PDA

View Full Version : I need a helper for window fix "video". Please.

Bulldoggie
02/13/2008, 08:35 AM
Posted earlier on another thread;

Video fix instructions Anyone?????

Anyone near me, with a window problem, want to get together and make a video of me adjusting their window?
I will process the DVD copies and make them available to all for cost. about $2.00 + shipping.
Oh! and I will adjust your window for free labor!

UPDATE;

My cheap epoxy repaired window tab has finally come unglued. So now I will need to replace my broken window tab.
Is there anyone willing to video me making the repair?
All that is needed is someone who can focus a camera. If you have a video camera even better.
I will drive a reasonable distance to your location and do all the labor, less than 2 hours time.
I will do all the encoding to DVD.
I will make the file available to anyone who would like to put it on You Tube.

tom4bren
02/13/2008, 09:12 AM
Too far for me Dude. Sorry. You may be better off just doing still shots.

Moncha
02/13/2008, 11:00 AM
Do the DVD if you really want, I can also host the video so it can be freely distributed from the site..

Bulldoggie
02/13/2008, 11:17 AM
Do the DVD if you really want, I can also host the video so it can be freely distributed from the site..

Thanks Scott, What file format do you prefer? Size?

Moncha
02/13/2008, 11:18 AM
avi is universal, try to keep it to a 100mb or less if possible. Still got to watch for the dial-up crowd.

Bulldoggie
02/13/2008, 01:13 PM
avi is universal, try to keep it to a 100mb or less if possible. Still got to watch for the dial-up crowd.

I would have guessed jpeg.
avi. is there a resolution pref. ? 460x ?
I was planning on making a series of chapters, or books.
With chapter 1 = Removing door panel ...ect..

Dial-up users may still prefer to wait for a DVD.
I have Dial-up friends, that don't even like to be sent still pictures:(

If you host it, will people be able to download it, so they can refer to it without being online?
Would it be easier for me to mail you a completed DVD in TS folder (same as rented movies) or would you still prefer avi. on a disk?

I know there are good picture galleries of removing the door panel, ect..
and I've posted pictures of my repair, in my gallery, with descriptions.
I believe a video will be a great reference for people less inclined to using tools, but I think it is a great waste of money, to have the dealers replace everything, only to have the problem resurface later.

I do not have a set of Tim's steel window tabs, but I was planning on having a chapter explaining the advantages of using his and why.

I'm planning a chapter that includes removing the glass from the door, for those that might need to take that step also.

don moore
02/13/2008, 01:29 PM
well Im just down the road....Eugene

what do you need?

Bulldoggie
02/13/2008, 03:42 PM
well Im just down the road....Eugene

what do you need?

You:rolleyes:

Don, you are close enough.
A few hours during daylight, hopefully dry? During a weekend or holiday.

Are you in?

don moore
02/13/2008, 07:49 PM
sure...Im going to chicago this weekend..be back tuesday..give me a call

ill send you my cell#;)

Bulldoggie
02/13/2008, 08:08 PM
sure...Im going to chicago this weekend..be back tuesday..give me a call

ill send you my cell#;)

Thanks, Don
Glad to get this started.

Bulldoggie
02/13/2008, 08:14 PM
OOOPS,
Thanks, Scott

I will update you as this progresses.

Take care of your knee.

kpaske
02/14/2008, 11:55 AM
If things don't work out with Don, you can still come up here to help me fix mine. I can hold a camera steady, no problem!

Bulldoggie
02/14/2008, 03:20 PM
If things don't work out with Don, you can still come up here to help me fix mine. I can hold a camera steady, no problem!

I thought your "Quick sale and move" might have cancelled Our plans to do that.
Did you get the new tabs? Let me know when you are ready.:grino:

If you can get a hold of a camera, we could edit both into the video.
I will bring everything to import it on to HD.

As I have posted before; "I will gladly help anyone, within a reasonable distance, fix their windows.:yeso:

JAFO
02/14/2008, 11:14 PM
Still looking for a vehicle? I up for it!

I'm down it Corvallis often.

Maybe we could get Techy-D if you need more.

JHarris1385
02/15/2008, 05:09 AM
Bulldoggie - Im just in Indiana, southern Indiana that is. Wanna make a road trip to fix my windows???? Joking of course. This is a great idea to video tape it. You will use or wont use the SBC rails?

