PDA

View Full Version : Line X, or Rhino Lined Cladding... How much did you spend?

taylorRichie
04/15/2008, 06:40 AM
Hey Guys, I'm going to get my cladding all Rhino lined (probably with Line X) ha... (rhino lining is kind of like Q-tips, not all lining is rhino, but it's what it's Identified as)

ANYWAY...

How much did you guys who've had it done spend on Line-Xing your Cladding? Does anyone have a good gallery of images? Did you do the masking yourself? I'm worried that if I take off all the cladding, and drop it off, that all my bolt holes, light holes, mounting holes etc. will all be sprayed shut.

Do you think It's best to do your own masking (off the vehicle) and drop it off?

Take in the vehicle, drop it off, and say, I want all of these sprayed?

Has anyone had any issues with their lining?

My cladding is a bit scratched up, and starting to fade a bit and I know this would make it look like a brand new vehicle, plus it'd be very protective (anyone see smash lab with rhino lining?)

Thanks Guys!

ZEUS
04/15/2008, 07:14 AM
I took the cheap route by spraying Dupli-Color bed coating on my cladding. See my gallery for images, there is a thread I started too full of info. You get what you pay for, but I like the results-for-the-money ratio cuz it is better than the stock, faded, and marred cladding look. SPAZZ Line-X'd his entire VX! There are pics of that too.

taylorRichie
04/15/2008, 07:35 AM
Very nice... Might go that route will definitely help the pocket book for now... then I can always do the line-x later.

Where are the SPAZZ line X'd pictures?

Do you have a hitch on your VX?

Does the Xpedition Rack mount directly to the rails? and can you mount a bike rack to that rack?

And on another note...

I have a doberman too, Named Bender, Awesome dog, just a giant lap dog at 80lbs...

Thanks for the response...

JHarris1385
04/15/2008, 07:44 AM
Spazz's pictures are under the name johnny i think or something near it. There is also a Mark something.... on here that sprayed his cladding.

ZEUS
04/15/2008, 11:10 AM
See below.
Very nice... Might go that route will definitely help the pocket book for now... then I can always do the line-x later.

Where are the SPAZZ line X'd pictures? "Spazz line-x" is a good search entry as well as "painted cladding".

Do you have a hitch on your VX? I do, but it is a small weak one. It works tho and has kept the rocks of my cladding in several instances.

Does the Xpedition Rack mount directly to the rails? and can you mount a bike rack to that rack? Mine does because I made the mounts for it. There is a how-to article I wrote up on the forum if you are interested. My rack is a unique size that can't be found anymore. Creeg made up some bike racks for his and those are shown in the same article.

And on another note...

I have a doberman too, Named Bender, Awesome dog, just a giant lap dog at 80lbs... I do loves my dog, Menace! He is my 90 lb horse. Does yours trot around and prance? They are such graceful protectors!

Thanks for the response...

tomdietrying
04/15/2008, 12:09 PM
Let's see, I had a bra with Line-X put on.....$125
and front cladding Line-Xed for..................$225

Hope this helps.

Peace.
Tom

VXIRONwoMAN
04/15/2008, 12:21 PM
Let's see, I had a bra with Line-X put on.....$125
and front cladding Line-Xed for..................$225

Hope this helps.

Peace.
Tom

Just the front cladding? Are you going to do the rest of the cladding later? Do you have pics up?

ZEUS
04/15/2008, 12:26 PM
Tom, why do you have no pics at all... of anythying?

tomdietrying
04/15/2008, 12:48 PM
I'm sorry to say......I don't own a digital camera:cryr:

I'm a teacher so I borrowed one from our school library. The only cameras we have are ones that take a small disk. I took the pictures which, BTW, came out great. The problem is it needs a special program. I need to have that program in the computer to be able to send them to the VX site. I don't understand it. I was able to send them to Don Moore (he's on the site) via e-mail.

I'll see if I sent myself a copy. I'll send it to you if I find it.

Peace.
Tom

p.s.
CeCe, I only did the front cladding and the bra. It looks reaklly good with Ron's Skid Plate.

VXIRONwoMAN
04/15/2008, 01:01 PM
I'm sorry to say......I don't own a digital camera:cryr:

I'm a teacher so I borrowed one from our school library. The only cameras we have are ones that take a small disk. I took the pictures which, BTW, came out great. The problem is it needs a special program. I need to have that program in the computer to be able to send them to the VX site. I don't understand it. I was able to send them to Don Moore (he's on the site) via e-mail.

I'll see if I sent myself a copy. I'll send it to you if I find it.

Peace.
Tom

p.s.
CeCe, I only did the front cladding and the bra. It looks reaklly good with Ron's Skid Plate.

Cool, Yea, see if you can find the email in your "sent" section and forward it to me... uless you deleted it :rolleyes: (i hope not).I will post the pics for you!
:cool:

tomdietrying
04/15/2008, 05:32 PM
CeCe,
No luck in finding that e-mail.

Don Moore if you are out there........see if you have that e-mail I sent you. If you have it, could you send it to CeCe.

