PDA

View Full Version : My new toy

VX-157
03/11/2008, 02:34 AM
Hi all from down under.

Attached is my new pride and joy. number 157 / 175. (i cannot work out how to attach a photo :eek:)

I picked the truck up on Friday in Brisbane and drove home to Canberra over 3 days. (around 1200 km) i did take my time getting home, stopping in and saying hi to friends on the way...and of course showing of the new shiney.

When I picked the truck up it was down a liter of oil, took care of that very quickly! Over the entire drive it only went though 250 ml of oil, not much at all really. Though i was really surpised by the size of the fuel tank...82 liters...@ 1:50$ a liter....(for those not in the know 5 liters to a gallon)

It was a uneventful drive :bgwo: and i enjoyed every bounce, every look, every Kilometre of the drive :cool:

Over the next few weeks my plan is to:
Have an alarm fitted.
It goes in for a service tomorrow and a road worthy.
Saturday it goes in for a quick transmission over look so the mechanic can make sure that we can get parts for it.
Next week i will have the speakers looked at, as one is somewhat crackly at higher lvl of volume. I may even put in a amp of some sort.

Also my plan is to order my custom number plate, I was thinking VX 157 with a motto under neath “irresponsible fun” :bgwg:

johnnyapollo
03/11/2008, 03:00 AM
Welcome!

Most of the driveline parts shouldn't be too hard to come by (Shared with other Isuzu/Holden vehicles). I've been picking up misc body parts (like headlights) just to have some stock in case something happens (you might want to think of doing something likewise).

-- John

tom4bren
03/11/2008, 03:54 AM
Welcome to the addiction. I'm sure you'll have many years of enjoyment out of her.

snowtrooper1966
03/11/2008, 07:56 AM
What color did you score?
I have had my Dragon green for about three weeks!
Have a blast! (I know you are!)
James

VX-157
03/11/2008, 12:39 PM
Hi and thanks for the warm welcome. She is a two tone, firefox red with black. very eye catching. :smilewink

If i could work out how to post a picture i would.....

Cheers

tom4bren
03/11/2008, 01:41 PM
You can put pix elsewhere & put a hyperlink to it in the thread.

(Zeus - keep yer mouth shut about me giving others advice on posting pix:))

Joe Isuzu
03/11/2008, 03:13 PM
Welcome to the club Hetzer, firefox is a very pretty colour, good choice! I've got to ask about your name. I know hetzer as being a small German WWII tank but I have to assume it's some Aussie slang, right? Last name? what gives?

Y33TREKker
03/11/2008, 03:19 PM
Weclome Hetzer. My cousin and her husband live in Canberra. Maybe one day I'll get to visit them, then stop by to check out the Foxfire while I'm in town.

VX-157
03/11/2008, 03:58 PM
Joe wrote
Welcome to the club Hetzer, firefox is a very pretty colour, good choice! I've got to ask about your name. I know hetzer as being a small German WWII tank but I have to assume it's some Aussie slang, right? Last name? what gives?

Hi mate, spot on about the name, Hetzer is indeed a wwii german tank. I have always used Hetzer as my online name for gaming and forums etc. So nothing aussie about it at all I am afraid :P

Y33TREKker wrote
Weclome Hetzer. My cousin and her husband live in Canberra. Maybe one day I'll get to visit them, then stop by to check out the Foxfire while I'm in town.

More than welcome, happy to fire up the bbq and have a few snags and supply the beer 

Y33TREKker
03/12/2008, 11:51 AM
...snags...

Snags? Should I be afraid? :bwgy:

VX-157
03/12/2008, 02:17 PM
Snags? Should I be afraid? :bwgy:

only if i burn em :rolleyes:

snags = sausages. Or happy to cook up some roo meat. We are always happy to cook up our national animal...:p

back on subject.
My VX passed her vehicle inspection and after a minor heart attack brought on by the mechanic not been able to find a engine number (was located in a very strange place) I just need to get a weighbridge certificate and its registered for my state :D

Joe Isuzu
03/12/2008, 05:09 PM
great news, glad things seem to be going well, you'll find this site is an excellent resource on a hard to find topic
cool about the name, I've toyed with the idea of putting "panzer" on my a4 but I figured it would fit better with something a little bigger and faster, like a 540 or an M5, neither of which are in the pipeline for me anytime soon...