Bulldoggie
02/15/2008, 09:06 AM
Still looking for a vehicle? I up for it!

I'm down it Corvallis often.

Maybe we could get Techy-D if you need more.

I will be happy for any and all assistance:bgwo:
If any of you have a window issue, lets take a look inside:grino:
I'll PM you.

Bulldoggie
02/15/2008, 09:25 AM
Bulldoggie - Im just in Indiana, southern Indiana that is. Wanna make a road trip to fix my windows???? Joking of course. This is a great idea to video tape it. You will use or wont use the SBC rails?

I do not have one of Tim's Metal tabs. I wish I did.
Kyle was going to order a set, But I'm not sure if he still wants to put them in.
I still plan on covering Tim's tabs in the video, the horizontal adjustment is best made with his solution, a critical part of the adjustment process.

I will review all previous fixes and problems that I have researched from this site. They all have played a part in getting to the problem.
There are at least six very important players in my research, some don't even realize they played a part, but they're comments gave me clues that ended up being very important.
I printed and studied over 85 pages of window threads, before I made my first post.
This site has no equal, when it comes to helping others.
I'm more than happy to give back, and give credit to everyones involvement.

PHO2GR4
02/15/2008, 09:50 AM
Hey! I've got the specially-made metal tab set, but I haven't set aside the time to try the fix.

I'm up in Seattle, near Kyle, if you'd like to have a meetup/window fix/beer party. Let me know!

I have a Canon ZR miniDV videocamera, which I've used to successfully upload video (and audio) of my muffler upgrade. So I know that it is vehicross.info-friendly!

Man, it would be nice to have my windows fixed before summer...

PS: I can also provide still photos for a window-fix "How To..." gallery.

ChicagoKelly
02/15/2008, 09:58 AM
Hi everyone - what's the BEST way to permanently fix the binding window problem?

Both windows on my 99 VX keeps coming off the rail. I open door and adjust. Works once or twice and slips off AGAIN. Car is at mechanic now and I'd like to tell him best way to PERMANENTLY fix this (he doesn't get a ton of VX's there). I don't want him to just put the window on the rail and charge me for that. I heard somewhere on this board that you need to install a slightly longer track, drill holes in it, and attach the window that way? Can't recall specifics??

Thanx in Advance
- Kelly:)

Bulldoggie
02/15/2008, 10:01 AM
Hey! I've got the specially-made metal tab set, but I haven't set aside the time to try the fix.

I'm up in Seattle, near Kyle, if you'd like to have a meetup/window fix/beer party. Let me know!

I have a Canon ZR miniDV videocamera, which I've used to successfully upload video (and audio) of my muffler upgrade. So I know that it is vehicross.info-friendly!

Man, it would be nice to have my windows fixed before summer...

PS: I can also provide still photos for a window-fix "How To..." gallery.

I'm up for it. I visit my mom near Centralia often. Just off exit 68?
If we could stay below Olympia, it would be better for me.
If it is dry out side a parking lot is good enough.
I think there is a lot of members that want to see the metal tabs installed:grino: including me.

Bulldoggie
02/15/2008, 11:31 AM
Hi everyone - what's the BEST way to permanently fix the binding window problem?

Both windows on my 99 VX keeps coming off the rail. I open door and adjust. Works once or twice and slips off AGAIN. Car is at mechanic now and I'd like to tell him best way to PERMANENTLY fix this (he doesn't get a ton of VX's there). I don't want him to just put the window on the rail and charge me for that. I heard somewhere on this board that you need to install a slightly longer track, drill holes in it, and attach the window that way? Can't recall specifics??

Thanx in Advance
- Kelly:)

I hope to have this video available by spring or late march at the latest.
If you want to get started sooner. you should search "window fix"
or you can click on my user name and look for posts that pertain to windows.
sorry for not providing a group of links.

kpaske
02/15/2008, 02:05 PM
I thought your "Quick sale and move" might have cancelled Our plans to do that.
Did you get the new tabs? Let me know when you are ready.:grino:

If you can get a hold of a camera, we could edit both into the video.
I will bring everything to import it on to HD.
No, I didn't get new tabs because I don't think mine are broken, I just wonder if that might work out to be a more permanent fix. It's looking like we might not be moving for a few more months, so I've got a little more time to play with. If you think we can fix it permanently without changing the tabs, I'd rather save the money.

