PDA

View Full Version : Rubicon Trail

crager34
04/08/2008, 06:28 AM
Checking interest in having a few of us go run this trail. I have always wanted to do this one, ever since I bought my first FJ40 Land Cruiser back in the late 80's. I'm thinking maybe August or September.

Anyone want to go?

Todd Adams
04/08/2008, 06:44 AM
I will be there the last weekend of June with some friends including Randii. Right now I am planning on driving my VX. You need to do some research about the trail if you have never done it especially now with all the restrictions. Check out http://treadsmartly.net/Rubicon/rubicon.htm for all the information you need. Also go to the Rubicon Trail section on the Pirate board for up to the minute information on conditions. Keep in mind that you have to plan around events that close the trail off to non participants of events like the Jeep Jamboree.
Oh and how is the lift coming? You will need at least 33’s.

nfpgasmask
04/08/2008, 08:47 AM
The Rubicon isn't far from Reno....maybe we have a meet up?

Bart

ZEUS
04/08/2008, 04:44 PM
Done it twice now! Always in a Jeep though. There are two routes - the old route is pretty technical and time consuming. The granite route is Moab-like and scenic. Both routes are worth the trip! Plan on camping out for the night and don't forget your swim trunks!

TEN36VX
04/08/2008, 10:10 PM
I'm down for it... let me get some skidders and bigger tires real quick.

It's only been done twice in a VX that I know of. One broke a tie rod and the other had minor body damage, as I recall.

I will be there the last weekend of June with some friendsIn your VX? Where at? I'll see if I can work the Basin detail and swing by to say 'hi'.