PDA

View Full Version : Calmini sways are G-O-O-D

hchen
06/17/2003, 06:36 PM
i just got the calmini sway bars installed and you can actually feel the difference. i might have posted it before but i'll just do it again. anyways yea...it was worth the money since im used to driving modified street cars and really give props to a whip that handles really well. im gonna try to push 70 going off exit ramps and etc.

if i dont post again that means i probably flew off around some corner....haha

i guess if youre all about cuttin in and out of lanes then invest in a set. good stuff

xdfarrx
06/18/2003, 09:10 AM
Yo Hchen-
yo should rock Moncha/Scott's urethane bushing's too. They made the stockers mint. I considered the Calmini's but I heard the difference was marginal. You make them sound real good. The urethane are from Energy suspension in socal, and they were 45 ducs.
peace
xdfarrx

hchen
06/18/2003, 09:42 AM
i drive real aggressively and i myself feel teh difference. that's all i can say about it. i can feel all 4 tires grip the road and screech like never before. maybe that other person hasnt really pushed his VX 'cause that's probably the only way you'll feel teh difference. like i said, after i invest in a set of 20's i'll let you kno how much better it is. =)

also...i had it torqued to the max lbs...so maybe that's also the reason. personally i think it's a good improvement from stock 'cause i pretty much push my VX to the max most of the time.

Hotsauce
06/18/2003, 05:11 PM
What are the diameters of the new bars?

John C.

MrCrowley
06/18/2003, 07:08 PM
Im glad to hear they are stiffer. I was waiting to get some myself- but not sure if they would be better than stock. They will be better for everything except one situation- offroad. you will have less suspension articulation. Easily remedied by the addition of sway bar disconnects or just removing them from the a-arms and rear axle before wheeling. That doesnt mean worse offroad performance- just less articulation. Probably great in a baja run or rally type race. Polyurethane will improve their performance even more so, but once again, even less articulation. Remedied the same way as above. I have a stability problem running over 100 mph on the highway with oversize tires, and really wanted the benefit of these sway bars. Thanks for posting your reviews guys.

hchen
06/19/2003, 08:18 AM
no prob, i think you'll feel the difference 'cause just a few minutes ago i was drifting around corners better than ever =) i think we have the only suv that could do that with relative ease. im not much of an offroading type but i'll take that into mind about disconnecting the links if i ever do go offraoding. just no place around here, gotta go to penn. =P even without upgraded sways, i think the vehicross is one of the best SUVs when it comes to handling...if not THE best. i dun think i'll ever get rid of this ride. if i have to drop in a new engine/tranny later on taht's what i'll do. it feels good having such a rare ride.

i dunno teh diameter, yhou can check it out at the calmini site. i think it's just a tad bit thicker than stock but it's made out of tougher metal...stuff is real heavy duty, the bushing are also upgraded from stock like crowley previously stated.

i cant wait for my pv to come in...that'll be my next mod. i like 'em louuuuuuuuuuud! ahaha