PDA

View Full Version : Sale or Part

VXRoadster
03/16/2008, 06:52 PM
Just a thought...I am trying to sale my 1999 VX for $7,800.00. It is a 99 Ebony, all stock and complete. What do my fellow VX drivers think...would I meet my dollar amount parting it out...or would selling it be better. I hate to see the VX parted...but how many more VX's would it keep on the road.:confused::(:grinr:

Joe Isuzu
03/17/2008, 11:18 AM
well, you didn't mention anything on condition or maintenance so assuming your is doing well, I think it would be better to sell as one-piece, if we're talking about something that has a LOT of mileage or needs a LOT of work, maybe part it out
who knows, there are several people who want a second VX, even if it needs work i think it would sell, these aren't the most difficult things on which to work
good luck, I'll have to keep watching if you do end up parting it out

nfpgasmask
03/17/2008, 11:52 AM
double post, sorry

nfpgasmask
03/17/2008, 12:01 PM
Well, for starters, I would be willing to pay a fair amount of money for a complete, ebony tailgate assembly, given everything is in good shape (no scratches, dings, etc). And depending on the condition, the hood as well.

If you have the Yakima crossbars, you can make $350 at least. Cladding, seats, interior pieces, all of that will sell.

The engine alone, if it is in good running condition might make you a few thousand, and I am sure the tranny has some value, again as long as it is solid.

But, imho, parting it out will be a lot of work for you. But if you decide to go this route, I got dibs on the tailgate, hood, and armrest (if yours is still nice)! :)

Bart

etlsport
03/17/2008, 12:03 PM
keep in mind the price of shipping things like seats.. or hoods.. or engines.. it cost me like 15 bucks to ship a stock radio and cd player!

nfpgasmask
03/17/2008, 12:08 PM
keep in mind the price of shipping things like seats.. or hoods.. or engines.. it cost me like 15 bucks to ship a stock radio and cd player!

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean by work. Not only will have to have the time and space to dismantle the VX, you will need to have a decent way to pack and palletize a good deal of the parts, for shipment via freight...which ain't cheap...

Bart

CrnCnn
03/17/2008, 12:15 PM
I would be interested in the CV's, Differential brackets and some other stuff if you go that direction.

rowhard
03/17/2008, 02:11 PM
Unless it's trashed, I am surprised that it hasn't sold already for that price.

mdwyer
03/17/2008, 04:22 PM
If you have the Yakima crossbars, you can make $350 at least.

I'm in the market for those, but I figure I'm probably at least 16th in line...

VXRoadster
03/17/2008, 05:35 PM
Thanks for all the voices from the VX community. You are all correct...parting would take alot of time and work. Both of which I do not have alot of. I will continue to list it for sale. It is a nice truck and is in great shape. I have tried to up-load pics but no success. Thanks again for all the comments. This is a great forum.

LittleBeast
03/17/2008, 05:38 PM
So
$2,000 for engine
$800 for transfer case and tranny
$400 for tailgate
$200 for hood
$50 arm rest
$1000 for cladding
yeah you could probably make more parting it out possibly, but with lots of labor and packaging and trips to shippers and....... Just like everybody else has said it might be worth your time and effort to just sell as a whole unit..... Poor ebony, must be weird when your owner is debating chopping you up or selling you..... lol

mdwyer
03/17/2008, 08:36 PM
Poor ebony, must be weird when your owner is debating chopping you up or selling you.....

God help us if he's got children...

VXRoadster
03/18/2008, 05:27 PM
Yea...I know. Seems like I am all talk and ideas. I really have a passion for the little VX but I really do not need the truck anymore. Just purchased the wife a 4Runner so we can have more room for our new child (still have the VX...did not trade). Just sold one of my GSXR's (still have the VX) and have the second bike for sale (still have th VX). It is hard to part with one of these vehicles...however I think it is time (still have the VX). Mods are hard to get (and expensive) and I put way more miles on it than I wanted. The VX has 97k now. I found a Rubicon that I am about to die for (still have the VX)and I just can't swing both vehicles with a new baby on board. Wife now stays at home with the newborn. Please forgive me fellow VX owners...but I really do think the time has come (however still have the VX).