PDA

View Full Version : Lifting the VX

crager34
02/22/2008, 01:51 PM
Since I moved back to the West, I am going to be lifting my baby to get ready for the 2008 Moab meet (I live in Moab now). So, I am looking at http://www.rocky-road.com/vehicross.html (the complete set up, cause the Rancho 9000's are getting old). Opinions please?

Ldub
02/22/2008, 02:39 PM
I've heard a lot of good feedback on the OME shocks from a friend of mine that has em' on his 2-door Trooper.

CSTYLES
02/22/2008, 03:24 PM
Overall, I had a good experience with Rocky Road. They have the best price I could find for OMEs, but they got me on the shipping. The good news is that they're in Utah.

Glenn was very responsive to emails, but not very interested in negotiating.

Lizardmen3477
02/22/2008, 05:28 PM
Let me no if you get some as i am in maryland to maybe we could both buy and split the shipping or something maybe discount??

Triathlete
02/22/2008, 09:33 PM
I got my OME912's through RR and had a very good buying experience. Easy to deal with, best price and for me the shipping was reasonable.
I only have one question. What does the "kit" come with? The reason I ask is because if it is only springs (2) and shocks (4) that only comes up to $276.60 The kit is $423. Does it have some kind of extras and are they really worth the extra $$$$$?

Ldub
02/23/2008, 04:33 AM
I got my OME912's through RR and had a very good buying experience. Easy to deal with, best price and for me the shipping was reasonable.
I only have one question. What does the "kit" come with? The reason I ask is because if it is only springs (2) and shocks (4) that only comes up to $276.60 The kit is $423. Does it have some kind of extras and are they really worth the extra $$$$$?

The price on their site is per unit, not pair, which I find a bit odd.(unless you fubar a shock & just need one) If you get the whole kit with four shocks & two springs, you save a whopping $.16 :smilewink