PDA

View Full Version : Rhinoplasty

vxDAKINECHICvx
03/31/2008, 01:11 PM
Yep, after 3 excrutiating breaks (including a friend breaking it back on one of the occasions), a deviated septum, and problems with the ole' sinuses, it is my time to get a nose job. Next tuesday to be exact with the date, so all whom would like to get me presents....I'm still in need of a roof rack. HA! Just joking.

Much love!
Liz

VX crazy
03/31/2008, 01:41 PM
One of those 'occasions'?????? Dang girl! Post before and after photos, I want mine done too, but mine was just a boring car accident, I may change the story for grins though....

cyronman
03/31/2008, 03:01 PM
what the heck do you do that you break your face 3 times?!?!?

Good Luck!

Chopper
03/31/2008, 03:39 PM
You goin' for the little, turn-up, pug number, or the thin, Nordic schnoz? Just don't get the Sarah Jessica Parker, or the whats-her-name Michele Geller:eek::eek:

Ldub
03/31/2008, 03:48 PM
See if they have a Jimmy Durante left in stock...
Guaranteed to get ya noticed everywhere you go.:smilewink

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/001jimmy_D.png

vxDAKINECHICvx
03/31/2008, 04:37 PM
Snowboarding and mountain biking. I need to try to be a little more careful. ;)
I will post pics....it just may be a while as the healing is kinda long and drawn out. :eek:

MSHardeman
03/31/2008, 04:47 PM
Gotta love a woman whose not afraid to get out there and tear it (and apparently herself) up on a board or a mountain bike. SWEET!!:thumbup:

You should come to Moab during the ZuZoo for a little mountain biking. I plan on getting some two wheeled miles in, and I think Billy (Tri) is up for it too.

Let us know what kind of presents to send; other than the roof rack. How about one of those face guards like the guys in the NBA wear?

Ascinder
03/31/2008, 05:38 PM
Here's a present we can get you;):

http://www.southernswords.co.uk/hg-norman-3.JPG

tom4bren
04/01/2008, 04:16 AM
Good luck with the operation. Never been through it myself but my twin bro's wife had it done. From what I can remember, the recovery isn't too bad. Fingers crossed & prayers sent.

What's going on with this family lately. VX owners are spending more time in hospital & recovery than they do driving their beloved toys.:confused:

ZEUS
04/01/2008, 08:32 AM
Damn, Schnoz! :rolleyes: It sounds like you have all the right connections to get the job done though. Is it going to be an in-house job?

ZEUS
04/01/2008, 08:33 AM
Good luck with the operation. Never been through it myself but my twin bro's wife had it done.Ah crap, you're saying there are two of you out there?!

tom4bren
04/01/2008, 08:55 AM
Scarey thought - ain't it? Fraternal tho. Opposite as night & day ... he's tall, good looking ... :)

vxDAKINECHICvx
04/15/2008, 12:17 PM
I'm back!

DEAR GOD.....NEVER EVER EVER decide to do this. EVER. Surgery wasn't bad, recovery-awful, taking the splints out yesterday-PAINFUL! :(

My doctor was awesome, one of the best in the state, totally nice and did a FANTASTIC JOB!.....but it's a pretty rough recovery patch. Had to sleep sitting up for a week, can't use your nose to breath-was short of breath quite a few times while eating or talking. I'm not a mouth breather, but thats how ya have to do it for a while. Ugh. You take your nose for granted, believe me! Couldn't see for 2 1/2 days as they put 'stuff' in your eyes. Basically 3 out of my 5 senses...GONE for some time. Now the splint is off and the enormous stents they left up in there were removed yesterday and OWWW! Felt like he was pulling out my brains through my sinues and down and out my nostrils. He was not my friend yesterday! Still having swelling, but looks amazing. Cried a bit last night though as seeing myself for the first time a little different is a huge shocker. Would I do it again....not if the recovery were the same. But maybe....as I feel real pretty!

etlsport
04/15/2008, 12:21 PM
glad to hear your almost back to normal (for you.. ;Db;) glad your happy with the results.. just think in like a year.. you wont even remember what it felt like so itll be definitely worth it.. just stop falling down!

ZEUS
04/15/2008, 12:25 PM
I'm back!

DEAR GOD.....NEVER EVER EVER decide to do this. EVER. Surgery wasn't bad, recovery-awful, taking the splints out yesterday-PAINFUL! :(

My doctor was awesome, one of the best in the state, totally nice and did a FANTASTIC JOB!.....but it's a pretty rough recovery patch. Had to sleep sitting up for a week, can't use your nose to breath-was short of breath quite a few times while eating or talking. I'm not a mouth breather, but thats how ya have to do it for a while. Ugh. You take your nose for granted, believe me! Couldn't see for 2 1/2 days as they put 'stuff' in your eyes. Basically 3 out of my 5 senses...GONE for some time. Now the splint is off and the enormous stents they left up in there were removed yesterday and OWWW! Felt like he was pulling out my brains through my sinues and down and out my nostrils. He was not my friend yesterday! Still having swelling, but looks amazing. Cried a bit last night though as seeing myself for the first time a little different is a huge shocker. Would I do it again....not if the recovery were the same. But maybe....as I feel real pretty!PICS!!! Glad you are alright. Got the new Lexus to match your new nose yet?

tomdietrying
04/15/2008, 12:25 PM
VX Chic,
Glad you doing better. I was wondering how that went.

Sooooooooo are you coming to Moab to show off your new nose. It's only a hop, skip, and a jump from where you are. Come out for one day...what do ya say?
Peace.
Tom

VXIRONwoMAN
04/15/2008, 01:10 PM
I hear what you're saying about all the pain!! Never had my nose done but my jaw's killing me! Not so much now, but it was. I hope it turns out to be everything you hoped for and that you feel better ASAP. So do we get to see ya in Moab??? ;)

crager34
04/15/2008, 03:05 PM
It's just another nose job without pics. :p

Glad your better.

vxDAKINECHICvx
04/15/2008, 09:52 PM
Okay, as for pictures, I would like the swelling to go down a bit before I post the 'after' pic....but here is what I looked like before. Guess I'm getting ahead of myself....Ahh well.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/Eating_for_bday.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=10864)

JHarris1385
04/16/2008, 07:35 AM
Yup I could tell by looking that your septum needed work.
Make sure to apply pressure daily to allow the cartlidge to form near the bone stucture rather than past. This is done by squeezing the flanges that are opposite of the bone on both sides, hold for about a minute and I would do this once an hour at least. I hope they told you this simple task.

WormGod
04/17/2008, 08:02 AM
Good to hear everything went well.

This is highly recommended.... even for simple landscaping and household chores....

http://www.247hockey.com/prod_images_large/1201.jpg

BE CAREFUL FROM NOW ON WOMAN! DAMN! :p

My mom, who turns 60 this year, has been debating getting a full facial rejuvination. Since my dad passed away 7 years ago, she kinda nose dived there for a bit and really started to show her age. She always looked great for her age (I think she still does, but she disagrees). She was a model way back when I was a kiddie, which explains my most excellent looks :p . So I can kinda understand her self image thoughts. I like her the way she is and always was, but, it is her decision. So, until she truly decides, it is my duty to just keep reminding her of the nightmare called "recovery", so you hear about in just about every case.