As for a camera, I'm wanting to buy one for my trip but that might have to wait for the tax return to come in. The one I have now is 3.2 MP and does great still shots if you just want to put together a regular HOW TO, but the video isn't very good quality.

If we have enough Seattle area folks, I'd be up for a mini-meet / window fix party. Olympia is fine for me, or my house is about 30 minutes North of there if we can't come up with a better location. I've got all the basic tools and live in a cul de sac so there would be plenty of parking room. A sunny, pleasant, weekend day in the PNW wouldn't be too much to hope for, would it?

Bulldoggie
02/15/2008, 02:31 PM
Kyle,
It looks like we can get Pho2gr4 to supply the camera and pro skill too.
He has the steel tabs so that will be covered also.
But lets get yours done at the same time.
If I have to drive up that far, let's make the most of it.
If we all can meet somewhere around Olympia, hopefully one of the first two weekend in March, that would be awsome!!!
I will get SS bolts ,nuts, and washers.
I'll let Pho2gr4 bring his choice of glues.
I'll E-mail John, he's usually up for a meet.

If I spend the night @ mom's on a Friday, we meet on a Saturday, I spend Saturday night @ Mom's.
I could make the extra distance to your place.
But you'll have to un-wind my girls

PHO2GR4
02/15/2008, 08:39 PM
I can do Sunday, March 9th or Sat/Sun, March 15/16.

The window problem has really been a thorn in my VX's side. With that fixed, it'll honestly be like having a new car again. Just in time for all of our famous Seattle sunshine.

Eric
http://www.weddingphotos.com

Bulldoggie
02/15/2008, 08:47 PM
I can do Sunday, March 9th or Sat/Sun, March 15/16.

The window problem has really been a thorn in my VX's side. With that fixed, it'll honestly be like having a new car again. Just in time for all of our famous Seattle sunshine.

Eric
http://www.weddingphotos.com

A Saturday would be easier, I would have to take a day off to do Sunday.
Saturday 3-15 looks good, let's try to firm that. Kyle?

Bulldoggie
02/17/2008, 11:53 AM
Bump....

15 march, okay for Oly meet?

I think I'm the only Ore. VX that needs to pull a panel at this time?:(

PHO2GR4
02/17/2008, 12:53 PM
I can be there on the 15th. Just give me an address and a time!

Eric

Bulldoggie
02/17/2008, 01:01 PM
I can be there on the 15th. Just give me an address and a time!

Eric

Great!

I PM'ed Kyle, hopefully that will work for him also.

I have not heard from John, he must be busy?

Bulldoggie
02/18/2008, 01:11 PM
Looks like Kyle is Okay for 3-15 @ his place.

I will post more info as we get closer to that date, but for now it is on.

Anyone wanting to show is invited.

Bulldoggie
03/06/2008, 09:22 AM
Looks like Kyle is Okay for 3-15 @ his place.

I will post more info as we get closer to that date, but for now it is on.

Anyone wanting to show is invited.

The 15th is almost here.
Bump

don moore
03/06/2008, 11:13 PM
sorry ..I wish i could :(go but ill be back from dallas .and going to 4x4 run that weekend with some friend...have fun guys:smilegray

PHO2GR4
03/07/2008, 08:33 AM
I'm still in! But I still need directions to the secret location...

Thmstec
03/07/2008, 08:53 AM
Its great that you guys are making this video! The windows are the only thing (that can be fixed) that are bugging me about my VX. My only question, where can I get these metal tabs from?

don moore
03/07/2008, 09:49 AM
http://www.streetboutiquecustoms.com/vx.htm

Bulldoggie
03/07/2008, 01:17 PM
I'm still in! But I still need directions to the secret location...
Thanks Eric, For staying with it :cool: I think your skills AND needs will be Awsome.:clap:
I will PM you Kyle's #
I don't have his address yet, but will be calling him soon. (today in fact)

I'm going as far as Winlock, no matter what. My Brother and his Wife are visiting my mother the same weekend, so that makes that distance worth it to me. Also means my kids can hang out with them, No distractions!

I think Kyle is closer to Tacoma, I wish we could push that a little south, but to "get UR done" I will push myself. It's about 160mi to Winlock, for me one way! That's why I was hoping for Olympia ;);)

Bulldoggie
03/07/2008, 01:27 PM
http://www.streetboutiquecustoms.com/vx.htm

Tim's website for metal tabs. Thanks Don

Thanks Tim, for making a horizotal adjustment, where it is most needed.

