PDA

View Full Version : Moab Group hotel discount!

VXIRONwoMAN
03/03/2008, 02:23 PM
Alrighty folks, here is what's going down!

I went to book a room at Red Rock Lodge...

http://www.moab-utah.com/redrocklodge/

$59 per night for week nights, $69 per night for weekends, before AAA disc. (10 %), two double beds.
Pet friendly, trailer parking(described to me as the dirt lot next door), secure storage. -courtesy of Ldub (thanks big bro...)

AND... they offered me a deal. I told them I was with an offroading group and they offered a 20% discount to us, if I can get a few more of my buddies to stay here. So those of you who are interested... they didn't give me a set number to recruit. The manager should be calling me this week to give me more details or maybe a better deal.

I will be staying here regardless, but if more want to stay here we can all benefit.

Let me know your thoughts... Or if you just want to book the room drop my name, Cecilia Velez, with the front desk. I think there is 3 or 4 of us already there.

orion
03/03/2008, 06:10 PM
I'm in, booked about 2 weeks ago. I think we'll have enough to get the discount.

LittleBeast
03/04/2008, 10:15 AM
Do they allow pets?

Ldub
03/04/2008, 10:47 AM
Do they allow pets?

If that's what "pet friendly" means, then yes.:smilewink

Here's a link: http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=Bw2271t_NR-TYBaKYiAHHw_TbCqGdqheZqajtA7XS4JsHwLgCCAAQARgBILZU OABQyreM5gNgyd67iqik1BbIAQGAAgHZAziSZVqgOWng&sig=AGiWqtwfdX2iWvTbiwJX1feA5jnRfhyl7Q&q=http://www.usdirectory.com/detwebpage.aspx%3Fid%3D14189552%26afid%3D1517

Or two: http://www.go-utah.com/Red-Rock-Lodge-Suites

nocturnalVX
03/04/2008, 08:26 PM
I have to say... after the sweet party there last year, I'm gonna HAVE to stay there! See y'all soon!!!

Ldub
03/04/2008, 08:33 PM
I have to say... after the sweet party there last year, I'm gonna HAVE to stay there! See y'all soon!!!

SWEET !...:dance: ... :_beer: ... :naughty:

VX crazy
03/05/2008, 04:12 AM

:_crying::_crying::_crying: I am sure going to miss you guys! You all have to do shots of jager for me! :)

pbkid
03/05/2008, 01:34 PM
hmmm...i might have to do some extra work so i can join in on the partying....

crager34
03/05/2008, 08:28 PM
Just let me know the room number(s) and I will leave the house and whoop it up too.;)

Ldub
03/06/2008, 06:53 PM
Just let me know the room number(s) and I will leave the house and whoop it up too.;)

I rather doubt that you'll have much trouble finding us. :naughty: ... :_beer: ... :dance:

In the past, it's been known to get a little...erm...LOUD.:rolleyesg

Scott Harness
03/07/2008, 10:29 AM
I was at Kokopelli Lodge,but switched after seeing everybody was at Red Rock. For next year HA! I think we should try Kokopelli Lodge, it only has 8 rooms. Same price,cleaner, art deco kind of place. It was called The Atomic Motel in the 50's. It pretty popular, last year it was full 2 months in advance.I couldn't get a room that's why I was at Red Rock.

Ldub
03/07/2008, 04:59 PM
:_crying::_crying::_crying: I am sure going to miss you guys! You all have to do shots of jager for me! :)

You Gonna Be Missed Too Lisa...:sighwgray
I dunno WHAT you're thinking, seriously...hiking with Thelma & Louise can't POSSIBLY be as fun as hangin' with the "too much fun club".:naughty:

Glad to see you there Scott.

Scott Harness
03/08/2008, 08:04 AM

I think I had one too many jager shots and one too many martinis and one too many margaritas last year. I was wobbly:p

MSHardeman
03/10/2008, 02:56 PM
The Red Rock Lodge looks like it's shaping up to be VX central.

