PDA

View Full Version : Possible July Northern Midwest Meet???

VXIRONwoMAN
04/12/2008, 09:30 PM
Hey folks!!!

:) Since I had so much fun meeting eveyone today at Lake Geneva, I am thinking of another meet in July. (IT HAS NOW BEEN CHANGED TO THE LAST WEEKEND OF AUGUST (the 30th & 31st) ).

I was thinking more towards Hayward, in the north woods of Wisconsin. Maybe a weekend of outdoor activities like kayaking, atv's, horseback riding, BBQ... just FUN! Check out this site http://www.haywardlakes.com/hayward_recreation.html

I am wanting it in WI because we can get more VX's to meet up there... the Minnesota (orion?, BigSwede?), North Dakota (Ldub?), Canada??? (Kenny?) crowd isn't too far from there. It seems like a really nice place. I have never been there before, or anywhere in the Midwest really, so I am looking to explore since I am a resident out here now.

I am just throwing it out there. I will make it a scheduled event once I can see who is up for it.

:cool:

Let me know your thoughts!!!

Ldub
04/12/2008, 09:36 PM
Great Idea.
If I can swing it financially, you know I'll be there. Gonna have to see how fa$t I can recover from Moab.
Put me down as a definite maybe. :cool:

ojmagg
04/13/2008, 07:09 AM
My fam and I used to go up to that area every summer...very serine...the North Woods are sweet...lakes everywhere...great in the winter too...snomobieling paradice

VXIRONwoMAN
04/13/2008, 01:22 PM
My fam and I used to go up to that area every summer...very serine...the North Woods are sweet...lakes everywhere...great in the winter too...snomobieling paradice

:rolleyes: So does that count you in??? :cool:

Pepino
04/13/2008, 01:41 PM
Cant you make it like at the end of this month or late august?
im going to mexico for most of the summer, im leaving like middle July! but if imhere ill go for sure, and if not ill try to come back just for this lol and then go back again!

VXIRONwoMAN
04/13/2008, 04:52 PM
Cant you make it like at the end of this month or late august?
im going to mexico for most of the summer, im leaving like middle July! but if imhere ill go for sure, and if not ill try to come back just for this lol and then go back again!

I will be gone one of the first 2 weeks of August... If everyone is okay with the end of August like the weekend of the 30th and 31st, I can do it then as well. Gives me more time to recover from Moab! LOL

orion
04/14/2008, 04:13 PM
I'm in! not picky about the date.

Pepino
04/14/2008, 04:14 PM
great now i need to find out what dates im going to be here so that i can be there too!

nocturnalVX
04/14/2008, 11:04 PM
I just so happen to have the last weekend of August off of work. I say we do this meet then...
See you in the Northwoods! :thumbup:

Ldub
04/15/2008, 05:57 AM
I will be gone one of the first 2 weeks of August... If everyone is okay with the end of August like the weekend of the 30th and 31st, I can do it then as well. Gives me more time to recover from Moab! LOL

Late August works better for me too.

Pepino
04/15/2008, 08:39 AM
lol ok then its not just me! good didnt want to cause alll this trouble but it works out better for everyone too, so its done im 90% sure ill be there! and that place looks good!

VXIRONwoMAN
08/26/2008, 04:33 PM
We never really got around to recovering from Moab... or at least I haven't. But I am thinking of going back to the same restaurant we were at in Lake Geneva for our last meet. Either Sat the 30th or Sun the 31st? Anyone interested?

Pepino
08/26/2008, 04:48 PM
ill be there for sure! this weekend?

Ldub
08/26/2008, 04:56 PM
We never really got around to recovering from Moab... or at least I haven't.

Same same...gonna have to pass...:sighwgray

nocturnalVX
08/26/2008, 09:38 PM
I like the idea of meeting at Fischer’s Lake Geneva Bar & Grill... I am going to move this thread on over to "MEETS"...