PDA

View Full Version : Texas Convoy to Moab

tomdietrying
03/06/2008, 11:49 AM
O.k.......all this talk about convoying to Moab by the Chicago VXers is getting me excited. How about the cow pokes in Texas? Let's get a convoy of our own.

Who's in?

Peace.
Tom

Scott Harness
03/06/2008, 03:53 PM
Me! Yee-Haw! Head-um up Move-um out Rawhide (whip crack'in noise):_steering

Dumke
03/06/2008, 04:09 PM
O.k.......all this talk about convoying to Moab by the Chicago VXers is getting me exicited. How about the cow pokes in Texas? Let's get a convoy of our own.

Who's in?

Peace.
Tom

WHEW. For a second there thought I would have to leave friday morning so I can make it for the Chi-town convoy.

Count Ray and myself in as well.

Also what are the plans for pre vx run? Whats on the agenda if anything.

tomdietrying
03/06/2008, 05:05 PM
Do you remember that cool hike we missed doing last year before Moab? I'd like to reschedule that one. Other than that, we can see how we are with time and play it by ear. I know some cool areas in the Cedar Mesa of Utah? That's the area we did Hotel Rock last year.
Peace.
Tom

p.s.
Larry are you coming up from Houston? Are there anymore Texans representing the state beside Rob and Ray(Ft. Worth), Scott(Dallas), and me (Dallas). Texas is a big state.......we could use some more representatives from the east, south or western part of the state.:)

VXIRONwoMAN
03/07/2008, 12:56 AM
WHEW. For a second there thought I would have to leave friday morning so I can make it for the Chi-town convoy.

Count Ray and myself in as well.

LOL :laughing: That's awesome!

LittleBeast
03/07/2008, 09:09 AM
VX is still in the transmission shop, but what day are you all meeting up and driving? Any long stops along the way or just driving the whole way ~ 20 hours?

Dumke
03/07/2008, 09:16 AM
Do you remember that cool hike we missed doing last year before Moab? I'd like to reschedule that one. Other than that, we can see how we are with time and play it by ear. I know some cool areas in the Cedar Mesa of Utah? That's the area we did Hotel Rock last year.
Peace.
Tom

p.s.
Larry are you coming up from Houston? Are there anymore Texans representing the state beside Rob and Ray(Ft. Worth), Scott(Dallas), and me (Dallas). Texas is a big state.......we could use some more representatives from the east, south or western part of the state.:)

Yup I remeber when my check engine light came on and I freaked out. LOl also found a wrench that was on my radiator hose from ft worth to utah. LOL man that thing was hot and how it stayed there is still beyond me.

But yes I rember and sounds like a plan will run it by Raymundo. Place you you for wheeling or hiking?? Around the Cedar Mesa area.

VX is still in the transmission shop, but what day are you all meeting up and driving? Any long stops along the way or just driving the whole way ~ 20 hours?

We camped in new mexico. We did it in three parts. Course i drove back in one which sucked and will probably never do that again lol. Scott left us early and did it in 2 days well he left in middle of the night.

It all depends what your plans are and who your meeting up with if your going to go part of the way and break off or what. So make a schedule and go from there. We left saturday morning around 5 am from Decatur texas. Well that is where I met Tom and Scott.

Scott Harness
03/07/2008, 09:54 AM

We usually stop at Jemez Springs and camp.That's just northwest of Albuquerque.Right on a river bank, pretty cool,We also sat in the springs,with a big fat naked lady:eek:Why don't beautiful people sit around naked

Triathlete
03/07/2008, 12:17 PM

Moab Mt. Biking on Monday if anyone is interested! Several shops in town rent Mt. Bikes if you don't have one (or don't want to lug it up with you). Everyone is invited!:cool:

Scott Harness
03/08/2008, 08:11 AM
Moab Mt. Biking on Monday if anyone is interested! Several shops in town rent Mt. Bikes if you don't have one (or don't want to lug it up with you). Everyone is invited!:cool:

Hmmm. I can just see me being air-lifted to a hospital. I did some fairly heavy-duty Mt biking awhile back,after the 4th or 5th time over the handlbars.That's enough. I still like slower trail riding.

Jay Dunford
04/23/2008, 06:21 AM
Quick reply to bring this one back from the dead. I wrangled the time off from the new job so Moab's a go. Everyone still want to convoy up? I'm booked at the Red Rock starting Sun nite and was planning a 2 day trip starting Sat am but that's all flexible with other peoples plans.

Ldub
04/23/2008, 06:36 AM
Quick reply to bring this one back from the dead. I wrangled the time off from the new job so Moab's a go. Everyone still want to convoy up? I'm booked at the Red Rock starting Sun nite and was planning a 2 day trip starting Sat am but that's all flexible with other peoples plans.

Good news Jay:thumbup:...is that other Texas cowpoke (Mr. Monday) comin' along wit-cha?

Scott Harness
04/23/2008, 06:50 AM

Alright! Welcome to the convoy Jay!

Jay Dunford
04/23/2008, 09:14 AM
Good news Jay:thumbup:...is that other Texas cowpoke (Mr. Monday) comin' along wit-cha?

Don't think so:(, he has some work stuff that he doesn't think he'll be able to get out of.

tomdietrying
04/23/2008, 11:33 AM
Great Jay! The more the merrier. Good to see you make another one ZuZu. How many is this now......7 or 8?

I've got a question for you. Since you basically installed Tone's bumper for me (I just watched). It's no longer level. It's pointing a little upward. I'm trying to take off the back cladding. I'v taken off the 2 bolts under both fenders, the 4 on the top, and the 4 on the bottom. Where else does it attatch at?

Thanks.

Peace.
Tom

Ldub
04/23/2008, 03:08 PM
Great Jay! The more the merrier. Good to see you make another one ZuZu. How many is this now......7 or 8?

I've got a question for you. Since you basically installed Tone's bumper for me (I just watched). It's no longer level. It's pointing a little upward. I'm trying to take off the back cladding. I'v taken off the 2 bolts under both fenders, the 4 on the top, and the 4 on the bottom. Where else does it attatch at?

Thanks.

Peace.
Tom

Hey Tom...:_wrench:
There are a couple of torx screws hidden behind the fender (side)cladding peices, you have to remove 1 or 2 in front of the tail light to get to them.
It also helps to remove the tail lights.
See the hitch install instructions on Tone's site for pics.:thumbup: