PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Isuzu Direct Injection Gas Engine

BBVX
06/17/2003, 05:31 PM
Here's the info on the new engine...

http://apps.edmunds.com/news/autoshows/articles/96999/page012.html

The parts guy at my dealer turned me on to this.
He also said that this engine would come standard in the 2004-2005 VEHICROSS!!!!! I told him they don't make them anymore, and he just smiled and shook his head. I said they haven't made them since 2001, and he said they still make them in Japan but they aren't importing them to the U.S. I asked him why no one in our global internet VX community knew about this and he said, "all I know is this SUV will be back in America in 2005 and will have this engine."
Now this guy seems like a relatively intelligent individual, whenever I need anything, I barely start describing the part I need and he's already got it ordered. But does he have any idea what he's talking about?!?!?! He seemed pretty sure...

Brian

AlaskaVX
06/17/2003, 05:34 PM
I am just going to cross my fingers and hope not! I like having a rare car :)

ScottinMA
06/17/2003, 05:48 PM
Brian,

We'll be part of an elite group of "vintage" owners!!

Scott

hchen
06/17/2003, 07:15 PM
hahaha vintage.

i thought isuzu just wanted the VX to boost their image...and it was destined to be a limited sales type thing. and i also thought isuzu was pulling out of US...slowly...'cause that's what i've been hearing and from what i see it feels like that's what is happening. i went to 3 isuzu dealerships and they all told me they stopped being isuzu recently...which is truly annoying. maybe it was just rumor...=/

IsuZOOM
06/17/2003, 09:12 PM
In my experience, auto magazines have info long before even most people at the company! They have spies who literally do nothing but gather info on new models, changes, etc. Further, I read 5 car magazines cover to cover every month and have never heard anything about this. Isuzu is becoming more and more "GM" and I doubt they'd pump the required millions into a new model right now. In fact, I think it was Motor Trend that just posted a prediction that Isuzu will disappear from US in 5 years. Further still, Isuzu doesn't currently sell the VX in Asia (http://www.isuzu.co.jp/world/product/index.html). Finally, how would a parts guy, who's contact with the corporate company is generally limited to the sticker on the boxes he unloads, know this? Reminds me of the Best Buy employees that always have the "inside info" on Sony.

AndyC
06/18/2003, 02:10 PM
I'd go with IsuZoom. Since the VX were made with those ceramic molds and they have run their life span. For Isuzu to re-case the molds, it would cost to much for what they would gain. And lets face it the VX wasn't a top seller for them. But I for one am glad of that. Our limited production speciality vechical :)

Joe_Black
06/18/2003, 02:40 PM
I don't know about any new versions of the VX in the future, but I will be scanning the salvage yards for new Axioms to rip the engine and computer out of! Tone, start working on a new supercharger!:bgwg: