PDA

View Full Version : got a ticket:(

etlsport
03/29/2008, 02:30 PM
a parking ticket that is.. crashed at a friends apartment on the parkway in Philly and got a $26 ticket (the ticket was written at 7am so it was well worth sleeping in)

i thought it was funny though under make and model it said

Make: Jeep
Model : --

;Db; i considered telling them they must have had the wrong car since mine was an isuzu but they had my plates too haha

rowhard
03/29/2008, 02:44 PM
parking tickets at 7 am on a saturday, that sucks big time. What, were you parked perpendicular on the freeway or something?

etlsport
03/29/2008, 03:04 PM
heh nope just parallel parked in a city way too strict about parking:cryb:

Pepino
03/29/2008, 03:05 PM
i have probably spent 1000 dollars on parking tickets since september last year, i dont have an american driving license and they said i needed one to get a night parking permit so basically 3 nights a week a got a 15 dollar ticket, but i found out what they told me wasnt true so i dont get tickets anymore

VXIRONwoMAN
03/29/2008, 03:05 PM
What was the ticket for??? Ran out of time on a meter or somethin'? You should change your plates when you park that way you can get away with it. It's their fault for being ignorant. ;) I got a ticket for parking in a "red zone", even though the red zone started 8' behind my VX! I fought the ticket and won. Some people are just dumb.

etlsport
03/29/2008, 03:15 PM
i slept over at my friends place, parked there about 1am, no spots in the lot for her building so i parked on the main road with meters.. the metering started at 7am and i wasnt about to wake up to feed the stupid meter so yea it was for an expired meter

VXIRONwoMAN
03/29/2008, 03:18 PM
Lame!

Ldub
03/30/2008, 04:41 AM
There have recently been some changes to local laws that make it more difficult for the local PD to collect revenue...their solution?, ticket EVERYTHING.
A friend of a friend just got a ticket for 4 over, that's right, 34 in a 30.:rolleyesg

cyronman
03/30/2008, 08:17 AM
There have recently been some changes to local laws that make it more difficult for the local PD to collect revenue...their solution?, ticket EVERYTHING.
A friend of a friend just got a ticket for 4 over, that's right, 34 in a 30.:rolleyesg

My stepdad in NorCal got a 36 in a 35 last year :eek:.

What's refreshing is the judge actually laughed at it and dropped it!

Gussie2000
03/30/2008, 11:49 AM
i slept over at my friends place, parked there about 1am, no spots in the lot for her building so i parked on the main road with meters.. the metering started at 7am and i wasnt about to wake up to feed the stupid meter so yea it was for an expired meter

Penn is well known as NY as ticket states.
Here in NYC those mother fu.... traffic enforcement agents actually awaits for long periods of times for any expired meters so they don't walk to patrol their assigned areas.
I had two years ago one of those agent fired because 90% of the tickets i had issued to my cars were written by this assho...,so i design an plan.

Had my handycam aimming at the street where i used to park my car & eventually the cam caught her sitting around for for than 45 minutes until the NO PARKING FROM 9:00 am to 4:00 pm was in force.

When i show up with the video at the hearing room & played the agent was off the hook as same the judge when they look at it.
The judge had the agent suspended & finally remove from the force

! Yeah i did it ! :p