PDA

View Full Version : manal for oz imported vx

VX-157
03/25/2008, 11:52 PM
Hi all, I was hoping there is a aussie driver of a 99 vx on this forum. My problem is this.

I am having troubles with the air con / heater. it only comes on at high setting on the switch. i have followed the advice on this forum for checking: fuse > relay > blower > resiter. (all appear to be working fine) i have yet to check the body earth to blower / resiter test. (as recommend in the manual)

I am thinking it may be a in dash switch problem but the manual i have down loaded from this site is for a left hand drive model. My model has a completly different dash set up then shown on the downloaded manual and is a right hand drive model.

Does anyone have a manual for the oz imported vx? can i buy a paper copy some where?

also is someone able to post a picture of their resiter that is hidden behind the glove box? i want to double check i am looking at the right part :o

please any help is going to be great, winter is coming and i need the bloody heater :eek:

edit
I went to our local holden dealer and asked to see if the reister would match that off a rodeo but it did not. my (and if i have the part correct) is a 3 pin. the one he showed me was a 6 pin (at least i think it was a 6 pin, been a long day)

perhaps i should have looked at a reister from a trooper?

johnnyapollo
03/26/2008, 02:50 AM
As far as I know the right-hand-drivers came with a Japanese manual, plus the differences between the JDM and US technical manuals would also be in Japanese (there were many more JDM manuals and the prices were pretty outrageous - seems the expectation there was for the dealers to have them and not the end consumers). In the US there are two different climate controls - the VX transitioned during the 2000 model year - so even the electrical troubleshooting manuals came in two versions here (different wiring harnesses). Since a completely different harness was used in the JDM version, I'm not surprised there would be differences between the switches and other components as well.

Most of the switches are interchangeable between the VX and US Rodeo models from about the same years - the same is not true with the VX and Trooper models. I'm not sure how much luck you'll have going that route. It's been my experience that the Isuzu switches rarely go bad, however I'm assuming the toggle-type and not rotary/multi-position slider (not sure which is in your VX?). Have you referenced the electrical troubleshooting manual offered on VX.info?

-- John