ;)

JHarris1385
04/15/2008, 11:53 AM
CONGRATS........should have stopped in Louisville on your way up.

logman
04/15/2008, 12:05 PM
How do I tell what number my truck is? Is it the last 4 digits of the VIN?

Ldub
04/15/2008, 12:06 PM
How do I tell what number my truck is? Is it the last 4 digits of the VIN?

Yup.

kodiak
04/15/2008, 12:28 PM
I thought I was going to be pulled over a lot when I first purchased my VX but I haven’t been pulled over ones. “These are not the droids you’re looking for, move along.” :p Congrats!

Joe Isuzu
04/15/2008, 12:47 PM
congrats on the new purchase. And judging by the posts here along with my experience, you better be happy with getting 19 mpg! you may never see it again....
HA!
good luck with your new baby and welcome to the club

VXIRONwoMAN
04/15/2008, 01:06 PM
If you can't make it to Moab in May... which I hope you do, you should come out to the Northern Midwest meet the last weekend of August. It will be held in Hayward, WI. We are still working out the details. Welcome to the family!

don moore
04/15/2008, 06:21 PM
Joel...Dont underestimate the power of the Dark Side.:evil:..use the VX.:_steering..

Ldub
04/15/2008, 07:27 PM
Logman...I got you a little welcome present...It might make a pretty spiffy avatar if properly cropped & shrunk to 100 square. :naughty:

If you don't think this is as funny as I do, pm me & I'll take it down.:smilewink

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/01_RIFLEMAN_WOOD.gif

I KNEW I'd find a use for that pic some day.:razzgray:

Gussie2000
04/15/2008, 08:30 PM
Joel...Dont underestimate the power of the Dark Side.:evil:..use the VX.:_steering..

Oh man you are so funny :p

logman
04/17/2008, 07:22 AM
lmao, that picture is awesome... I just may use it for an avatar. Thanks for the welcome! I just put new tires on the VX.. BFG AT's, black wall out. Wow.. It looks sooooooOOOO good. I don't mind the millage... I can afford the gas, so I'm not worried.

I could probably make the WI meet, my cousin lives there, so I could stay with him.

Out of curiosity... I hope this isn't bad, but does anyone else have clicking coming from the engine? My brother said its the coils, or injectors, it sounds like its electrical, and its coming from each cylinder. Oil is full, looks great... these engines are notoriously noisy right?

I can't believe how much pep this thing has... I feel like I'm driving my golf when it comes to torque and acceleration but I'm in an suv! :bwgr:

logman
04/17/2008, 11:27 AM
Ok never mind, I think its the EGR nut, the search function actually found my symptoms.

kodiak
04/17/2008, 11:39 AM
Ok never mind, I think its the EGR nut, the search function actually found my symptoms.

Good job! Just about every problem you can have has been addressed in one way or another. Search is your savior search is your friend. :p