PDA

View Full Version : windshield washer

Pepino
03/03/2008, 05:27 PM
i am having a problem with the drivers side little thing that sprays the windshield wash to the windshield, the right one works perfectly but the other one barely sprays any water...
i checked the little hoses and there is nothing blocking them
any help?

etlsport
03/03/2008, 06:02 PM
try putting a needle in the nozzles, maybe they are stopped up, also check for leaks in the hoses in that area

mdwyer
03/03/2008, 09:14 PM
I had the same problem. I couldn't find anything clogging mine, so I removed them and swapped them. Now, at least the driver's side gets a decent squirt. :)

johnnyapollo
03/04/2008, 03:10 AM
Remove the rubber tube and make sure it's not clogged - then get a thin piece of wire (if you can strip a twisty tie that's about the thickness you need) and insert into the squirty holes to remove obstructions. You might want to remove the tube from the other end and blow though it. When they get clogged up it's usually caused by wax getting into the opening.

-- John

Feidhlim
03/04/2008, 05:40 AM
I had the same problem and discovered that the final connector on the tube leading to the squirter nozzle contains a small ball-bearing, probably designed to allow a one-way flow of water. In my case this bearing moved and blocked the flow of water. I tried moving it back to it's original position but it merely went back to the blocking position so I removed it altogether and now I have a full flow to both squiters and have had no ill effects from the removal of the bearing.

Feidhlim
Dublin, Ireland
VX Limited Eddition #122 (of 175)