PDA

View Full Version : Teflon Chambers Not available

Chopper
02/21/2008, 03:51 PM
Hope they make more. Decided the new sneaks needed new wheels... I'll keep looking.

PHO2GR4
02/21/2008, 06:35 PM
You mean I'm driving on a set of collector's items?

I still have the original boxes!!!! :gring:

cyronman
02/21/2008, 06:52 PM
Hey Chopper,

late last year when I was buying my set they were on national backorder. I wonder if they had any distributed since then.
Anyway, not sure if you only tried AR but I PM'd you the source I got mine from even though AR said they were unavailable at the time.

nfpgasmask
02/22/2008, 10:43 AM
Wow, yeah, I had to go on a massive hunt for them myself.

I can't imagine they will be gone forever with the popularity of them and all. Maybe they are just waiting to restock them? I wish I knew the story behind these rims. I mean, if the demand is there, you would think the supply would follow, especially by now.

You might try these:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&dfsp=1&catref=C6&from=R10&_trksid=m37&satitle=teflon+chamber&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=89523&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1

I would definitely MAKE SURE they have them in stock, and MAKE SURE they have the 6x5.5s NON GM truck version. I actually ended up getting all 5 of mine off a guy on eBay. He was called "Tom's Wheels" in southern Indiana somewhere.

EDIT: Found him, call this guy, his name is Tom and he is super nice, he is the one who sold me my Chambers. I would see if he has/can get them.

http://stores.ebay.com/Toms-Discount-Wheels

Bart

cyronman
05/30/2008, 03:22 PM
So on Tuesday, I noticed 2 Jeeps with the Chambers on.
Then yesterday, just a street over from my place, there's a blacked-out Jeep (thought of you, Gasmask) with them on too. And guess what I see today...another one. Rubicon with Chambers.

They must be easier to find in the Jeep's fitting or something...?

nfpgasmask
05/30/2008, 03:34 PM
So on Tuesday, I noticed 2 Jeeps with the Chambers on.
Then yesterday, just a street over from my place, there's a blacked-out Jeep (thought of you, Gasmask) with them on too. And guess what I see today...another one. Rubicon with Chambers.

They must be easier to find in the Jeep's fitting or something...?

Were they the regular Chambers or the Teflon coated ones? All I know is they were kind of a beotch to get a hold of when I ordered mine, but they always said they would have more in stock later, so maybe they finally have a good stock of them now or something??? I still think they are the coolest rims I have seen to date. I really like the Teflon Mojaves too. I think kodiak needs to lift his Proton and put some big meat on with some Teflon Mojaves. Just do it man, so I can see it. :)

Bart

cyronman
05/30/2008, 03:46 PM
Were they the regular Chambers or the Teflon coated ones?
Bart

They were the TEFLONS, just like us, man.
That's how I noticed them.

Fn gas--I wish I could drive my VX every day. You get more looks from "competitors" (SUVs/Jeeps/FJs) than you do sippers--and I get so many looks.

nfpgasmask
05/30/2008, 04:14 PM
I wish I could drive my VX every day.

Man, I love driving my VX every day...but I am also starting to hate it. I just filled up for $66.40. This $4/gallon crap is really starting to take a bite outta my "fun" money.

Bart

KaNGiX
05/30/2008, 05:10 PM
8 hours a day, 6 days a week, all city driving. I like it... i get 10+ comments a week. Seems to get more comments in the inner city then anywhere else.

cyronman
05/30/2008, 06:21 PM
8 hours a day, 6 days a week, all city driving. I like it... i get 10+ comments a week. Seems to get more comments in the inner city then anywhere else.

Don't get me wrong...I like it too. But I drive all day long for work and filling up the VX every other day would have cost me to work. So I bought a little p.o.s. 90 Civic for $900 that has 220k miles and still gets ~32 MPG.
And gas down here has just hit the 4.50 mark :mad:
Well, the job ain't gonna last that much longer, so I can sell off the Civic and go back to alternating between the VX and Ducati.

I was going to start a seperate thread about this...:rolleyes:

Hey where's Chopper been lately, anyway?