PDA

View Full Version : Land Rover LRX Concept

rowhard
03/02/2008, 02:52 PM
Not bad looking.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/land-rover-lrx-concept-black-and-silver/671441/

PHO2GR4
03/02/2008, 05:00 PM
Looks like someone from Major League Baseball pumped steroids instead of gasoline into a Mini Cooper!

It DOES look cool, though.

etlsport
03/02/2008, 05:08 PM
i like.. reminds me of a 2 door FX45.. which ive always liked

JoFotoz
03/02/2008, 06:14 PM
LOVE IT !

In about 10 years when I can't bend my neck enough to get into the Vx (too much rugby!!)...

...that'll be the one for me!

jo

CoastieCosta567
03/02/2008, 06:43 PM
i love it too, kinda looks like a Isuzu Axiom that stepped 10 years in to the future.

Thmstec
03/02/2008, 07:37 PM
That thing does look awesome. Even better than the outside is the inside. Back when they were showing off the white one, they had an iPhone integrated in the center console area which would act at the engine start button.

nfpgasmask
03/03/2008, 08:48 AM
I dunno, looks like an expensive version of the Ford Edge to me. Yes better, but only slightly...

Bart

newthings
03/03/2008, 10:56 AM
That's a stretched Mini Cooper BMW.
Roy

Mark B
03/03/2008, 11:08 AM
I was looking at the Landrover Freelander at one time.
It was somewhat like the VX but not as bad

Chopper
03/03/2008, 03:25 PM
I was looking at the Landrover Freelander at one time.
It was somewhat like the VX but not as badNot As Bad??? The Freelander was/is a total peice of Kaka.

Joe Isuzu
03/03/2008, 05:04 PM
maybe it's a 2000 Dragon thing, but yea, I looked at the freelander as well, I thought it was a very nice looking suv and just the right size, I rented one through enterprise and was surprised that the wimpy engine wasn't all that noticeable while driving,
that's the good news, the bad news is that chopper is right, freelanders are really not the best built things in the world, I kept looking at them afterwards as I still thought they looked nice but dang, even with my pampering I don't think it would last 10 years without interior trim being broken or rattles occurring constantly

Joe Isuzu
03/03/2008, 05:05 PM
with respect the this concept, I agree it looks like the Infiniti FX with a bit of Range Rover Sport in the roof
however, like any land rover, I would definitely buy second-hand unless you just don't care about money, these things depreciate really quickly and it's just not worth buying one new and taking that big of a hit

Gussie2000
12/19/2008, 05:33 PM
I got to admited that it do rose my eyebrow,looks very nice though :cool:

Land rover used to built good SUV's if they produce this one it may be a sale boom.......Depending on the price.

That's exactly happened with th VX,was a boom but the price in 1999 was very steep ( 30,000 ) & since isn't the average driver SUV most people who felt attracted walk away for the price.

iamironman
12/19/2008, 07:51 PM
I'm sorry, I have to... I sincerely am laughing with him though... just couldn't resist... :o

;););)

rose my eyebrow

I think (put VX headlights on it (modernized)) it looks like what the VX would have been if they continued to produce it, though it wouldn't be a "concept"... VX was ahead of it's time... and basically so is this... so if this(with the VX style headlights of course) were something like a VX production Now it too would be ahead of it's time

JHarris1385
05/03/2010, 08:38 AM
Looks like this one will be made...per Automobile mag...debuts 2011

Stephen Biko
07/31/2010, 04:35 PM
It has now been officially announced as the Range Rover Evoque. (http://www.zercustoms.com/news/Range-Rover-Evoque.html)

On the plus side - 2-doors!!! On the minus side - Posh Spice is their big promotional celebrity which suggest off-roading isn't high on the list expected uses. Maybe it will sell like crap and be available for a huge discount...

Luna X
07/31/2010, 05:43 PM
should be a fun UAV... Urban Assault Vehicle (which btw is what my wife and I affectionately call our VX since we don't off-road it)

Triathlete
07/31/2010, 07:11 PM
The front end looks a LOT like the '11 Ford Explorer!:yesy:

Rover...
http://www.zercustoms.com/news/images/Range-Rover/Range-Rover-Evoque-1.jpg

Explorer...
http://www.fordvehicles.com/suvs/explorer/2011/gallery/photos/

vt_maverick
08/01/2010, 04:50 AM
The front end looks a LOT like the '11 Ford Explorer!:yesy:

+1 - And that's not a bad thing at all... :thumbup:

JHarris1385
08/01/2010, 08:19 AM
I said this back in May, post #15

vt_maverick
10/06/2010, 12:45 PM
Take a look at this, being described as a potential competitor to the Land Rover Evoque. It's a concept called the Mini Countryman Coupe:

http://static.blogo.it/eurocarblog/Mini_Countryman_coupe.jpg

http://www.bmwblog.com/2010/09/03/rumors-mini-countryman-coupe-to-be-launched-in-2013/

Stephen Biko
10/06/2010, 03:13 PM
Its like the clown-car version of the land rover.

vt_maverick
10/07/2010, 07:15 AM
I wonder if Mini will ever outgrow that perception...

Stephen Biko
10/07/2010, 10:03 PM
Its inherent in the style of the car. Make something more angular with sharper edges and low-slung and it wouldn't be an issue, but a small car with the sacrifices necessary to achieve that kind of style might not be very drivable either.

RallyDude
10/08/2010, 04:49 AM
I'm guessing these are unibody AWD vehicles? It seems like a better looking Subaru, but no serious wheeling?

vt_maverick
10/08/2010, 06:22 AM
Its inherent in the style of the car. Make something more angular with sharper edges and low-slung and it wouldn't be an issue, but a small car with the sacrifices necessary to achieve that kind of style might not be very drivable either.

