PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine Light Is On????

littlewing2
03/11/2008, 04:43 PM
When I came home Sunday, my check engine light came on. My husband disconnected the battery cable and it went off, but yesterday it came back on again and is still on. At a cold start the motor pulsates. After it warms up, it runs fine. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? Do I have to take it to Auto Zone to have them tell me the codes? Thanks, Nancy:confused:

mdwyer
03/11/2008, 05:31 PM
Do I have to take it to Auto Zone to have them tell me the codes? Thanks, Nancy:confused:

Well, if you drive to Colorado, you can borrow my reader... but it is probably better to just go to AutoZone. :D

If I had to take a stab at it, I would guess the Idle Air Control, but I'd want to see what codes got recorded.

crager34
03/12/2008, 05:53 AM
It's the check enging light right? Just check the engine and it will go away.

:p

Auto Zone has been great whenever I had a light come on. Last time they made me check it myself... it's easy. Then back to this forum for the answers.

don moore
03/14/2008, 06:53 AM
Ive been careful to check everything all the time on my baby..then it happened "CHECK ENGINE"...oh noo I freeked..:eek:
Auto zone rocks ..they did a test and told me what is was:rolleyes:
lol it turns out the gas cap was loose...:p
Now i have something else to check...lol:smilewink

I hope you figure it out....

johnnyapollo
03/14/2008, 07:00 AM
Loose gas cap is a common cause of the CEL in many vehicles. The pulsing can be caused by many things - get the code ASAP.

FYI, a solid lit light is "better" than one that blinks - blinking is bad!

-- John