PDA

View Full Version : well....i think i might finally be back

pbkid
02/27/2008, 12:29 PM
hey guys, it looks like im gonna be coming back to the family...the VX is in the shop and they have a new motor for it and a check...should be fixed in the next couple of days....just thought i would stop by and say hi because its been way way way too long...

tom4bren
02/27/2008, 01:28 PM
Cool. Nuthin sadder than a VX on blocks.

ZEUS
02/27/2008, 02:42 PM
AWESOME! Making the Moab trek again then... with a VX this time I mean?

Ldub
02/27/2008, 02:51 PM
Well DANG...that's what I like to come home to, some good news!:thumbup:
Hope your truck is up & running soon & you're able to come play in Moab.:naughty:

rowhard
02/27/2008, 02:52 PM
speaking of engines, has anyone heard how that guy we passed the hat for made out with his engine deal? Kind of forgot about it till I saw this, hope it's not the same guy.

Ldub
02/27/2008, 02:55 PM
speaking of engines, has anyone heard how that guy we passed the hat for made out with his engine deal? Kind of forgot about it till I saw this, hope it's not the same guy.

Sorry in advance for the thread jack, Jack...:rolleyesg

But yeah, I'm pretty sure the mystery Astral I keep seeing around FGO is the tritons moon dood...apperently didn't like saying goodbye.

Chopper
02/27/2008, 03:57 PM
Sorry in advance for the thread jack, Jack...:rolleyesg

But yeah, I'm pretty sure the mystery Astral I keep seeing around FGO is the tritons moon dood...apperently didn't like saying goodbye.
HA!! Do they ever???

Ldub
02/27/2008, 04:05 PM
HA!! Do they ever???

LOL...well, that one dood (bear54?) dragged it out for a while.:smilewink

Chopper
02/27/2008, 04:07 PM
Da Bear....yeah, that was funny. Went out with a hissy fit:p

ZEUS
02/27/2008, 05:17 PM
And I still have his worthless 8" wired VX... well worthless to me anyway. :mad:

MSHardeman
02/27/2008, 05:30 PM
Well DANG, welcome back Jack. I'm happy to hear that your VX is coming back to life. Now you can come to Moab and scare the living bejeebus out us by getting your entire body out of the car as you spot an obsticle and STILL not take your foot off the pedels.

tomdietrying
02/27/2008, 06:31 PM
Kid,good to hear everything is coming along. Hope you can make it to Moab.
I have one question for you. If I remember correct, you sprayed a test area on one of your fenders with some product. I liked it because it wasn't too thick. Do you know the name of that product and where can you get it?

Zues, I think you did some fenders too. What did you use?

Peace.
Tom

ZEUS
02/27/2008, 08:35 PM
I sprayed the cladding with Dupli-Color truck bed coating. I think Ldub used the same stuff when he sprayed on his "bra".

Ldub
02/27/2008, 08:59 PM
I sprayed the cladding with Dupli-Color truck bed coating. I think Ldub used the same stuff when he sprayed on his "bra".

And I haven't had a problem with redness & chafing since.

tom4bren
02/28/2008, 09:34 AM
Tmd:)

pbkid
02/29/2008, 08:08 AM
well thanks guys, im excited to get back into the community...yea im gonna be goin to moab this year. i will be requesting it off to my boss soon here...
tom, i wasnt very impresed with the spray on stuff i used. it stuck great on certain parts of the vx and other parts it kinda peeled a little....excited to get her back on the road again....on a second note of getting her back on the road, does anyone have any leads to a kaiser drivers side fender? or any door motors? im trying to get everything fixed so my vx is fully functioning...
oh, does anyone have any spare drivers seats too? mine wont tilt anymore..