PDA

View Full Version : Great Rally Vehicross website.

CoastieCosta567
03/14/2008, 01:12 PM
this is a cool site of a true Rally vehi cross, this is how i want mine to look like 1 day, little by little it will get there, what do u guys think of me painting my hood black?

http://tubusracing.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=5&Itemid=27

Chopper
03/14/2008, 03:36 PM
Brudda...the least of that vehicle, is the black hood. It's nothin' like what we are driving. Getting too old to even be the prerunner/chase vehicle.....man, that's depressing. Probably the last, real race VX left.:(

Joe_Black
03/14/2008, 04:27 PM
It's interesting to note that they're "upgrading" from the VX to the new D-Max with the 3.0L turbo diesel, which is what's been run in the Dakar.

I did find this of note in reference to the Aisin 5-speed used in their VX...

The gearbox is a specially developed square cut five-speed manual transmission, based upon the original ISUZU housing and transfer case. Although modified (as allowed under the rules) from the standard components, many of the improvements that have been learnt over the GRT teams ten year desert racing history. Many have been incorporated back into the ISUZU production vehicle units produced by the factory.

nfpgasmask
03/14/2008, 04:30 PM
I dig those side mirrors! They are nice and flush. Probably reduce rear visibility even more though! Nice find, Coastie!

Bart

cyronman
03/14/2008, 05:29 PM
what do u guys think of me painting my hood black?

That's nice read;

go for the hood--I've considered that myself.
As well as maybe the rear door.
:_thinking

CoastieCosta567
03/14/2008, 06:17 PM
yeah it's bummer to know they are getting rid of there VX and going to there new D-MAX, the one thing that i do like is the desail engine, there is another web site that shows there new engines and man do they truely sound very taisty, imagain putting one of those in our VX's, mmmmmm. But i guess thats my openion, 1 day i will upgrade to that level, but till i pay of my VX in 1 year, i wont be able to do any big big upgrades. the one thing that i'm considering really bad is mouting a flush and repaint the whole thing roof scoop, and transform it to a ram air/snorkol. and having the intake pipes coming from the fender to the inside of the VX through the fire wall and all the way up to the scoop, now thats a project that hopefully i will have done in 1 year, but we'll have to see, cuz a few here talk alot and don't do, so i'm keeping that idea in the down low till it happends, i don't want to sound like a big mouth. can you guys picture it though? i draw apicture and see whyat you guys think.