PDA

View Full Version : Dag, I really miss my VX.....

cbavx
04/08/2008, 07:22 AM
I'm a former VX owner and memeber of this site. I re-registered to sell an unused hitch I had, but being around the forum again, has made me miss my VX even more than I normally do....

I cut a sunroof in her, installed the light bar, added the side marker indicators, brake light flasher, I even painted the cladding bolts red.. Boy was she sweet..... ;)

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/thumbs/Rideoftheknight.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=10776)

I still get the urge to flash my headlight at VXes I see on the road.... But they would just think I'm some jerk... :p

MSHardeman
04/08/2008, 07:53 AM
The VX truly is an addiction because it seems that once it gets in your blood it's hard to live without it.

I do have one question, though; You actually see other VX's on the road? The only time I get to see another one is when we get together for ZuZoo. That's when I realize just how cool I look going down the road.:rolleyes:

cbavx
04/08/2008, 08:15 AM
The VX truly is an addiction because it seems that once it gets in your blood it's hard to live without it.

I do have one question, though; You actually see other VX's on the road? The only time I get to see another one is when we get together for ZuZoo. That's when I realize just how cool I look going down the road.:rolleyes:
Yeah! There are two in Brooklyn I usually see. And there used to be a Proton in Harlem.

tom4bren
04/08/2008, 08:31 AM
Sometimes I wonder if VXs are shy. I just found out that an Ironman was sold by someone in my hometown to someone that lives in a town I commute through & I've never seen it in either place.

Andrey
04/08/2008, 04:40 PM
I miss mine so badly... R.I.P.:cryy:

ScottinMA
04/08/2008, 05:32 PM
Andrey,

Greetings from the Cape. I remember the pain you suffered with your VX (after ripping up the undercarriage in that accident). So sorry Rick was never able to get things right for you. How is the Subaru working out?

Ldub
04/08/2008, 06:23 PM
I'm a former VX owner and memeber of this site. I re-registered to sell an unused hitch I had, but being around the forum again, has made me miss my VX even more than I normally do....

I cut a sunroof in her, installed the light bar, added the side marker indicators, brake light flasher, I even painted the cladding bolts red.. Boy was she sweet..... ;)

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/thumbs/Rideoftheknight.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=10776)

I still get the urge to flash my headlight at VXes I see on the road.... But they would just think I'm some jerk... :p

I can't imagine life without a VX...it's just incomprehensible.

No dis meant to you or others who have moved on, but I would HATE having to drive something that everyone else has.:sighwgray

mrtew
04/11/2008, 06:28 PM
The VX truly is an addiction because it seems that once it gets in your blood it's hard to live without it. I do have one question, though; You actually see other VX's on the road? The only time I get to see another one is when we get together for ZuZoo. That's when I realize just how cool I look going down the road.:rolleyes:

I work as a GM car designer and we have to (get to) drive the competition's cars so we can make ours better (my first exposure to the VX btw) and sometimes I'll be driving SUPER nice cars like BMW750's or AMG E55's etc and I just can't wait to turn it in the next day and get my VX back. It seems so dumb to long for a 7 year old truck when you've got one day in a hundred-thousand-dollar german luxury car but it's true... the VX gets under your skin. By the way, to see how cool you look, just drive by dark plate glass windows and check out your reflection. Or loan your VX to a friend and watch them drive it off and around the corner! :eek:

Andrey
04/11/2008, 08:51 PM
Andrey,

Greetings from the Cape. I remember the pain you suffered with your VX (after ripping up the undercarriage in that accident). So sorry Rick was never able to get things right for you. How is the Subaru working out?

Hi Scott, good to hear from you. Subaru is fine - VERY comfortable for long rides. VERY reasonable on gas. I was averaging close to 25 mpg on my way to Canada recently and it is a MUCH larger vehicle then VX and allwheel drive. I was looking at Proton on ebay recently for 7K but it was in front collision. Still looking - maybe one day will be back here with Proton!

ScottinMA
04/12/2008, 06:15 AM
Hi Scott, good to hear from you. Subaru is fine - VERY comfortable for long rides. VERY reasonable on gas. I was averaging close to 25 mpg on my way to Canada recently and it is a MUCH larger vehicle then VX and allwheel drive. I was looking at Proton on ebay recently for 7K but it was in front collision. Still looking - maybe one day will be back here with Proton!

Excellent! A Proton would be very nice but then any VX is nice. I kinda enjoyed mrtew's commentary about the VX. I do the same thing. I let my son drive it back and forth in front of the house and marvel at how cool this thing is. I've never owned a car that I've enjoyed this long (7 years now) and I can't imagine getting rid of it. In fact, I'm thinking about purchasing some new wheels since the chrome OEM is peeling like crazy and causes my tires to leak. So you gotta find a VX Andrey! Glad to hear you are satisfied with the Subaru.