PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Johnny108
04/04/2008, 10:56 AM
Hello all,
I was wanting to know about any VX problems mechanically that I might encounter. You see I have been a Ford fan forever. Until recently I had a supercrew 9in lift 37 in tires 4x4. Loved it. Now I am into VX. One for me and one for my wife. She gave me permission to customize them both. First I want to lift them. Are there 4in lifts or just 3in lifts? The ones i know of are Calmini and OME. Who else is there and what should I know? Thanks all really.

JoFotoz
04/04/2008, 11:03 AM
Hi Johnny.....I see youre in San Diego.

Why not join us tomorrow for our San Diego VX Mini Meet (see the thread here)...

..you can get a bunch of your questions answered , and see a few stock & lifted VX's.

I think we will have 4 or 5 turning up...

Jo

Johnny108
04/04/2008, 11:08 AM
yeah I saw your thread and posted to it. i was hoping for an invite. Thanks bro. It looks confusing, when and where are you all meeting?

JoFotoz
04/04/2008, 11:18 AM
We are meeting at Stu Segals "Studio Dinner" on Ruffin Road at 12-12:30 ish.

If ya like...send me your Tel# and I'll call you in the morning with a time update...

jo

MashyMan
04/04/2008, 11:34 AM
Hello Johnny108,
Welcome to the obsessive affliction. I'm new as well. I recommend using the search feature on the right of the screen. This has been useful to me...I've learned more about these cars in 9 days than I have in 9 years.;Dr;
It's cool to see another San Diego VXer.
Hope see you at the meet tomorrow! :biggringr

tom4bren
04/07/2008, 08:15 AM
I wouldn't recommend lifting more than 3". The CVs won't tolerate more than that unless you get creative to lessen the drive shaft angles.