PDA

View Full Version : Front window rubber seal came off

Native_V_ha
06/15/2003, 11:21 AM
The black rubber seal on the top of my VX comes right off...How do i fix it, is it worth it to go to the dealer and have them take care of it IF its still under warrenty and also will the other black seals eventually come off in the near future...Or should i just have someone reseal the whole thing again? Thanks guys, i just had a lot of mods done to this car don't want this MD rainy summer to damage anything. I appreciate any input.
~Native`~

Tone
06/16/2003, 02:46 PM
I’d suggest taking it to the dealer or post a picture of the offending seal.

Also, how about some pics / specs of your sub and DVD/Nav system?

Leah
06/16/2003, 09:48 PM
The black rubber around my door frame (driver's side) is tearing off. My husband said it's the part of the rubber that channels water away from the window. No water leaks in, but I don't know what effect losing all of that channel will have. Is that what's happening to you? Or is your entire rubber seal coming off? Mine is just splitting, sort of. It's hard to describe. I guess I would need a picture.

Native_V_ha
07/13/2003, 10:38 PM
Yeah its the whole thing. I can swing it around like a whip...Its only the top strip. I was thinking of just having all the rubber parts around the windows and the headlights resealed by someone who does it professionally. I don't mess with the auto stuff, thats not my field of work, i leave it to the professionals. Yeah it probably going to cost me, but hey, better it done right. And insured, i treat my VX like people treat there pets...But for now i just slap that part back in, and push the rubber part under the window til its a snug fit, it doesn't come off unless something directly hits it from the corner...I probably just need to add glue or adhesive but like i said....i am will get it done professionally all around when i have the time...but its straight for now...

And i am coming with those pics....i am trying to get alot of stuff done to my VX, i am almost finished with the interior system....next is the outside...I've seen 2 VX ironman, one regular white one and another one with words on the window about God... in VA around the crystal city area...i wonder who they are.... but pics will be soon, :cool:

Heraclid
07/14/2003, 04:03 PM
I have a rubber strip on the driver's door that gets goofed up (folded up under itself) just about every time the window goes up. It's happening to the last couple of inches at the top of the strip on the right edge of the window if you're looking at the left side of the VX. Maybe when I get the windows fixed (fingers crossed), that will self-correct. I keep having to slide something in there and work it back out.

Native_V_ha
07/23/2003, 11:51 AM
Hey guys, I went to a widow repair shop and the guy at the guy at the desk liked my VX so much he fixed the problem for free....so its resealed finally...:D .... Now to get the head lights resealed and find someone to modify my shift knobs...