PDA

View Full Version : Computer Reset....

gruven
06/19/2003, 08:52 AM
At the risk of sounding stupid, I have to ask this silly question....

How does one know if the computer has really reset? I am wondering because the first time I reset (after K&N) I was greeted by the wonderful horn honking.;oor; The past couple of times (latest after PVault) the horn has never gone off upon hooking the battery back up. Radio is reset, horn does work, and length of time unhooked does not change this.

Sorry for the VX-101 question...

-gruven:supercool

Anita
06/19/2003, 09:27 AM
I wonder if it has something to do with the alarm.

Dallas4u
06/19/2003, 10:04 AM
Hmmm... not too sure. I can tell you this:

I awoke one morning, about to run to the grocery, and found that I couldn't use the remote to unlock the doors. I unloked them with the key and heard a light, repetitive clicking inside. The overhead light wasn't on and the VX wouldn't start... just the clicking noise and the alarm light in the cabin was blinking with the clicking. I opened the hood and followed the clocking noise to the fuse box. I started pulling fuses and finally pulled the horn fuse... clicking stopped. I figured, somehow, the alarm had gone off lastnight and was on long enough to drain the battery or something. I jump the VX, then put the horn fuse back in, and everything has been normal since.

I'm still not sure what cause it, but it was strange.

andy454
06/19/2003, 10:15 AM
Try setting a code by pulling one of the sensors connectors like the maf of tp and then put it back. The ses light should come on. Pull the battery cable and if the light goes off then the ecm is re-set. No other way that I know without using a scanner to see if the adaps have re-set.