The guy at the front desk said that there are still quite a few rooms left for anyone else who is interested. I don't think the rooms are Ritz Carlton calliber, but they're perfect as a place to crash for the night (you won't be there much anyway). There are some double queen and double twin rooms (as well as some single queens and kings) if some of you want roomies for the week to help split the cost. The 20% discount helps too.

Can't wait to see the parking lot full of VX's.

crager34
03/12/2008, 06:02 AM
This is definatly a "local" hotel. It is clean and the A/C's will probably keep some people up at night (loud). BUT... it is one of the lower priced hotels, easy walk to downtown (really? Moab has a downtown? :p) It has about a 6 person hottub, a "U" shaped courtyard, single level.... what else you want to know? The doors lock, the plumbing IS indoors and the water is hot & cold. Should be just fine for roughing it. hehehehe

BTW - Past Zu meets have left a good impression on the local people. As I get around town and have been meeting people, it has been mentioned about when "you guys" come into town and the unique trucks we have.

Let me know if I can do anything locally for the group, before the meet.

Darrin

The Red Rock Lodge looks like it's shaping up to be VX central.

The guy at the front desk said that there are still quite a few rooms left for anyone else who is interested. I don't think the rooms are Ritz Carlton calliber, but they're perfect as a place to crash for the night (you won't be there much anyway). There are some double queen and double twin rooms (as well as some single queens and kings) if some of you want roomies for the week to help split the cost. The 20% discount helps too.

Can't wait to see the parking lot full of VX's.

LEG 01VX
04/14/2008, 08:32 AM
Hi all,
I have just booked my room at the Red Rock Lodge. See you there Monday night.

MSHardeman
04/14/2008, 09:00 AM
Heck, with all these people staying at the Red Rock we should have a little show and shine in the parking lot.
WooHoo, can't wait to see everyone there.

Ldub
04/14/2008, 09:07 AM
Hi all,
I have just booked my room at the Red Rock Lodge. See you there Monday night.

You install those 912's on the "lowrider" yet?:smilewink

LEG 01VX
04/14/2008, 01:55 PM
Ldub,

Not yet.

JoFotoz
04/14/2008, 03:22 PM
I'll be at the Red Rock Monday night through Saturday night.

After driving 800 miles to get there....l'll enter the Bug Splat division...:p

Heck, with all these people staying at the Red Rock we should have a little show and shine in the parking lot.
WooHoo, can't wait to see everyone there.

jo

VXIRONwoMAN
04/14/2008, 05:55 PM
I'll be at the Red Rock Monday night through Saturday night.

After driving 800 miles to get there....l'll enter the Bug Splat division...:p

jo

Awesome! Can't wait to see ya there... I wish my drive were 800 miles... I'm about 1,350 miles away! Gas is gonna SUCK! But well worth it!

Triathlete
04/14/2008, 10:55 PM
Ldub,

Not yet.

Just bring them and the tools and have a late night wrenching party in the hotel parking lot...you will have lots of knowledgable help!

taylorRichie
04/15/2008, 06:03 AM
When is everyone going to moab?

I was just there 2 weeks ago... I've never wheeled, and don't think I have the stomach for wheeling my VX, but I'd love to go down at the same time as everyone, and possibly ride along.

Can someone give me the dates? And anyone think there may be room for a couple people (girlfriend and I) on a couple journeys... Or maybe someone wants to drive my VX for me... ;)

Thanks!

Richie

BTW I'm only 3.5 hours away, lucky me I guess

Ldub
04/15/2008, 06:10 AM
Just bring them and the tools and have a late night wrenching party in the hotel parking lot...you will have lots of knowledgable help!

Gotcha covered on the tools, Jim brings the floor jack & jack stands to the party...:naughty:
For a slight extra fee, (most Zuzoo currency is of the margarita or "bowl of soup" variety) we could even lower it back down to "curisin' height" before ya go home.:smilewink

Ldub
04/15/2008, 06:18 AM

I was just there 2 weeks ago... I've never wheeled, and don't think I have the stomach for wheeling my VX, but I'd love to go down at the same time as everyone, and possibly ride along.

