PDA

View Full Version : Back ordered with Merlin

tom4bren
04/02/2008, 01:35 PM
I ordered a replacement tail light from Merlin & he told me it was back ordered. He indicated that if I give him the VIN it will speed up the process (puts you on a customer care list).

I only mention this to inform you to have your VIN handy when you call Merlin for parts. I didn't & now I have to call him back with the info.

VXIRONwoMAN
04/02/2008, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

For those of you who don't know, when you call Merlin mention VX.info, he gives an additional discount and no shipping charges.

Dumke
04/02/2008, 06:10 PM
I ordered a replacement tail light from Merlin & he told me it was back ordered. He indicated that if I give him the VIN it will speed up the process (puts you on a customer care list).

I only mention this to inform you to have your VIN handy when you call Merlin for parts. I didn't & now I have to call him back with the info.

LOL I ordered mine in december and got it sometime last month. SO much for 6 weeks lol. Good luck man. Glad I got it. Should have ordered 2 more just in case.

VCrossfan
04/02/2008, 08:00 PM
Merlin is the man. I just ordered 4 spare tire panel red knobs (I only needed 1) but with the 15% discount I got they were less than $2 ea and free shipping (cheap extra's) . The last serveral times I've ordered thru him he's mentioned I'm entitled to a 15% discount. I do think is has to do with the VX vin # from the past ordering, I've never thought about it I just say niiiiice and Thanks Merlin...

Dumke
04/02/2008, 08:03 PM
Merlin is the man. I just ordered 4 spare tire panel red knobs (I only needed 1) but with the 15% discount I got they were less than $2 ea and free shipping (cheap extra's) . The last serveral times I've ordered thru him he's mentioned I'm entitled to a 15% discount. I do think is has to do with the VX vin # from the past ordering, I've never thought about it I just say niiiiice and Thanks Merlin...

Good luck with red I got grey. He should have told you he cant guarantee color. I said red he said they should be red so I guess lucky I ordered 4 instead of one..

LOL man I sound like I am raining on everyones parade. I will stop now.

Anita
04/02/2008, 10:19 PM
Merlin or anyone for that matter can push you closer to the front of the line by including your vin # with the order. It's called something like an "off-road" preference. Meaning that you are unable to drive the truck on the road until the part is replaced.

VCrossfan
04/03/2008, 08:38 AM
Good luck with red I got grey. He should have told you he cant guarantee color. I said red he said they should be red so I guess lucky I ordered 4 instead of one..

LOL man I sound like I am raining on everyones parade. I will stop now.

Dumke...That's the reason I ordered four...Merlin felt bad he couldn't promise they they would be red..so for a buck and change apiece I went with four due to if they came gray I would use all four and have 3 spare red's..

Solitude
04/07/2008, 05:15 PM
I think most of them are red anymore.. if you get some gray ones.. I will buy them off ya.

I'll even pick them up so you won't have to hassle with mailing.. there is a post in here somewhere about inserting 1/2 in dowl rods into them to keep them from breaking again

tom4bren
04/10/2008, 10:55 AM
Got my new tail light from Merlin yesterday. I didn't realize that it came with a new wiring harness for the assembly. Don't need it so let me know if anyone does (maybe for playing with an LED conversion or something).