Eric has purchased a set, so it should make the Video. I know a few members have bought them and are waiting to get them installed. Hopefully the waiting will be soon over!!!

Solitude
03/07/2008, 01:30 PM
Tim installed them for me.. was pretty simple.. they work great

Bulldoggie
03/07/2008, 01:37 PM
Tim installed them for me.. was pretty simple.. they work great

That is the goal, to show that it IS EASY, and should be a do it yourself project, not a dealer stealer rip-off

DK
03/08/2008, 06:24 PM
Had the driver's side window replaced because the tabs broke. Now the other one's starting to tilt.

I'm really looking forward to this video.

Bulldoggie
03/08/2008, 06:41 PM
Looks like filming will take place March 15th

rowhard
03/08/2008, 09:05 PM
Still not sure if I will be there, but was talking to a auto glass guy. Wanted to know what adhesive he would use. He, (speedyglass) tend to use a 2 part epoxy. one thing he said and I notice that these brackets from SBC or who ever made doesn't have is 'holes' for the epoxy to ooze out which would give it a good foot hold. makes sense to me.

Bulldoggie
03/09/2008, 10:24 AM
Still not sure if I will be there, but was talking to a auto glass guy. Wanted to know what adhesive he would use. He, (speedyglass) tend to use a 2 part epoxy. one thing he said and I notice that these brackets from SBC or who ever made doesn't have is 'holes' for the epoxy to ooze out which would give it a good foot hold. makes sense to me.

I agree, small holes would "grip" the adhesive better. Even one or two per side.
Hot glue would not be my first choice either.
I would have to do a search, but one of the L.A. area members, bought a $90. tube of 3m window adhesive.
I'll let Eric choose his adhesive.
I will be using "Pool Putty", made by "Epoxybond", to patch holes in swim pools. (to re-do my rear window tab)
Hardens like rock, bonds to most everything, and stick a broken allen wrench in a ball of the stuff and you have a handle. Great stuff. About 11-15 Dollars for two large tubes. Enough to make a (hard) softball.
I think you could mold a water pump cover or repair a impeller blade.

Anyway, good input, and I hope we see you.
Do you have Kyle's address?

rowhard
03/09/2008, 11:36 AM
sounds a bit like JB Weld. Have used that to patch a hole in gearbox side cover on a friends dirty bike one weekend in the middle of no-where.

No, I have no idea where he lives, last I knew, it was Spanaway but he was looking then for another place up north.

PHO2GR4
03/14/2008, 11:26 AM
Okay, I've got an address and my GPS and a video camera and my metal window tabs and some 2-part epoxy.

All I need now is a meeting time! What time are we all meeting? And who all will be there? And who's bringing donuts?
:bwgy:

Bulldoggie
03/14/2008, 12:52 PM
I'm leaving tonight for Winlock, (a few hours from now).
I hope I don't forget anything....
I will hit the road again early Saturday morning (8:30 ?)
Looks like three of us @ Kyle's, around 10 am.
Anyone else may come, if they want to, just PM Kyle, for directions. (Still Spanaway)
Doughnuts are bad for my health :(

A Saint Patty's Beer is healthy?????

Bulldoggie
03/14/2008, 10:03 PM
Just checking in from Winlock.
Gas is about $3.60 here :waag:

:_steering on my way!

I think my brother is going to tag along :homer:

PHO2GR4
03/15/2008, 08:31 AM
I'm leaving in about a half-hour...be there around 10:15 am, with luck!

Eric

kpaske
03/15/2008, 09:26 AM
Groovy, I'll be here. ;Db;

rowhard
03/16/2008, 10:45 AM
So, how did the video shot go?

Bulldoggie
03/16/2008, 11:28 AM
I'm just about ready to head back to Oregon.
I should have better pre-paired myself, but hindsight is always better.
I think the shoot went well, Eric was great. I managed to save his plastic window tabs to redo my broken tabs.:cool:
It was getting dark while we were still working on Kyle's windows.
I think it is important to note again, that Phines window fix, Widening the front window guide is still a very important part of easing the stress on the regulator.
Having 3 sets of windows at one time, showed just how different each Widow problem and adjustment can be.
It wasn't possible to film every detail, but the end result will be clearer to everyone, who has not opened there door panel before, to understand the parts of the window guide and regulator.

