PDA

View Full Version : Snowtrooper Jr

snowtrooper1966
02/28/2008, 09:11 PM
I was looking at my thread I started "Enter the Dragon" tonight. My 2.5 year old was standing next to me looking at the screen. I was on the first post and he points up to the VX and says "Dragon"....
Then he points to my avatar and says "Papa".....
(insert sappy tear jerker muzak here;))
I have told him the VX is our Dragon, but I have no idea how he knew the snowtrooper was my(our, he is James W Barron, Jr.!) avatar. Guess it's in his genes!
I think he loves the Dragon as much as I do!
Best,
James

nfpgasmask
02/29/2008, 08:50 AM
That's good. Gotta make the youngsters appreciate what's cool as early as possible! ;) Just make sure you teach him how cool the place were you live is also!

Its funny, I have met a lot of people out West who have lived in the area their whole lives, and so many of them take for granted what we have out here. The mountains and the trees and all the beauty is just normal to them. I am still fascinated and completely in love with my decision to leave the east.

Bart

snowtrooper1966
02/29/2008, 09:50 AM
I hear ya!
I moved here 5 seasons ago. I now live at the top of the mountain at the resort! My front bay windows look up at the ski are and lifts. I do sometimes forget how lucky I am. I hope Snowtrooper Jr realizes just how lucky he is to be breathing clear air and to have been born here.
James

snowtrooper1966
02/29/2008, 05:30 PM
Here are a few pix from inside our pad:

The first three are from inside my living room, looking up at the ski area. I could literaly throw a rock (really hard;)) and hit the first lift.

Upper bay windows and detail:688689

out the front door:690

Dragon @ the Chalet:691

Behind the Dragon looking at the halfpipes:692

With views like this, it's hard to complain about much! I just hope as Snowtrooper Jr gets older, he can appreciate how lucky he is, and dosen't want to run off to the city too soon.....
Best,
James