PDA

View Full Version : Will This Winter Never End ???

Ldub
04/06/2008, 07:53 AM
THE WINTER THAT WOULDN'T DIE...:_snowplow...:sighwgray

I don't mean to complain too much, BUT...:rolleyesg

It was just 52 degrees the other day...:thumbup:

Gave Suzy a bath, put on my summer skins, whistled a happy little tune with visions of Moab dancing through my head...:cool:

TODAY is a whole nuther' story, look out my window this morning to see a light dusting of the white stuff, a few hours later, it's snowing like crazy (4-6 inches predicted) & I feel the need to vent a little...:upsetgray...:upsetgray...:upsetgray

There, I feel a little better, sorry you had to see that.:smilewink

cyronman
04/06/2008, 08:02 AM
print out a bunch of high quality photos of Moab, tape them up on the insides of Suzy's windows, and just sit in her with your heater cranked on high!

:smilegray

Chopper
04/06/2008, 08:51 AM
Want me to post a few pix of the garden to cheer ya up. Fox gloves, roses, Salvia, Pandorra vine...all exploding with blooms. The hummingbirds shopped up two weeks ago. There are systems to the north and south churning up the water...6-7ft. breakers in 3,4,5 sets. Unusually good for central Fla.. Longboards and kite surfers everywhere. The pool is 79 degrees. It's here, and it's headed your way. Dig yer toenails in just a bit longer. Sunny and seventy, any week now:dance::jump::clap:

kodiak
04/06/2008, 08:53 AM
LOL! You live in Fargo isn’t it always winter there? :p

Ldub
04/06/2008, 09:07 AM
print out a bunch of high quality photos of Moab, tape them up on the insides of Suzy's windows, and just sit in her with your heater cranked on high!

:smilegray

That's not a bad idea...If I could convince myself to go outside...:rolleyesg

Want me to post a few pix of the garden to cheer ya up. Fox gloves, roses, Salvia, Pandorra vine...all exploding with blooms. The hummingbirds shopped up two weeks ago. There are systems to the north and south churning up the water...6-7ft. breakers in 3,4,5 sets. Unusually good for central Fla.. Longboards and kite surfers everywhere. The pool is 79 degrees. It's here, and it's headed your way. Dig yer toenails in just a bit longer. Sunny and seventy, any week now:dance::jump::clap:

Sounds like a little slice of heaven...speaking of humming birds, my mother knows a lady who believes that they migrate by riding on the back of Canada Geese...takes all kinds...

LOL! You live in Fargo isn’t it always winter there? :p

NO...we have TWO seasons here...winter & two months of road construction.:dance:

Thanks to all for making my winter doldrums a little more tolerable, I know spring is just around the corner, but I just had the urge to whine a bit this morning.:rolleyesg
Lots of people are WAY worse off than me & they probably complain less...whaddya gonna do...:_confused...guess I could dial whine one one & get the Whaaaaa-mbulance on it's way...:_crying:

Jolly Roger VX'er
04/06/2008, 09:49 AM
yeah, we're finally breaking the winter spell here too...I took the studded snows off my Ram when it was sunny & 45 only to get 4" two days later....still had 280# of sand and the locker so got to work just fine..but, ENOUGH is ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!! Global warming my behind!!!!!!!! But, on the bright side.....when i want to feel warmer I just put on the weather channel and check out what's happening in Fargo! :laughy:

Chopper
04/06/2008, 10:01 AM
[QUOTE=Jolly Roger VX'er;123103.when i want to feel warmer I just put on the weather channel and check out what's happening in Fargo! :laughy:[/QUOTE] That's what I do around September when I'm on my fifth straight month of 92/78 and am anticipating those wonderful 78 degree November days, and 50 degree nights

Ldub
04/06/2008, 10:11 AM
yeah, we're finally breaking the winter spell here too...I took the studded snows off my Ram when it was sunny & 45 only to get 4" two days later....still had 280# of sand and the locker so got to work just fine..but, ENOUGH is ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!! Global warming my behind!!!!!!!! But, on the bright side.....when i want to feel warmer I just put on the weather channel and check out what's happening in Fargo! :laughy:

That's what I do around September when I'm on my fifth straight month of 92/78 and am anticipating those wonderful 78 degree November days, and 50 degree nights

LOL, that's what I do too...the only difference being, I punch up the weather for Winnepeg & see what Kenny is getting.:rotate:

Here's a pic, as of noon...you can see there was no snow on the ground as of last night.:rolleyesg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/00_APRIL_6_SNOW.JPG

D-19
04/06/2008, 10:13 AM
I always thought snow was a blessing for a VX :)

MSHardeman
04/06/2008, 10:14 AM
Dub,
I'm right there with ya. We have had the longest, darkest, coldest winter that anyone around here can remember (what happened to global warming). We ususally get over 300 days of sunshine here in Colorado, but I don't think that we've seen the sun since October so we're a little low on our quota. It was up in the mid-fifties last week, and I was breaking out the road bike and getting ready. Yesterday and today it's overcast and in the upper thirties. No snow, but some rain (which is worse to me).
I've got all kinds of stuff to do to the VX before Moab, and even though I have a garage it's hard to get motivated to go hang out down there without the door open.
Like you said, spring is just around the corner.:luck:

Ldub
04/06/2008, 10:23 AM
I always thought snow was a blessing for a VX :)

IT'S GETTIN' A LITTLE OLD...:upsetgray...:_snowplow...:sighgray:

But yeah, I plan on goin' out later to play with the "amatures"...:laughing:...:_steering...:cool:

Ldub
04/06/2008, 10:24 AM
Dub,
I'm right there with ya. We have had the longest, darkest, coldest winter that anyone around here can remember (what happened to global warming). We ususally get over 300 days of sunshine here in Colorado, but I don't think that we've seen the sun since October so we're a little low on our quota. It was up in the mid-fifties last week, and I was breaking out the road bike and getting ready. Yesterday and today it's overcast and in the upper thirties. No snow, but some rain (which is worse to me).
I've got all kinds of stuff to do to the VX before Moab, and even though I have a garage it's hard to get motivated to go hang out down there without the door open.
Like you said, spring is just around the corner.:luck:

Yeah...where IS algore when we need him ?

Chopper
04/06/2008, 01:26 PM
Melt the ice,you put a bunch o water in the air...it comes down as more snow...reflects more light...stuff gets cooler....ice age! Pretty much how the old models/thinking go

rowhard
04/06/2008, 02:38 PM
Dub,
Yesterday and today it's overcast and in the upper thirties. No snow, but some rain (which is worse to me).

Don't think you would like Washington then. Here it starts raining about October and pretty much stays that way till May, BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHOVEL IT!

etlsport
04/06/2008, 05:00 PM
i envy you! i live in philly.. we should get winter.. but ive seen less than 2 inches of snow this year! i havent worn a jacket in like 2-3 weeks:cryb:

pbkid
04/06/2008, 05:10 PM
ldub, i was gonna wonder why you were complaining....just think about all those people driving 2wd hondas and trucks that cant even get out to do anything....then you should be happy you have TOD....
just my 2 cents...i always get happy when it snows here, that means i get to go show off in the VX by pulling all of the camaros, hondas, jeeps, trucks, vans, station wagons, 350z's, etc. out of the ditches....and all i have to do is put it in low4wd, and let off the brake :bwgy:

Ldub
04/06/2008, 05:31 PM
ldub, i was gonna wonder why you were complaining....just think about all those people driving 2wd hondas and trucks that cant even get out to do anything....then you should be happy you have TOD....
just my 2 cents...i always get happy when it snows here, that means i get to go show off in the VX by pulling all of the camaros, hondas, jeeps, trucks, vans, station wagons, 350z's, etc. out of the ditches....and all i have to do is put it in low4wd, and let off the brake :bwgy:

I would refer you to post #11, my good man...:smilewink

nfpgasmask
04/06/2008, 07:13 PM

:laughing: - This is just so Moab is that much sweeter!