P.S. I thought I was taking a short cut home, but I added 40 miles to the distance:eek:
Washington road signs leave out a lot of info.:mad:@ myself.

PHO2GR4
03/16/2008, 04:59 PM
Funny story, though:

Bill had done EVERYTHING right on my passenger side window. Between the disassembly, careful handling with the window tint, carefully removing the still-good plastic window tabs, cleaning it, epoxying the new metal tab, reinstalling, videotaping and narrating...well, it took a few hours.

Strangely, though, with all of the "improvements", the window was actually going up SLOWER than before the fix. We kept tweaking it, and it kept going up slower...and slower...and slower.

Finally, um, we realized that the stereo had been running pretty much all day. And with the constant window use and abuse, we'd completely drained my battery!!! :eek:

So, important safety tip: if your window is going up slowly, check your battery.

Here ends today's sermon.

Bulldoggie
03/16/2008, 05:06 PM
That's what I call A "Then It Hits Me" Moment.

JHarris1385
03/20/2008, 04:11 PM
any news on the video?

PHO2GR4
03/20/2008, 04:52 PM
Sorry everyone...the video is still safely tucked away, untouched, inside the video camera. I've been too busy to even download it to my computer, much less take care of editing, subtitles, music etc.

Unless...unless...are there any iMovie experts out there with too much free time on their hands who would like to take a crack at editing the raw footage?
:bgwg:

rowhard
03/20/2008, 06:09 PM
So Eric, once you got your battery recharged, did those new and improved brackets fix the problem?

XtremeAaron
03/26/2008, 09:34 PM
Sorry everyone...the video is still safely tucked away, untouched, inside the video camera. I've been too busy to even download it to my computer, much less take care of editing, subtitles, music etc.

Unless...unless...are there any iMovie experts out there with too much free time on their hands who would like to take a crack at editing the raw footage?
:bgwg:

Im no expert but im pretty handy at Sony Vegas Pro 8. Also have a webserver to upload to. Would be glad to help!

crager34
03/31/2008, 11:51 AM
I started on mine this past weekend and found a different issue. Inside the door, inside the rubber where the window runs, was very very sticky/tacky. Like there was glue there. So, even with the new metal tabs installed the window wouldn't run up. I ordered some new rubber from St. Charles Isuzu and hopefully that will do the trick.

Serephin
04/03/2008, 11:55 AM
Unfortunately I got my VX (in Seattle) the week after you guys did this so I missed out.

Anything on the video yet? I really wanted to do this fix this weekend and it would be really nice to have a video to work from.

Thanks for working on this!

tom4bren
04/03/2008, 02:22 PM
crager34,

The rubber weather strip on my driver side window went FUBAR so I just cut out the front portion & replaced with felt. Worked like a charm but I still have to add a little extra to remove a tiny bit of wind noise.

Tom

JHarris1385
04/08/2008, 05:44 PM
Done yet?????????????????????

Bulldoggie
04/08/2008, 09:03 PM
Done yet?????????????????????

Editing can be slow and boring! Not getting paid, squeezing it in during "Free Time", assuming you have free time....
My lack of preparation, made the raw footage, just that, RAW!

After filming, I have reflected on the effort, and think there are a few short-cuts, that could improve the technique.
Like bolting the new tabs to the arm, applying the glue, then before to glue sets, set the glass in and raise the glass to center it into the opening.

I totally skipped the "phines" window fix; "Widening the front window track" on Eric's VX.
It's hard to make that type of change to someone else's Beautiful VX. (In hindsight, I should have done All the filming on my VX and I should have brought every tool to demonstrate how to do each step)
Mine was already widened, so that technique was not even filmed.
Eric's did not seem to need that step, but Kyle's would have improved in speed and power, if we had time to complete that step on his.

I wish the distance was not so great, I would have made another stab at fixing Kyle's, and brought some of my tools that worked for me on the widening technique.