Can someone give me the dates? And anyone think there may be room for a couple people (girlfriend and I) on a couple journeys... Or maybe someone wants to drive my VX for me... ;)

Thanks!

Richie

Lucky you for SURE... I just bumped the Moab thread TTT.

You will most likely find no shortage of shotgun seats available, & while you may be a bit apprehensive about wheeling your VX, think about doing the VX run with us.
Todd is an awesome trail leader, & won't let you get into trouble.:thumbup:
After the maiden voyage, you'll be hooked,:smilewink...and you'll be amazed at what these little buggys can do in stock trim.

MSHardeman
04/15/2008, 08:12 AM
tR,

I'm with dub. Don't be afraid to wheel that sucker. When I went to my first Zoo I was going to do a ride along, but got convinced to go in my baby and had a blast. Todd is an excellent trail leader and very patient with people who have never gone before. On one obstacle he almost literally held my hand as I went down it. I am still SUPER crazy careful with my VX on the trail (and I'm stock height) so you could hang on my six and be just fine. Besides, it sounds like Todd is picking a relatively mild trail for the VX only run.

VXIRONwoMAN
04/15/2008, 09:10 AM

Thanks!

Richie

:eek:

TOO BAD!!! 'Cause you're wheelin' it!!! I went last year and it was my first time off roading EVER! I had never even driven my VX on a dirt road. I did every trail the other VXers did, but every obstacle is optional and the VX is VERY capable!!! I bypassed all the obstacles (it was my first time wheelin') and had an awesome spotter (nocturnalVX), who many will highly reccommend. I left Moab without a single scratch or ding! Did I mention my VX was totally stock?! Plus, you don't want a girl to out wheel you, do you??? :rolleyes:

crager34
04/15/2008, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by taylorRichie

Can someone give me the dates? And anyone think there may be room for a couple people (girlfriend and I) on a couple journeys... Or maybe someone wants to drive my VX for me...

Thanks!

Richie

I forget how far away I am sometimes. :cool!: :dance:

Come down before the meet and I will have you wheeling like a pro in no time. :_steering

JoFotoz
04/15/2008, 07:25 PM
I dont have the nads either....

I was just there 2 weeks ago... I've never wheeled, and don't think I have the stomach for wheeling my VX

...my MOAB week moto...

To SWERVE & PROTECT ;)

But hey...peer presure can be a B*A#CH..!

UMMMM...sitting cross legged...UMMM...

...swerve & protect!

Please...everyone help me live up to my mantra !

jo

Ldub
04/15/2008, 07:41 PM
I dont have the nads either....

...my MOAB week moto...

To SWERVE & PROTECT ;)

But hey...peer presure can be a B*A#CH..!

UMMMM...sitting cross legged...UMMM...

...swerve & protect!

Please...everyone help me live up to my mantra !

jo

No worries Jo,

That was my exact mantra the first time I went. I felt no undue peer pressure.
The problem starts after you get a little accumulated wheelin' time & your confidence outgrows your experience...I could go on, but I'll just say...
It's only paint & sheetmetal.:rolleyesg

taylorRichie
04/17/2008, 04:56 PM
If someone provides the Xanax I might be able to ;)

We'll see what happens... If I can go on the "main" trail, and opt out of some obstacles then I think I'll be in good shape.

Getting pretty excited...

VX crazy
04/17/2008, 05:30 PM
If someone provides the Xanax I might be able to ;)

We'll see what happens... If I can go on the "main" trail, and opt out of some obstacles then I think I'll be in good shape.

Getting pretty excited...

Sorry....I am not going this year.......;) teeheehee

Ldub
04/17/2008, 05:41 PM
Sorry....I am not going this year.

Me too. :sighwgray

Scott Harness
04/17/2008, 06:03 PM
Me three!!!

VXIRONwoMAN
04/18/2008, 09:50 AM
Me 4!!!:(