Bart

PS - Jeans and a T-shirt all day for me today! :gring:

WormGod
04/07/2008, 08:06 AM
LOL, that's what I do too...the only difference being, I punch up the weather for Winnepeg & see what Kenny is getting.:rotate:

Here's a pic, as of noon...you can see there was no snow on the ground as of last night.:rolleyesg

Well, you *DO* live in Fargo.... yah? ;)

I feel your pain. We were in the 70's a couple days last week and then it dropped back down to upper 30's/low 40's. Today is a chilly, breezy 44 with light rain. Total suck.

Triathlete
04/07/2008, 08:35 AM
Maybe they should change the name from Fargo to GoFar away! It has been in the mid to upper 80's here for the past couple of months. I've got a tan already...okay, winter is so short here you never really lose it!

nfpgasmask
04/07/2008, 08:51 AM
Yeah...where IS algore when we need him ?

QUOOOONNE!

http://www.myfungraphics.com/images/south-park/al-gore-is-manbearpig.jpg

Zorak
04/10/2008, 05:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwjgZQvQZf0&feature=related

Looks like a couple of them thought they could stop their car by opening the door and dragging their foot, a la Fred Flintstone?:laughp::laugho::laughb:

Ldub
04/25/2008, 10:18 PM
This is really getting old...yeah, around the tenth of April I was tired of winter, yet not THAT surprised to see snow...:rolleyesg

Now, on the 25th, after a taste of 60-70 deg. weather...more snow ??? :_snowplow

OK, that's ENOUGH!!!

About 3-5" on the ground just after midnight...:disturbed

Triathlete
04/25/2008, 10:35 PM
No snow here...

...but the dirt is really deep!:bwgy:
86 sunny degrees today and near 90 this weekend!

Triathlete
04/25/2008, 10:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwjgZQvQZf0&feature=related

Looks like a couple of them thought they could stop their car by opening the door and dragging their foot, a la Fred Flintstone?:laughp::laugho::laughb:

Gotta love the fire truck coming down the road...

...sideways!:eek:

Kenny
04/25/2008, 11:33 PM
This is really getting old...yeah, around the tenth of April I was tired of winter, yet not THAT surprised to see snow...:rolleyesg

Now, on the 25th, after a taste of 60-70 deg. weather...more snow :_snowplow ???

OK, that's ENOUGH!!!

About 3-5" on the ground just after midnight...:disturbed

ya, WTMFH??!! 4" of snow??? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Last week I was in shorts working in the yard. ???

Jolly Roger VX'er
04/26/2008, 08:33 AM
:p

In shorts right now wiring up my light bar :bwgy:

However, when I left work on Friday....I did here the dirty little "snow" word mentioned....:eek:

Ldub
04/26/2008, 08:41 AM
:p

In shorts right now wiring up my light bar :bwgy:

However, when I left work on Friday....I did here the dirty little "snow" word mentioned....:eek:

Oh wait...here, let me just open up this fresh wound & then you pour the whole shaker of salt in...OK ?:rolleyesg

There, that's MUCH better...:smilewink

Remind me to blind you in Moab, with my sun deprived legs.:cool:...:razzgray:

snowtrooper1966
05/22/2008, 12:02 PM
LDub, it May never end....
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/sno2.JPG

Now the Dragon really belongs in the snow!
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/sno.JPG

Best,
James

Triathlete
05/22/2008, 12:06 PM
Don't know what you guys are talking about...100 degrees + here!:eek:

nfpgasmask
05/22/2008, 01:06 PM
LDub, it May never end....
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/sno2.JPG

Now the Dragon really belongs in the snow!
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/sno.JPG

Best,
James

I guess that Mammoth Lakes camping trip is STILL on hold for a tick.

Bart

MSHardeman
05/22/2008, 01:18 PM
We're getting snow/rain here in the Aspen valley too. I think we might get into the low 40's for a high today.

