PDA

View Full Version : I hate, hate, hate my X-box

Chopper
03/13/2008, 03:47 PM
Third time this thing has conked out. Meantime...got a PS3....love a PS3. Out of the box, no problems (X-box...first one no work) No special airconditioner, no problem cables to hook up, nothing. Got the X-box back, like three weeks ago...haven't even taken it out of the plastic. Screw 'em...I'll give it to my nephew. 700 bucks worth of p.i.a.! Wii is very cool! Particularly when you've had a few, and been hittin the bubbler:bwgr: I'm gettin good at Guitar Hero

JHarris1385
03/13/2008, 05:15 PM
I second that XBOX sucks.....
I am a Playstation fan and I have a Wii. Wii online is like nothing else.

Ascinder
03/13/2008, 06:47 PM
That's good to hear, I had some buyers remorse when I got the PS3 and found out they had less than half the games the 360 did(and no RPGs-:mad:). But the more horror stories I hear about the red rings of death, the better I feel. Blueray winnng the fight doesn't hurt either. I have a WII a PS2 and the orignal xbox,and it's amazing how far they've come.

snowtrooper1966
03/13/2008, 07:29 PM
I had not heard about the rings-O-death untill after I bought XBox 360's for our game room. I fully expected some kind of issues, but so far, after a year of commerical use (kids, units on all the time) I have had no problems....
Really dig guitar hero, rock band kicks *** to.
James

mdwyer
03/13/2008, 08:03 PM
I've got a Wii and a Dreamcast (*snicker*). The Wii is all kind of fun for a night or two, then it sits around for a month. Super Mario Galaxies is a lot of fun, though. It gets my recommendation.

For 'real games', I still prefer to use my PC. I feel like I'm missing out on some great games, though. The zombie one sounded stupidly fun... :)

don moore
03/13/2008, 09:13 PM
wish i had a xbox..I stil have my atari 2600..night driver rules:smilegray

Ldub
03/13/2008, 09:57 PM
Third time this thing has conked out. Meantime...got a PS3....love a PS3. Out of the box, no problems (X-box...first one no work) No special airconditioner, no problem cables to hook up, nothing. Got the X-box back, like three weeks ago...haven't even taken it out of the plastic. Screw 'em...I'll give it to my nephew. 700 bucks worth of p.i.a.! Wii is very cool! Particularly when you've had a few, and been hittin the bubbler:bwgr: I'm gettin good at Guitar Hero

Lol...as Bill Murray said in Stripes..."I just GOTTA party with this Dude".:cool:

I'll agree with what's been said. While I also have Gamecube (Super Monkey Ball is a guilty pleasure) & a 1st gen X-box, it's by far, the PS-3 that sees the most action. Makes whatever is played in it look incredible. The Blu-Ray versions of Blade Runner & Fifth Element are eye popping, as well as Pirates of the Caribbean. While I've always been happy with my decision to jump on the "Blu" bandwagon, the recent news from the front lines of the format wars brought a small sigh of relief. (anybody wanna buy some laserdisc or DAT technology ?):smilewink

etlsport
03/13/2008, 11:20 PM
ive had my xbox360 for about 2 years now with no issues.. but every time i turn it on i half expect to see the red rings of death.... and i agree with whats said about the wii.. its great at first but after a month.. it collects dust until the next time 3+ people are drunk in the house (but not so drunk they can't figure out how to turn it on.. its a fine line) and after having to build a wii controller for a class.. im just not that impressed with the motion sensing tech ;Db;

JHarris1385
03/14/2008, 05:22 AM
Maybe the Wii haters need to revisit this thread.

http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=12657&highlight=wii

Then go to:

http://wii.qj.net/Grad-student-creates-Head-Tracking-set-up-with-Wii-remote/pg/49/aid/110256

There is alot left to do with the Wii - the Wii Fit is coming.

This is my first Nintendo in my lifetime and I am super impressed. It never gets rest. I have even bought titles that I have on PS2 to play on the Wii (Resident Evil 4)

I am going to wait another year and pick up a PS3 - just upgraded my old PS2 to the Slim version.

--- I used to also manage a company that administerd XBOX warranties. There is alot you can push back onto MicroSoft as far as the warranty. Straight out of the box all 360 owners need to upgrade the internal fan.

WormGod
03/14/2008, 08:32 AM
Over 2 years strong and going with my original 360. Though, I think that by modding it out with different fans with LED lights, new clear air ducting, and a plexi side cover, it aids it in running a LOT cooler and quieter.

I did read somewhere that it was speculated that 360s have a 16% failure rate. That is unacceptable. I wonder if there is any proof that their newest gen has remedied most, if not all, causes for the Red Rings.

Chopper
03/14/2008, 03:50 PM
ive had my xbox360 for about 2 years now with no issues.. but every time i turn it on i half expect to see the red rings of death.... and i agree with whats said about the wii.. its great at first but after a month.. it collects dust until the next time 3+ people are drunk in the house (but not so drunk they can't figure out how to turn it on.. its a fine line) and after having to build a wii controller for a class.. im just not that impressed with the motion sensing tech ;Db; Can supply the 3+ drunks, anytime....no problem. We're filthy with them here.

Joe_Black
03/14/2008, 04:23 PM
LOL, Still have my 2600 and it took forever for me to upgrade from the NES to the N64 (Super Mario Kart baby!). Just don't grok the consoles much, although the Wii is starting to draw me in. Still stickin' to the PC as my main gamer, workin' Freelancer and TF2 for now. ;)

Jolly Roger VX'er
03/14/2008, 06:49 PM
I still have my original Nintendo (Contra, Defender, SpyHunter anyone?) and it works fine. I waited until this past Christmas to upgrade to a 360....now you guys are scaring me! I did feel like if I had to do it over again (researched more...was an impulse buy) I would have got the PS3 for the BluRay advantage. Well...if mine blows up at least I know what to buy next!

P.S.---still hooked on Mass Effect...finally learned how to use the darned Sniper Rifle..lol. It went from the least used weapon to the weapon of choice!