PDA

View Full Version : Enter the Dragon!

snowtrooper1966
02/23/2008, 08:35 PM
Greetings!
Well, today is the day!
My Dragon that I bought from forum member, DrDavid4u, arrived in Reno Friday night. It was going to be two to three more days if I waited for delivery to Mammoth, and possibly more depending on weather. My girlfriend volunteered to drive me out to get it, and I wanted to meet the Reno VX crew, so off we went.

Spent the night Fiday, and after little sleep, woke nfpgasmask up at 7am (sorry). He had pervious engagements, but gave me CrnCnn's phone number.
I called him at 7:15 (sorry as well) and he was very receptive to hear from me unsolicited. I asked if he wanted to meet me at the yard where my Dragon was waiting, and prehaps have breakfast afterward. He said he was up for that, and agreed to meet me at 9am.

I get to the yard, and see my Dragon waiting for me. It was surreal. After all the negotiating, and waiting, there it was!

Next thing I know, I see TWO VX's pulling in the driveway! CrnCnn had rousted Ascinder, and suddenly we had a mini meet going on! It was unreal seeing first hand people's reactions to not one, but three VX's mobbing down the street, my Dragon, CrnCnn's Astral and Ascinder's lifted Ironman.

At breakfast, they graciously answered all my newbie questions, and we had a blast getting to know each other.

Out into the parking lot, I figured it was a good time for a photo op:

No, we did not eat at the bar;)

I can't begin to express my gratitude and joy for these members and thier ladies to come meet a complete stranger and be part of my Dragon day at the drop of a hat. These members are a class act, and I just am sorry nfpgasmask couldn't make it.
I look forward to seeing them again soon. You guys have an open invitation to Mammoth anytime!
I can hook you up with a discount here at the Mammoth Mountain Inn, and lift tickets as well.
Best (day!)
James
snowtrooper1966

Ldub
02/23/2008, 08:47 PM
Congrats on finally taking posession of your sweet ride...Happy Motoring!:dance:

snowtrooper1966
02/23/2008, 08:53 PM
After leaving the Reno VX crew, it was time to drive back to Mammoth and try to beat the storm. What better way to get aquainted with my Dragon than to take a journey in the ice and snow....
The dive out of Reno was dry.
But heading into Carson City, it started to snow. Nice big flakes, a great test for the Dragon and me.
I have driven alot of vehicles in the snow, living up here for five years now, and I gotta say that I never felt so comfortable and in control. There was the slight reservation that I was driving my own new $13.5K Dragon, but that wore off pretty quickly, especially with the Nitto shoes!
Made it to Mammoth without any problems.
Went to the store, and by then it was getting dark and dumping! Drove the last 4 miles up to the resort and my Chalet.
The Dragon definately was the right choice for where I live!
Unloaded everything and went to the guest paking garage to make love to the Dragon one more time for the night. I couldn't resist deicing the VX and taking a few more pix.
I can't thank all of you enough for the advice, indulgence and fellowship!
Here's to meeting more of you and sharing in the VX universe!
Best,
James
snowtrooper1966

snowtrooper1966
02/23/2008, 08:56 PM
Thanks, Ldub!
With you living in Fargo, I am sure you know what I'm talking about when it comes to the capabilities of the VX in the snow!

Ldub
02/23/2008, 09:01 PM
Thanks, Ldub!
With you living in Fargo, I am sure you know what I'm talking about when it comes to the capabilities of the VX in the snow!

Mmmm yeah...little bit.:rolleyesg

But I gotta give a lot of credit to Nitto tires too.:smilewink

:_snowplow

JHarris1385
02/23/2008, 09:14 PM
Looks great man, congrats......My little brother just spotted a dragon green around my neck of the woods...I have still never seen anythign other than white and astral....

MSHardeman
02/23/2008, 10:57 PM
snowtrooper,

Congratulations on receiving your baby and welcome to the obsession. As you found out when you own a VX there are no strangers. I had a very similar experience when I went to Chicago to pick my VX up a couple of years ago. I met some great people, and look forward to seeing them again. If you can, try to make it out to Moab in May to meet some more of the family. It's like getting together a bunch of old friends that you haven't seen in a while.

CrnCnn
02/23/2008, 11:40 PM
Well man I gotta say thank you, it was a good mornig. Got the chance to meet two new really cool people that have joined the VX family and have a nice little Denny's breakfast at the same time. The rest of us got together tonight for some pool and beers, too bad you had to go back to work.

Scott Harness
02/24/2008, 05:47 AM
Welcome to the family! (addiction) You have to get to Moab.

VCrossfan
02/24/2008, 11:37 AM
Welcome James, nice post...:_snowplow:_steering

snowtrooper1966
02/24/2008, 11:46 AM
Thanks!
Love the snowplow smiley!
I have been in the plow since 4am. We have had over 4 feet in the last 24 hours.....

Chopper
02/24/2008, 02:01 PM
wish i had snow to play in:( Just not here

snowtrooper1966
02/24/2008, 02:27 PM
You can come share ours!

nfpgasmask
02/24/2008, 03:01 PM
Nice! The Dragon looks good! Sorry again I missed you! Next time for sure and DEFINITELY for Moab!

;) Bart

snowtrooper1966
02/24/2008, 03:44 PM
Hey, Bart!
Not too sure about MOAB this season. Already had vacation plans for later this season that will leave me with no days to take off. I willl, now having the perfect vehicle for the occasion, make it a priority for next year!
James

Triathlete
02/24/2008, 03:55 PM
Congrats! The picture of the VX in the snow in front of your place with the lights on (the next to the last one) is definately a calandar worthy shot...make sure to submit it when they start putting next years together!

snowtrooper1966
02/24/2008, 10:10 PM
Thanks!
The last two snow shots were at the same moment. One with flash (where the flakes obliterate the image) and the one you like was without flash. Someone else apparently likes one of the othe photos (CrnCnn)! He cropped a detail of him and his VX out of the group shot in my first post in this thread and is using it for his avatar at the moment. Hope that one sticks for awhile, bro!
Best,
James

BTW, speaking of pix, did I err when I posted these? They appear so small in the thread, even though they are enlarged when you click on them......

Ldub
02/24/2008, 10:25 PM
BTW, speaking of pix, did I err when I posted these? They appear so small in the thread, even though they are enlarged when you click on them......

When you add pics, look for a dropdown menu across the top when you get into your gallery selections.
That'll have your options for display.

CrnCnn
02/24/2008, 10:46 PM
Someone else apparently likes one of the othe photos (CrnCnn)! He cropped a detail of him and his VX out of the group shot in my first post in this thread and is using it for his avatar at the moment. Hope that one sticks for awhile, bro!
Best,
James

Hope that was cool. I think it works good for an avatar. I got the original you posted as my computer desktop now.

snowtrooper1966
02/24/2008, 11:11 PM
More than cool. Rachel was flattered!
James