Don't know if you've driven a Mini, but they are a blast to drive. With the wheels pushed out to the corners you feel like you're driving a go-cart, and the clutch travel in the 6-speed is so short it's like pushing a button. This is definitely not your dad's Mini. Interestingly the reviews say that the new Countryman actually sacrifices some of that sporty performance to add room.

I'm guessing these are unibody AWD vehicles? It seems like a better looking Subaru, but no serious wheeling?

Yep, no serious offroading here, especially with how low it will likely be to the ground. Not sure how the LRX would compare in terms of ride height and offroad capability.

Stephen Biko
10/08/2010, 04:18 PM
Don't know if you've driven a Mini, but they are a blast to drive. With the wheels pushed out to the corners you feel like you're driving a go-cart, and the clutch travel in the 6-speed is so short it's like pushing a button. This is definitely not your dad's Mini. Interestingly the reviews say that the new Countryman actually sacrifices some of that sporty performance to add room.

That's my point - if they were to make the mini stylish enough to lose the clown-car looks, they might well have to sacrifice drivability in the process.

lasturbo
10/08/2010, 07:11 PM
We can't wait till next October 2011 to get it at our dealership. The hype is good and will see it at the LA Auto Show next month. I saw the LRX concept car in New York a few years ago and they did a good job in keeping with the conceptual design. :bgwb:

Chopper
10/09/2010, 05:16 AM
It was my understanding that the Evoque was NOT an off-road vehicle and that the base version was in fact 2 wheel drive. I know it's about the same size as a Mini. ****I like it. I think it's a handsome vehicle.....(but likely a hunk o not very reliable crap) Land Rover is nothing if not consistant

Riff Raff
10/10/2010, 12:52 PM
It has now been officially announced as the Range Rover Evoque. (http://www.zercustoms.com/news/Range-Rover-Evoque.html)

The new 2011 Land Rover - Evoque. I like it. It's a true Coupe with 2-doors and very cool crisp clean lines, although many other brands of current vehicles share simular body lines (except they are all 4-door vehicles). According to the LR website, it's available in both 2WD & 4WD versions, but I wouldn't say it is off-road worthy. It would make a superior "Snow Vehicle" for a very rich couple (hence, 2-doors) to travel up to the Mountains for some snow-skiing in prestine in-your-face style. True off-road capable it is not, and it should remain in the urban-only environment. BTW; once the rich couple decides to have kids, they will part with it just like the VX and opt for a 4-door family type vehicle.

Price has not officially been announced, but based upon other LR's, I would speculate it will easily be $40+ K and may even approach $50K based upon various options. We'll have to wait and see. The LR - Evoque, is currently being displayed as we speak at the "Paris Motor Show", October 02 -- 17, 2010.

Is it worth a speculated $40+K with only a small turbocharged 2.0L and only worthy of being an inclement weather "snow vehicle" (at best)??? I would say, NO. In the meantime, I'll just stick with my off-road worthy Proton VX, and keep my fingers crossed for the Hummer H4/HX or perhaps the retro Ford Bronco (if either are ever built).

What would I do if I had an extra $40K sittin' around to blow on a car??? That's easy-- I'd buy a slightly used 2006 Corvette Z-06 in Velocity Yellow with 505HP and never look back!!!

:bgwb:

JHarris1385
10/10/2010, 08:50 PM
Motor Trend lists as 2wd only.

vt_maverick
10/11/2010, 11:32 AM
Multiple sources (Autoweek, MSN Autos, Car and Driver, Automobile Magazine, Inside Line, etc.) all say the US will get both a 2WD and 4WD/AWD version.

Here's one: LandRover's Press Release (Dated 22 Sep 10) (http://www.landrover.com/gl/en/lr/about-land-rover/news-overview/2090171/)

"The Evoque will be the first Range Rover to offer customers a choice between a full-time four-wheel-drive system, which delivers outstanding performance and traction on all surfaces, and an even lower carbon, front-wheel-drive option for further enhanced fuel economy."

Riff Raff
07/21/2011, 12:27 AM
Sorry there VT; but 100% of all Range Rover - EVOQUE vehicles exported to the USA will only be AWD/4WD, as the 2WD version will NOT be available for sale in the USA. Instead of a traditional transfer case shift lever, there is Push-Button "Terrain Type" functions (i.e. Normal Mode push-button; Gravel/Snow push-button; Mud/Ruts push-button; Sand push-button).

Hat's off to Range Rover for making a cool lookin' 2-Door Coupe (and available 4-door) in the new EVOQUE. Although the price of admission is very expensive!!!

http://www.landrover.com/us/en/rr/range-rover-evoque/

:bgwb:

vt_maverick
07/21/2011, 09:20 AM
Nice work Riff, you criticized a post that was made 9 months before the Evoque was actually available to "Build" on Land Rover's website. Those sources were all that was available at the time, and they all pointed to a 2WD US model. But I guess you're right. :rolleyes:

http://www.phathom.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/hindsight.jpg

VX KAT
07/21/2011, 10:48 AM
:thumbup: Kind of has an Axiom and Ford Edge flavor, only much better....me REALLY likey!!
Too bad Land Rover's reliability is so notoriously terrible...I'm afraid of getting stuck out in the boonies ....ya know, where I LIVE, and closest dealer 100 miles away :(. We sold our D90 just when stuff was going South.

samneil2000
07/21/2011, 11:29 AM
Now that it's made by Tata motors, I'm sure reliability is going to be better. Plus, that has so much in common with these racks you are famous for Kat.