PDA

View Full Version : Autoxing the VX

VR4-Quest
06/16/2003, 11:46 AM
To add to the guys running the 1/4, I was planning on running the VX at my local autox if they allow more than 2 registered vehicles (or run it the last points outing of the year). I'm just going for the most unusual vehicle autoxed. Participants and watchers usually get a kick out of the "weird" car running, and I've never seen a truck autoxed. I dont think it would do too bad either. Just have to figure out my class (maybe STS). I'm just gonna crank down on the front torsion bars to lower the front end, and go at it easy the first time.
Anyone else try their VX at autoxing?

Dallas4u
06/16/2003, 11:58 AM
I know Rick (Baxman) has auto x'd his before. He lives in the Seattle area.

hchen
06/16/2003, 04:06 PM
werd, have fun with it. seems like it should be a blast...i wanan do it but not before i drop in my sway bars (tuesday...tomrorow) and lower my VX...a supercharger would help...does Alpine wanna donate one =P i'll represent you when i show with my crew Importeknika =) huuge Alpine produuuuucshizzzzle decals all over my VX! i kno ...im desperate...haha

TimG
06/16/2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by hchen
werd, have fun with it. seems like it should be a blast...i wanan do it but not before i drop in my sway bars (tuesday...tomrorow) and lower my VX...a supercharger would help...does Alpine wanna donate one =P i'll represent you when i show with my crew Importeknika =) huuge Alpine produuuuucshizzzzle decals all over my VX! i kno ...im desperate...haha

D00d! Iz yur keybord brok? 0r R U jus a hi SK00L kid tryin 2 b l33t?

Tone
06/16/2003, 09:07 PM
I’ve autocrossed a bit with the VX but the slow courses are hard to compete on with the stock power and the strange classes they put it in (my Momo pedal covers put me in a different class!).

Now RallyCross, that’s were the VX really excels as the courses are typically faster and the four wheel drive really plays in your favor. Bax, Jay and I have all walked away with trophies in that, beating many a Subaru. RX is also a lot easier on the tires than AX but both are fun!

I’ve got a used SuperCharger that I can let you have for $1999 plus shipping that will certainly help you.

Baxman
06/16/2003, 09:20 PM
Tone's right, AX will eat a VX's tires, especially off-road tires. I autocrossed once on a wet track and beat a 302 Pantera. Ground the shoulders right off of my BFG ATs. The VX is made for rallycross, though a bit heavy. I haven't done an RX with S/C installed, yet...
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b2dc36b3127cce9cfadc4c7ab80000006610

hchen
06/16/2003, 09:35 PM
is my keyboard broken? im in college and i can type however i want and why dont you keep it a bit mature and quit your trashtalkin. you need to chill out a bit and not take things too seriously. and tryign to be leet? being leet how? yes oh great one please show me the right path for i have been led astray!

TimG
06/17/2003, 10:27 AM
is my keyboard broken? im in college and i can type however i want and why dont you keep it a bit mature and quit your trashtalkin. you need to chill out a bit and not take things too seriously. and tryign to be leet? being leet how? yes oh great one please show me the right path for i have been led astray!

Better. Much better. This one is readable, but we still need to work on our use of capital letters.

hchen
06/17/2003, 11:41 AM
oh man, you fools are lame. get a life

TimG
06/17/2003, 01:56 PM
oh man, you fools are lame. get a life

I'm the only one that was harrassing you, so please don't think poorly of the others.
I'm the only lame one here. :)

Anita
06/17/2003, 02:00 PM
:yes: , he's the only one...

Pens
06/17/2003, 04:47 PM
I too am lame but have not targeted anyone as of yet. This is just a notice to everyone though, I am a loose cannon and could go off at any time!