PDA

View Full Version : Moab?

Chopper
03/22/2008, 06:14 AM
At least it got to the discussion stage. We were talking about it last night...when, how long, how much etc.. The biggest problem is leaving work (my last time off, that didn't involve a hospital, was in 1997) and all the animals(I've a small zoo). She won't be comming, so it'll be a solo effort. I'm cool with a tent and a case of beer, so lodging isn't an issue. I have the tow (a F250) and two car race trailer...you didn't think I'd put all those miles on 0177 did you? All that's left is the sacrificial vehicle...the one to be bounced, banged, rolled, smashed, destroyed, and abandoned in Utah. I've seen the pictures, and I know how I play....I WON'T be doing that to 0177 either. Time is running out, so '08 may be a stretch...but at least I'm moving. Look forward to throwing down with Dub, Mask, and all the rest of you "snow people" P.S. Bet y'all talk funny:p Damn it's late....I gotta go to work.

Ldub
03/22/2008, 06:21 AM
Ya don't have to "represent" in a VX your first time out ya know...

Just throwin' out an option...rent a Jeep.:thumbup:

CHAAAAAAAPAHHHHH...come out to PLAYY-EE-AAAY...:naughty:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/943bf0cb.jpg

Jolly Roger VX'er
03/22/2008, 06:30 AM
Hey Chopper....I was always hesitant to go over the years 'cause #1) I barely got any stone-chips (I think two...and that was before I bought the front-end bra 1 week after diving into 5.5 yrs of debt!) on my baby let alone rock-rash! But, with some precautions (bought used skid plates) I trust they'll take it easy on us newbies...what the heck! #2) I didn't have enough vacation time in the past & have never been any further West than Ohio.

Just do it Chopper! Besides..I need another newb for them to pick on! :rolleyes:

Ldub
03/22/2008, 06:39 AM
No worries about gettin' picked on...very few, if any, of our little band of merry men & women have ever forgot the fact that they were once noobs too.
My first time was made most enjoyable by all those that had been down the trail before me.:cool:

CrnCnn
03/22/2008, 01:29 PM
Just do it Chopper! Besides..I need another newb for them to pick on! :rolleyes:

Me too. Beau(Ascinder) will be a first timer to Moab also, pretty sure.

snowtrooper1966
03/22/2008, 01:38 PM
Hey, Chop!
Wish this "snow people" was able to attend, but previous engagements make it impossible this season.
Just think, if you do go this year, you can pick on ME next season!!!!
James

MSHardeman
03/22/2008, 04:20 PM
Chopper,

I understand about wanting to play hard, so I could see renting/ buying/ bringing something to trash, but I wouldn't worry too much about banging up 0177. This will be my third trip out to Moab, and I haven't gotten a scratch on Vicky yet (knock on wood). Heck, I haven't even gotten the Moab kiss on my tail pipe yet. I drive like a grandmother out for a Sunday drive in Moab so if you stay behind me you will be sure not to mark up your baby. It's always fun to see what the VX's are capable of, but even just getting out there to hang out with a bunch of other people with the same sickness as you is a ton of fun.

Triathlete
03/22/2008, 04:38 PM
and you can always opt to ride along with one of us "crazies" on the harder trails. There is always an open seat...just be prepared to man the cameras!:cool:

etlsport
03/22/2008, 06:41 PM
2 car trailer eh? wanna throw my vx in the back of it ;Db;

nfpgasmask
03/22/2008, 08:07 PM
All right, Chopper, now listen here, the seed is planted, so you best be making the trip. You don't need to thrash your VX just because you're in Moab either, I mean, there will be enough of that with Billy and Ldub there anyway, :bwgy:. I plan on doing the VX run and possibly one other, because I too value my VX highly, and would never put it in unnecessary peril.

Anyway, just do it man! I really don't know if Moab 09 will happen for me, since we really want to go to Japan next year, so you may never get a chance to meet the infamous, insidious, notorious NFPGASMASK if you don't make Moab 08!

:) Bart

nfpgasmask
03/22/2008, 08:10 PM
I drive like a grandmother out for a Sunday drive in Moab so if you stay behind me you will be sure not to mark up your baby.

LOL, that's exactly what I did last year!! Thanks, Mark!

:)

Bart

nfpgasmask
03/22/2008, 08:11 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/943bf0cb.jpg

Is that from The Warriors? Cool flick...

Bart

Ldub
03/22/2008, 08:15 PM
Is that from The Warriors? Cool flick...

Bart

Right you are Sir !:cool:

nfpgasmask
03/22/2008, 08:18 PM
Right you are Sir !:cool:

I like him much better as "Sully" in Commando. There are a couple scenes with him that crack me up.....well, Commando cracks me up in general. I think that movie has the *BEST* cheesey one liners of all time...

Oh, and by the way Chopper, I WILL see you in Moab.

:) Bart

tomdietrying
03/22/2008, 09:11 PM
Chopper,
Do it....Do it......Do it.

You have to remember two things. First,a stock VX can go through 3.5 trails in Moab without a problem. Most trails have an alternate route if there is something too hairy. Second, Everyone that goes to Moab uses their VX as a daily ride. No one wants anything to happen to their baby so caution is always taken.
Peace.
Tom

Triathlete
03/22/2008, 09:19 PM
Chopper,
No one wants anything to happen to their baby so caution is always taken.
Peace.
Tom

:rolly::angel::rolly::angel:

Chopper
03/23/2008, 06:05 AM
I'm looking around for one of the hunting trucks they use around here to get the dogs into the swamp when going after hogs. Old Tacomas, Broncos, K5's, Nissan hardbodies etc.. Tons of 'em around, alll 4x, all lifted, all pre-battered.... Just swap out the Swampers, and put a good cage in it. That way, when I make like a turtle, we just roll it onto its feet, and keep going. Cheap enough to give the remains:smilewink to one of the locals when it's time to go home.viva la Bam. I love tearing up a car:smack:

Triathlete
03/23/2008, 02:27 PM
Chop...check the classifieds on Pirate4x.com. I have seen some well built vehicles on there for some smokin deals. I would steer away from "swamp" trucks. I have seen some very scary looking suspension mods on a lot of those.