PDA

View Full Version : Acceration problem

jims585
02/29/2008, 08:59 AM
Driving 60 tried to pass, and when I floored it the transmission tried to down shift but there was no responce. There was a hesitation then nothing. Does this sound like a fuel pressure or maybe a fuel filter problem. This vx is only used about once a month.:confused::confused::confused:

snowtrooper1966
02/29/2008, 09:17 AM
I would say with my limited experience that the fuel filter would be a good place to start, since the VX is not driven regularly. I'm sure others will chime in...
Best,
James

Y33TREKker
02/29/2008, 09:24 AM
A faulty fuel pressure regulator also seems to cause a myriad of similar problems and is also a relatively easy and inexpensive part to change. (Of course I say that while the new one I've been meaning to install has been sliding around on my back floorboard for about two months now.) :)

etlsport
02/29/2008, 09:27 AM
id agree with the fuel pressure reg. i had issues with my vx where id accelerate fine but then as i hit 3500-4000 rpms i would get what could only be described as a hiccup, where the engine felt like it was frozen at that rpm for a second then wouold take off again as normal, fuel pressure regulator greatly helped that problem

y33.. be careful.. i did a similar thing with waiting and guess i bounced the fpr around a little too much because as soon as i installed the new one i was running rich.. so had to replace it AGAIN.. and now all is well

Y33TREKker
02/29/2008, 09:34 AM
y33.. be careful.. i did a similar thing with waiting and guess i bounced the fpr around a little too much because as soon as i installed the new one i was running rich.. so had to replace it AGAIN.. and now all is well

I took it out of the box just to see what it looked like when I first got it, but have to admit I didn't pay real close attention to how it was constructed. I wonder if there's any way to determine if it's still in good working order before installation?