PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had a VX towed?

etlsport
02/12/2008, 09:31 PM
Been watching the TV show Parking Wars on A&E (follows the philadelphia parking authority around) and got to thinking, has anyone ever had their VX towed for parking infraction or whatever else? Mainly wanted to know if for whatever reason my VX were to get towed by the parking authority, would they screw it up by towing rear wheels in the air front wheels on the ground like im sure they would? hm might be time to put that 4WD sticker back on my VX!

CoastieCosta567
02/12/2008, 09:38 PM
i did buddy, but for a totally diffrent reason. If i had known it was an electrical problem, man i would have had more mods included already. http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/096.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=9834)

WormGod
02/13/2008, 07:58 AM
Ya, make sure you have some sort of AWD/4WD decal somewhere. From what I hear around my area, if you are towed (2 wheel roll) and there is no visible sign of this info, they are not responsible for damage. And ya, you can get some damage if towed in that manner. Not sure how much truth there is to that.

I have been towed a few times, but by my authority. Always a flatbed.

Chopper
02/13/2008, 08:15 AM
In the city, I'd have one of those nice tacky 4x4 banners across the windshield top, and a 5'' tall, white, 4x4 decal on the rearlight. Never over estimate the average intellect, and their willingness to F%$# up your stuff:mad: A Waterson fan eh? Some of my very favorite stuff:cool:

Triathlete
02/13/2008, 11:32 AM
Unless they tower takes the time to disconnect the drive shaft (like thats going to happen) the only safe way to tow the VX is on a flatbed.

Y33TREKker
02/13/2008, 01:03 PM
A friend of mine (went by Clyde here on VX.info) had his towed one time (not by his choice I might add, but because of a mistake by the towing company), and from what he said it was never the same. Something happened to the trans, the towing company denied responsibility, etc, etc. It was a mess, so much so that he decided to just trade it in on something else.

And apparently the towing company paid no attention to the 4WD badge on the back because I know it was still present.

So yes, I'd also recommend flat-bed if you have any choice in the matter whatsoever.

etlsport
02/13/2008, 01:19 PM
thanks for confirming what i suspected.. I prefer a flatbed for towing of any of my vehicles if i can, regardless of drivetrain.. I did order a couple of all wheel drive decals to go on my VX.. just to be safe, cause I would never park illegally! ;Db;