PDA

View Full Version : reset your clock

tom4bren
03/07/2008, 10:54 AM
Don't forget to reset your clock this weekend.

You should also replace the batteries in all of your smoke detectors too.

Have a great weekend. I'm splittin early today because ... well, I CAN.

TTFN

Triathlete
03/07/2008, 12:07 PM
There are places that still do this? I'm glad we have the same time year round!

nfpgasmask
03/07/2008, 01:59 PM
I can't wait for the extra hour! I can wash the VX after work again!

Bart

snowtrooper1966
03/07/2008, 02:54 PM
Hey, Bart!
I think we are losing an hour:(

Speaking of the clock, I was able to set the clock in the VX to the correct time once I got the Dragon last week, per the instruction on page 5-20 of the owner's manual, but for the life of me, I can't get it to go into "time display priority mode" which is supposed to show the current time on the display, except when you change radio stations....
Thanks for the heads up, tom4bren!
Best,
James

nfpgasmask
03/07/2008, 02:58 PM
Hey, Bart!
I think we are losing an hour:(
Best,
James

Well, we are loosing an hour, but aren't we gaining an hour of daylight? Meaning, instead of getting dark at six, it will get dark at seven?

Bart

snowtrooper1966
03/07/2008, 03:30 PM
You are correct, sir!
Good for all except the vampires;)

Anita
03/07/2008, 03:46 PM
With the ignition in the ACC position, Press and hold down the button marked FM/AM (on the left of the radio under the volume knob). Now while holding that button down press the #1 preset button on the right of the radio. That's the hour button. Once the hour is set, press the #2 preset button the change the minutes.

If you want to have the clock display while the radio or cd plays, press the FM/AM button then press and hold down the #4 preset button until it beeps (about 4-6 seconds). Normally the radio station or cd info shows all the time but now the clock will display after about 10 seconds.. To change back do the same procedure.

CrnCnn
03/07/2008, 03:55 PM
If you want to have the clock display while the radio or cd plays, press the FM/AM button then press and hold down the #4 preset button until it beeps (about 4-6 seconds). Normally the radio station or cd info shows all the time but now the clock will display after about 10 seconds.. To change back do the same procedure.

That is good info. I hate not having a clock right there and holding the button for a temporary time display.

Ldub
03/07/2008, 05:08 PM
Well, we are loosing an hour, but aren't we gaining an hour of daylight? Meaning, instead of getting dark at six, it will get dark at seven?

Bart

:smilewink Spring forward / Fall back...I'm still cornfused.:rolleyesg

snowtrooper1966
03/07/2008, 05:29 PM
Thanks, Anita!
I swear I did that as per the manual 10 times, and it never worked. I had to have the ignition to "on" to get the "time display priority mode" to take. It did not work for me with just "acc" on. When it did work, the display flashed the time to confirm mode selection.
James

tom4bren
03/10/2008, 06:53 AM
Dang - after warning Y'all, I still forgot.

Sometimes I worry about me!!!!

WormGod
03/10/2008, 07:59 AM
Ah, being able to leave work without using headlights in traffic.... always a sign that spring is around the corner. Thank thee Lord!!

mdwyer
03/10/2008, 05:08 PM
Ah, being able to leave work without using headlights in traffic.... always a sign that spring is around the corner. Thank thee Lord!!

Wait, you work in video games, don't you? I didn't think they let you leave work at all! Or maybe that's just at EA... :)

WormGod
03/11/2008, 07:52 AM
Wait, you work in video games, don't you? I didn't think they let you leave work at all! Or maybe that's just at EA... :)

Ya, thats just EA, but we are fast approaching that milestone in this project as well. Comes about at the end of every project. High stress, no sleep, and malnutrition.... not even sure the job is worth all that....