PDA

View Full Version : The True Story about the REAL "VX"!!!!

johnnyapollo
03/24/2008, 11:32 AM
Next time someone asks you "What's VX?":

http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=945#more-945

-- John

don moore
03/24/2008, 12:12 PM
So remember dont mess with my VX.....:p

tom4bren
03/24/2008, 12:15 PM
Makes you want to go watch 'The Rock' again.

nfpgasmask
03/24/2008, 02:43 PM
"VXGAS" was another option for my personalized plates. It goes along perfectly with my username and the VX. Needless to say, I have done a lot of research in the area of NBC defence, and VX is one of the nastiest nerve agents ever. I have seen some unclassified military footage of VX being tested on sheep. Its freakin scary stuff...

Bart

nfpgasmask
03/24/2008, 02:43 PM
Makes you want to go watch 'The Rock' again.

Man, that movie is awful...

Bart

tom4bren
03/24/2008, 03:21 PM
HMMM. I would have said bearable but not great. It was just the only movie I could remember that dealt with VX.:)

nfpgasmask
03/24/2008, 03:27 PM
HMMM. I would have said bearable but not great. It was just the only movie I could remember that dealt with VX.:)

Yeah, sorry. I am just avidly opposed to anything Michael Bay related. IMHO, he is hands down the worst director EVER.

:) Bart

WyrreJ
03/27/2008, 12:03 PM
Oh come on! Sometimes you just want to see stuff blow up. Michael Bay is great for that!

Anyone seen the verizon fios commercial with him? Its hilarious.

Uwe Boll, now that guy is the worst director ever!

nfpgasmask
03/27/2008, 01:59 PM
Oh come on! Sometimes you just want to see stuff blow up. Michael Bay is great for that!

Anyone seen the verizon fios commercial with him? Its hilarious.

Uwe Boll, now that guy is the worst director ever!

See, I'm all for stuff getting blown up, but Michael Bay is the king of spoon-fed Hollywood trash. Sorry, I just can't stand his films. In fact, I find them insulting to watch. Transformers was only tolerable because of the subject matter and good special f/x, otherwise it was the same Michael Bay crap. There is a fine line between good cheese (Commando) and bad cheese (everything Michael Bay). Roland Emmerich is also *quite* adept at making the same sort of horrid Hollywood rubbish. Sorry, I can get pretty emotional about movies.

tom4bren
03/31/2008, 08:07 AM
"Yeah, sorry. I am just avidly opposed to anything Michael Bay related. IMHO, he is hands down the worst director EVER."

Maybe that's my problem. I never pay ANY attention to the director. I usually watch a film (or not) based on the actors. Sean Connery & Nicolas Cage both rank high on the list for both wifey & me.

nfpgasmask
03/31/2008, 10:40 AM
"Yeah, sorry. I am just avidly opposed to anything Michael Bay related. IMHO, he is hands down the worst director EVER."

Maybe that's my problem. I never pay ANY attention to the director. I usually watch a film (or not) based on the actors. Sean Connery & Nicolas Cage both rank high on the list for both wifey & me.

And that is one of my major problems with The Rock, even with a great cast, that film was hopeless. I don't care who you are, but when you have a $|-|IT@55 script, nothing and noone can save a film. I watch A LOT of movies, and I have seen my fair share of "bad" movies, but typically, I have no problem sitting through until the end. The Rock is one of the few movies I actually turned off before the end, it was that bad. If you have the budget and the cast, there is no reason to make trash like this. Like I said before, his movies are insulting. You basically feel like he is saying to the audience, "I know you are dumb, so I know I can just do this and you won't even care or notice, and I just want to make a quick, Hollywood summer blockbuster so I can go by another house. So eat up my fellow idiot Americans, eat up!"

I like movies that make you think. Movies that move you in one way or another. After a Michael Bay flick, you just walk away and never think about it again.

I started paying attention to directors more once I got Netflix. I would see a movie that I liked, and then que up all the films by that director. In many cases it has paid off with a multitude of excellent movie experiences. And while directors typically get all the credit, there are certainly directors who make some good movies and some not so good, and the good ones are usually a result of great screen writers, f/x teams and of course the cast. Then there are directors that are consistently awesome and those that consistently suck (Mr. Bay being one of those that sucks).