PDA

View Full Version : My first nearly accident! :( :mad:

Pepino
03/03/2008, 01:54 PM
so i was crossing a street and i had a stop sign that i completly missed from thinking where am i going to get the fuel filter for my VX and all of the sudden i almost T-bone this carbut it wasnt that close!!
but w/e i keep going and i park a block away and go to my apartment just for five minutes to get money for the fuel filter and then come back and see a huge paper in my windshield so im like wth!
i take it i read it and it says "Learn to drive you f...ing fa...ott you nearly killed one of us by missing that stop sign! i hope you enjoy this scratch in your door" so i get out of the car and see this huge ***** scratch in my door!!!!!:mad: it wentcompletly through all the layers of paint!!! there were other five scratches that i kinda buffed out! but this big one i couldnt! what can i do?? touch up paint wont even look natural on the door!!
i know there are like two cops on this forum can anyone give me some advice on if i should go to the cops or not?
im so pissed!!

tom4bren
03/03/2008, 02:09 PM
Unless you can find some witnesses who can positively identify the person, there is probably nothing you can do. A decent body shop should be able to blend the paint for you but I have no idea how much it will cost.

Good luck.

Pepino
03/03/2008, 02:31 PM
would it help if there might be a recording from outside my building? cause there is a camera right in the front entrance almost in front of where i parked my car but im not sure if the camera just gets the people that come into the building or the outside too

maybe i can recognize the car or something would i get a ticket because i missed the stop sign and what would happen to the othe people? maybe i can get a whole body paint job from them lol finally get my Lamborghinni green color that i want lol

JHarris1385
03/03/2008, 02:38 PM
Try cameras.
You would not get in trouble for the stop sign. There is no proof of that happening. It would only sound like an excuse for the scratching.

JoFotoz
03/03/2008, 02:59 PM
Yea...the cameras are your best bet.
You must know roughly what time it happened ...most security cams have time / date stamping.

That should give you a time window...maybe only one car shows up...if youre lucky!

Proving THEY did it...thats a whole other deal....

Dont wash the vehicle...and keep the note...and keep fingers off it!

Hope it works out...

jo

JHarris1385
03/03/2008, 03:06 PM
You will be fine. I am sure the expense of that paint job will exceed your insurance deductible.

Pepino
03/03/2008, 03:06 PM
ya i know exactly what time it happened i came to my apartment for 5 minutes and left and it was there but oops i screwed up i already washed that part waxed it and buffed it and everything i only got the note as proof oh ya and the scratches that didnt come off too

Joe Isuzu
03/03/2008, 05:16 PM
I don't know if I would get my hopes up too much on this, not to burst your bubble but the first thing is to find the security company/landlord willing to go through the surveillance tape to find the exact moment you thought it happened, there are plenty of people who get dinged at wal-mart but they're not allowed to see the videotape surveillance footage,
secondly based on experience in this matter (not personal cases mind you) I would fully expect the judge to tell you to claim the damage on your insurance and then have the at-fault party simply pay your deductible, no, that's not right and definitely not fair but for whatever reason judges feel this is a fair award
trust me, I feel for you, people make mistakes and no one was apparently harmed by you running the stop sign, these creeps were just looking for a reason to mess with someone and unfortunately it was one of us
I'm a believer of an eye for an eye, if it were me I would likely be so furious if I ever found them out I would scratch the living crap out of their car, hopefully I would think better of it though but I kinda lose my senses sometimes when it comes to my cars

Pepino
03/03/2008, 05:24 PM
ya i guess ill just leave it like that... but i feel the same when it comes to cars
in mexico city in the gated comunity i live there are people that are jealous of the cars my dad has and at least 4 times we have woken up to go outside and ours cars are full of broken eggs and one time they stole on of our prowlers side mirrors and dented the door also someone tried breaking our mustang side mirror too and one time i caught a bunch of kids about to throw rocks at them and i went after them i swear even if they were like 13 or 14 i was about to kick their a.... it makes me so pissed that you cant even leave your own cars parked outside your own house because people are going to do something bad to them...