Thanks.
Peace.
Tom

p.s.
I put in some new fog lights that are not in those pics.

don moore
04/15/2008, 06:39 PM
yup..Iam a going to post for ya

MustangO4
04/20/2008, 04:09 PM
I did my own with the hercu-liner kit available at Pepboys, Kragan, etc for about $90. It came out well. I've had it on for 2 years and I think I'll throw another coat on. i did 2 coats and it is wearing through in a few spots. Just go heavy the first time and do 3-4 coats.

taylorRichie
07/23/2008, 07:29 AM
Finally got around to getting some details on this. Estimate came out pretty cheap. IMO.

First I got quotes for SpeedLiner (http://www.speedliner.com/speedliner-1000-vs-line-x) Since I couldn't find a close Line X dealer. And I did some research and found a lot of people who have had both Line X and Speedliner, and say they would recommend either. Rhino is just too gritty and inconsistent (IMO).

So my quote includes the Removal, and Reinstallation of all the cladding (they don't know what they're getting themselves into) and the spraying of speedliner, for $1060 total.

The good thing is they're a collision repair center, so they should be more than qualified to do it "right".

Not sure when I'll be able to do it, but I'll probably go in with the actual vehicle and make sure their quote stands when they see the vehicle in person. (I only sent a picture of the VX)

zadam123
07/23/2008, 02:36 PM
i had mine done with colored liine x about 2-3 years ago, got the whole cladding done for $450 including the hood insert. Now they want $225 just for the rear bumper. they said cause its a fuel based product so price is crazy now. theres a pic in my gallery but dont know how to link it here

twistedsymphony
07/28/2008, 12:22 PM
just make sure you check out some of the other vehicles they've worked on...

I've seen many "professionals" that do horrible work...

I'm glad you're only doing the cladding... personally I don't care for ANY durable liner type paint on anything but hidden surfaces, I do see the benefit if you off road a lot though.

I've never seen a truck with that stuff on the body that I thought looked good... but that's just me.

Personally if I were to cover up the fading and scratches I'd simply get the cladding painted, either to match the body or in black for a 2-tone effect. The few FULLY painted VXs I've seen looked really slick IMO.

Full Black: http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/3569
Full Yellow: http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/2905

patrick cooper
07/28/2008, 01:24 PM
got the whole vehicle done bar the roof and it cost £1000 sterling probaly works out at $2000 looks well and no more scraches check out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6qo6dXONww

tomdietrying
07/28/2008, 01:30 PM
Cool video! Thanks!
Peace.
Tom

LittleBeast
07/28/2008, 01:33 PM
personally I don't care for ANY durable liner type paint on anything but hidden surfaces, I do see the benefit if you off road a lot though.

I've never seen a truck with that stuff on the body that I thought looked good... but that's just me.

Personally if I were to cover up the fading and scratches I'd simply get the cladding painted, either to match the body or in black for a 2-tone effect. The few FULLY painted VXs I've seen looked really slick IMO.

Full Black: http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/3569
Full Yellow: http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/2905

I totally agree, Tom's front cladding + bra looks pretty unique, but for the most part I would just do the lining on the wheel wells and anything that is hidden, never on a body panel or cladding. Painted cladding does look pretty good though.

LittleBeast
07/28/2008, 01:38 PM

How in the world did you not end up on the side of the VX? Wow

taylorRichie
07/28/2008, 07:07 PM
Yeah I already offroad enough that I'd consider doing the entire vehicle, in fact I WOULD do it if it wasn't so pricey. I have plenty of scratches from offroad, and with my offset I'm sure I'll get plenty of rock chips as well.

I want my car as an offroad vehicle, not a show car.

Patrick That video was awesome and your VX looks awesome, but I'd recommend tagging your video with Vehicross, so the rest of us can find it in the future ;)

So-CalVX
07/29/2008, 04:35 PM
CRAZY!!!
thats what that video was!!!
it looked like u have no fear of rolling it!
U R AWESOME!!!!!!

tomdietrying
07/29/2008, 05:25 PM
Like I said before....Great video!

I was checking it out again, and I couldn't figure out what was on the hood. Is it a picture of flames, but then again it looked like it was something 3-D. What is that?
Peace.
Tom

Triathlete
07/29/2008, 10:51 PM
Like I said before....Great video!

I was checking it out again, and I couldn't figure out what was on the hood. Is it a picture of flames, but then again it looked like it was something 3-D. What is that?
Peace.
Tom

Looks like a recovery strap/rope to me.

twistedsymphony
07/30/2008, 09:51 AM
yeah the hood looks like it has a bunch of recovery ropes sitting there...

seriously crazy stuff, I'm amazed it didn't end up sideways. :eek:

Bob Barker
10/16/2010, 12:07 PM
got the whole vehicle done bar the roof and it cost £1000 sterling probaly works out at $2000 looks well and no more scraches check out

I think this video just convinced me to Rhinoline my whole truck!

THAT WAS AWESOME!!!