Kyle's VX taught me how unique each window adjustment can be.
My window was well worn and broken, Their front window rubber was like brand new, and very tight fitting, so much so, that ANY part of the rubber that was not seated completely in the guide, was enough to stall the window.
To me this means the "phines" fix is important to window speed.
Kyle's window needed a few spacers only on the bottom to prevent the glass from poking out of the rear rubber guide, even though the arm was NOT separating from the regulator. Eric's needed none. Eric's driver door appeared to have been repaired by a Dealer. We found the wires from the lock IN THE GUIDE, being cut by the glass???? The tabs looked tougher than the stock tabs.

Glueing the tabs to the glass in place, would have saved a lot of trial and error adjusting the for and aft placement of the tabs.

Window Tint requires a lot of care not to scratch.

Rain happens, in the NW.

It is also a good idea to have spare "Christmas trees" (the white plastic barbs that hold the door panel to the door) We (I) averaged one broken per door.

Eric has the RAW footage to make the "BASIC" how-to, but not enough footage to make a 'one for all' type of "MANUAL".
The fault there, lies completely on my poor planning, and my lack of experience, only having my own VX repair as my "Expertise".

My window is even better, having Eric's old tabs to replace my broken tabs.
Making the whole experience worthwhile to me. :)
(I don't think we even filmed the method we used to separate the tabs from the glass)

Anyway, if Eric can work some magic with what he does have "In the Can", I think it would take a lot of time to edit in a way that would make sense to Do It Yourself-Ors.
I think it might have to wait for another get-together to tweak the footage to be more all inclusive. (Maybe I should have downloaded his camera while I was there)

Any delays, or soured high expectations, are solely MY FAULT. I did not give Eric a lot to work with. I hope to get this project back on track, but the distance involved is GREAT. I should have better prepared.

Sorry.

Dare2Dream
05/08/2008, 05:05 PM
Dont' worry about any shortcomings, actually you guys really did go above and beyond to help others with the same problem. Regardless of what is not in the video, it certainly will help all of us learn much more about the window issue and provide a general guide to fix it. Even video on basic things like removing the door panel will be a big help and save others time while doing the fix :thumbup:

When do you plan to have version 1 of the video up for viewing? Perhaps the first version doesn't need to be that refined, just have a few parts of the video stringed together with some captions/audio commentary here and there.

Bulldoggie
05/08/2008, 08:43 PM
Kids soccer will be done in another two weeks.
I will try to plan a trip up north soon after, if Eric and Kyle have the time.
If I can get together with Eric, I will download his footage and work on a Raw version (beta 0.1)

JHarris1385
05/09/2008, 05:19 AM
This is great. I have my brackets ready and waiting. Be sure to mention tools needed and the best glue to be used.

Thanks again.

taylorRichie
05/09/2008, 07:40 AM
Hey Jharris, you shouldn't be afraid to jump in and do it... I owned my VX for 4 days, and day one my window broke (actually mile one). I got home, got on this site, everyone said order the SBC, I did. They Came. I took off the door panel, went AHHHHH....

Popped of the remaining tab, glued on the SBC bracket, slid the window back in, and done. 30minutes, work, and a very happy me :)

(BTW I recommend an .mov file, or mp4, the formats used for apple trailers, highly compressible and very high quality)

mrlarrys
05/25/2008, 02:46 PM
Got my brackets today and was wondering if the video is ready yet Before I try to install ??

mrtew
01/11/2009, 06:28 PM
I'm starting to have a feeling that there's no video. I'd be nice to see a bunch of still frames from the video that was shot though. It's scary ripping apart your baby that you've had since it was brand new without much of a clue what you're doing.

PHO2GR4
01/14/2009, 11:48 AM
Actually, I forwarded the raw footage to kpaske for editing. It won't win any Oscars, but I think there is enough info for a decent "how to" short.

PHO2GR4
01/14/2009, 11:50 AM
PS: so far the window fix works just fine. No problems or regrets. :)

ISCE
01/14/2009, 01:03 PM
Thanks guys! Looking forward to the video, I need to fix my windows!

kpaske
01/14/2009, 10:44 PM
<Sigh> Sorry guys, I have the footage, but simply have not had the time to assemble it into a howto. :(

mrtew
01/15/2009, 03:32 AM
<Sigh> Sorry guys, I have the footage, but simply have not had the time to assemble it into a howto. :(

Cool maybe you can grab 10 or 20 screen captures of the important steps and put a little caption under them. Hopefully that would take only an hour or two rather than the days and days to edit a movie into something interesting and then those of us about to make the jump could be a little better prepared.
Is that a good idea or what?!?!?!