Global warming my arse....

snowtrooper1966
05/22/2008, 01:22 PM
Not too long, Bart!
Snowtrooper Jr and I were exploring the trails yesterday. We were both wearing shorts. No one was expecting this storm, but it may be here for the weekend.
James

LittleBeast
05/22/2008, 01:26 PM
Everything is cyclical, we have been at 95+ for this whole week now.

snowtrooper1966
05/22/2008, 01:32 PM
95? Yikes!:eek:
That's why I live in the mountains!
James

nfpgasmask
05/22/2008, 03:04 PM
Not too long, Bart!
Snowtrooper Jr and I were exploring the trails yesterday. We were both wearing shorts. No one was expecting this storm, but it may be here for the weekend.
James

After the Moab trip all I want to do is get back outside and off the pavement.

Bart

snowtrooper1966
05/22/2008, 03:15 PM
I was gonna say, I thought you would want a break! But after the boy and I went wheeling yesterday, we were planning on going back out today, so I do understand!
James

nfpgasmask
05/22/2008, 03:27 PM
I was gonna say, I thought you would want a break! But after the boy and I went wheeling yesterday, we were planning on going back out today, so I do understand!
James

Hell no! I don't ever want to work another day of my life!! :( Too bad NV doesn't have a lotto. Its my only hope! :)

Bart

CrnCnn
05/22/2008, 03:51 PM
Hell no! I don't ever want to work another day of my life!! :( Too bad NV doesn't have a lotto. Its my only hope! :)

Bart

Bart you could just head over to Cali and get a Lotto ticket. Lots of people do it.

nfpgasmask
05/22/2008, 03:52 PM
Bart you could just head over to Cali and get a Lotto ticket. Lots of people do it.

I know, but gas is pretty much too expensive for 1 in a 5 million odds. :)

Bart

CrnCnn
05/22/2008, 04:01 PM
I know, but gas is pretty much too expensive for 1 in a 5 million odds. :)

Bart

Well then just throw in your 3 dollars at the Mega bucks.

snowtrooper1966
05/23/2008, 07:55 AM
Greetings!
Anoher few inches this AM.....

:_snowplow

Best,
James

Ldub
05/23/2008, 02:57 PM
Greetings!
Anoher few inches this AM.....

Best,
James

Dayum...I thought we had it bad...:sighwgray
The snow was gone before I left for Moab, but the rainy/windy weather replaced it.
By the time I returned earlier this week, the sun was shining, the birds was-a-chirpin' & the trees now have leaves on them...what a difference a week or two can make.
Hang in there, it'll come.:thumbup:

circmand
05/23/2008, 03:19 PM
Heck we got to 115 degrees last weekend but no snow.

snowtrooper1966
05/23/2008, 04:17 PM
Ldub,
It was close to an unseaonable 80 degrees last week, then this.....
I am sure this is old man winter's last gasp.
Best,

snowtrooper1966
05/24/2008, 12:43 PM
And a very long gasp it is...
Day three of constant light snowfall!
Best,

mdwyer
05/25/2008, 07:16 PM
We're getting snow/rain here in the Aspen valley too. I think we might get into the low 40's for a high today.

Global warming my arse....

You'll have to tell me when things thaw out up in your area a little more. I've got a spot of land at 11,500ft SE of Leadville. Last year, I could ALMOST make it on memorial day weekend. This year, I saw the pictures from Independence Pass and kind of figured there was no way in hell I was going to be able to get up there.

It's killing me, too! I *neeeeed* to get outside again!

snowtrooper1966
05/25/2008, 07:26 PM
Day 4 of constant snow. Probably got a foot in the last 24 hours...
Best,

snowtrooper1966
05/27/2008, 12:00 PM
We got a break yesterday, but it's back to snow again today!
Snow 5 of the past 6 days for anyone keeping score....
Best,

cyronman
05/27/2008, 03:07 PM
Don't worry James,

you'll be shopping for flip flops down here in a couple days!

:)

snowtrooper1966
05/27/2008, 04:45 PM
I hear that!
I actually love the snow, that's why I moved up here in the first place. And I wear my flips and shorts all winter long. Always getting comments I must be from the north pole...
Best,