PDA

View Full Version : The Dragon Has Left Its Nest On The Wings Of DAS!!!

snowtrooper1966
02/12/2008, 02:37 PM
Greetings!
I thought I would share the title of today's email from forum member drdavid4u to me.
I should expect delivery of the Dragon on or before the 22nd!
Best,
James
snowtrooper1966

tom4bren
02/12/2008, 02:42 PM
Cool. I can remember the feelings of frustration when my daughter called & said the Proton was sitting in the driveway but knew I had 1-2 hour commute.:)

Keep us posted.

navistar
02/12/2008, 03:11 PM
Yeah...I remember waiting on mine to arrive. I had it shipped in an enclosed truck for the 1500 mile trip because of the weather and salt between there and here and when she arrived it was a beautiful thing. They backed a grey Astin Martin DB9 out then my Eboni VX. I thought, holy moly a DB9 James Bond car! The drivers and I talked a long time about the VX and they looked her up and down and all around. The DB9 only came up after I made a point of saying I had never seen one up close before. Their response was pretty much that it was just the next car they were dropping off in Denver then on to somewhere else. Anyway, enjoy your new VX and remember that it's "more than just a ride" it's "fanatical"!

nfpgasmask
02/12/2008, 03:44 PM
That's awesome. Be sure to drop us Reno VXers a line when you're up this way...

I'm starting to have anxiety about my Falcon and it hasn't even left OZ yet.

Bart

snowtrooper1966
02/12/2008, 03:58 PM
Wish the wait was only a few hours, but the last hurdle betwixt the Dragon & I is in the process of being jumped!
Add me to the list of the fanatics, as I purchased a vehicle sight unseen from the other side of the country!
I'm sure your Falon will leave the nest soon, Bart!
Best,
James

Triathlete
02/12/2008, 05:02 PM
Plenty of time to prepare for Moab!:cool:
Enjoy the new ride!

don moore
02/12/2008, 09:31 PM
I got mine last week and when i saw it coming down the street to the spot we agreed to meet..All i could do is smile ..and thought after waiting for 6 months..it was sooo worth it..Im still in awww when i see it every morning ..

GRADS..Im happy you got it...;)

snowtrooper1966
02/13/2008, 08:13 AM
Mine will be arriving @ my place of work, so I am sure it will be a big production when the Dragon arrives in front on the auto transport truck...
James

tom4bren
02/13/2008, 08:26 AM
I had an added level of frustration because it took about two weeks to get clear title. So there I was with the greatest truck ever made sitting in my driveway and for the first two weeks the only driving I could do was around the block a couple of times.:mad:

Now life is good - the sun is shining & I get to drive wifey's VX any time I want (yes, I actually bought it for her but I drive it more than she does):)

Chopper
02/13/2008, 08:28 AM
That's great man. Hope he cleaned it up all niice before they loaded it. Make the presentation that much better (unless it's traveling in the open:eek:) Congrats!!

snowtrooper1966
02/13/2008, 11:19 AM
Damn..That would be frustrating, not being able to drive it once it was here. Glad that is all straightened out for you. That was very well planned out, get the wife to buy a VX and let you drive it;)
And no, unfortunately did not spring for the covered shipping. It was an exta 400 bucks, but it will probably be snowing when it arrives, so no one will notice anyway...And it will give me a chance to get really intimate with the Dragon right away and gie it a good bath.....
Best,
James

tom4bren
02/14/2008, 04:07 AM
"That was very well planned out, get the wife to buy a VX and let you drive it"

Almost. I bought it for her so I could drive it. She bought the boat for me so that she could use it.

Life is SWEET.

snowtrooper1966
02/14/2008, 07:56 AM
Hey, Tom
She definatley sounds like a keeper!
Maybe she deserves 2 dozen roses this Vday!
Best,
James

tom4bren
02/14/2008, 08:43 AM
"She definatley sounds like a keeper!"

& good lookin too:):):):):):)

Wasn't kidding when I said Life was sweet.

snowtrooper1966
02/14/2008, 08:47 AM
Always a bonus!
Beautiful on the inside and out!
Lucky man!