PDA

View Full Version : Lifted truck jack.

Dumke
04/11/2008, 10:36 AM
I know I can just throw the 3 ton jack in the back for when I am on ths street and get a flat and need to change it. Assuming you cant you the stock jack anymore even tho I havent tried.

My question is I for those that are lifted what jack do you use on the trail when offroading if you happen to get a flat?

ZEUS
04/11/2008, 02:52 PM
It's this cool little product called "Fix-a-flat" get the one meant for big tires and get a spare can! Or you can use a decent bottle jack that you can store in place of the stock junk... I mean jack.

Ascinder
04/11/2008, 04:20 PM
Use some man-gineering

http://images1.comstock.com/Imagewarehouse/RF/SITECS/NLWMCompingVersions/0113000/113500-113999/KS113775.jpg

Ldub
04/11/2008, 04:24 PM
I know I can just throw the 3 ton jack in the back for when I am on ths street and get a flat and need to change it. Assuming you cant you the stock jack anymore even tho I havent tried.

My question is I for those that are lifted what jack do you use on the trail when offroading if you happen to get a flat?

The stock jack would work OK, provided you have a railroad tie or something else to use under it for a spacer...:smilewink

Dumke
04/11/2008, 08:58 PM
Thanks guys....

Ok dub that so i need to get a roof rack and a rail roadtie before moab... Cool not too bad thanks.

Ldub
04/11/2008, 09:08 PM
Thanks guys....

Ok dub that so i need to get a roof rack and a rail roadtie before moab... Cool not too bad thanks.

I was kiddin' on the railroad tie...how much higher is you're frame off the ground after the lift?...that's all the thickness you'll need in a block.
A couple thicknesses of 2x6" or 2x8" criss crossed, overlapped & screwed together, with a peice of 3/4" plywood screwed to one side should do the trick.:thumbup:

Also, I agree with Thor...errrr, Zeus (I get my Gods mixed up), a hydraulic bottle jack would be an improvment over stock.

Dumke
04/12/2008, 10:37 AM
I was kiddin' on the railroad tie...how much higher is you're frame off the ground after the lift?...that's all the thickness you'll need in a block.
A couple thicknesses of 2x6" or 2x8" criss crossed, overlapped & screwed together, with a peice of 3/4" plywood screwed to one side should do the trick.:thumbup:

Also, I agree with Thor...errrr, Zeus (I get my Gods mixed up), a hydraulic bottle jack would be an improvment over stock.

I knew you were joking... You really didnt think I would put a railroad tie on my roof rack??? I would @ least put it in the back and beat bart as the biggest load...

Ya me being the awesome mechanic there is... not!! I am going to go that methid just didnt know what others were using and when I put it in the search forum I came up with "jack" pun intended...

Thanks again.

Ldub
04/12/2008, 02:11 PM
I knew you were joking... You really didnt think I would put a railroad tie on my roof rack??? I would @ least put it in the back and beat bart as the biggest load...

Ya me being the awesome mechanic there is... not!! I am going to go that methid just didnt know what others were using and when I put it in the search forum I came up with "jack" pun intended...

Thanks again.

Ya, I thought you were jokin', but the written word is hard to tell sometimes.
That's why I tend to use too many smilies...don't want anyone taking me too seriously.:rolleyesg

I guess a R/R tie might make things a "little" top heavy.:smilewink