PDA

View Full Version : Baby Got Back. (New back, I mean.)

PHO2GR4
02/08/2008, 11:27 AM
What a long, strange trip it's been.

Our story so far: Rainy day, stop sign, BLAM, rear-ended by a guy who seemed uninsured. Minimal damage (to the VX...my neck was another story), but enough that I wanted it fixed.

UPDATE: My local Isuzu body shop made me baby look like new! I have NO IDEA where they found the lower black cladding piece, but they said it was NEW, and it sure looks new. What made me especially happy was that the new piece still matches the old cladding, which I'd assumed would be faded.

Also, the uninsured driver actually DID have insurance. He told the cop that he was insured through State Farm, but when we contacted them, they'd never heard of the guy. A month later, I got a letter from some no-name insurance company, and they are taking care of everything.

I love a happy "ending". And my VX's rear end is happy.

Joe_Black
02/08/2008, 12:47 PM
Crap. I was looking for a little of this...

http://www.patmanracing.com/u%20babes/curved.jpg

But glad you got all squared-away with getting your VX tip-top and hopefully you're recovered/recovering well with the nexk injury. :)

nfpgasmask
02/08/2008, 01:32 PM
Great! So you will be attending Moab this year then, eh?

:) Bart

CrnCnn
02/08/2008, 03:49 PM
Crap. I was looking for a little of this...

http://www.patmanracing.com/u%20babes/curved.jpg

But glad you got all squared-away with getting your VX tip-top and hopefully you're recovered/recovering well with the nexk injury. :)

Man that new cladding looks great. Not too fond of the sticker though.. MORE ENERGY.. I mean whats that about?

now with a closer look I am reminded why we can hardly see out the little back window.

PHO2GR4
02/08/2008, 04:27 PM
Visibility is poor because the window hole is too high. By JUUUUUUST a few vertebrae. I somehow feel a burst of more energy myself, though...

Man that new cladding looks great. Not too fond of the sticker though.. MORE ENERGY.. I mean whats that about?

now with a closer look I am reminded why we can hardly see out the little back window.

johnnyapollo
02/08/2008, 04:34 PM
I like the new Proton paint color though! A little metalic in there....:)

-- J:zzzy2:hn

Ldub
02/08/2008, 06:26 PM

BUTT...I mean BUMP, LOL, you one funny guy you.:razzgray:

Jolly Roger VX'er
02/08/2008, 06:44 PM
somehow.....I'm think'in Optima YellowTop as the next mod!

Ldub
02/08/2008, 06:46 PM
somehow.....I'm think'in Optima YellowTop as the next mod!

As in..."junk in da trunk"???:razzgray:
I'm thinkin' an Optima could create quite the unsightly bulge.

Jolly Roger VX'er
02/08/2008, 06:57 PM
As in..."junk in da trunk"???:razzgray:
I'm thinkin' an Optima could create quite the unsightly bulge.

yes it would...but it would provide "more energy"; and because of the spiral-cell design...you can mount her...I mean it...the battery that is...in any position.

Ldub
02/08/2008, 07:01 PM
LMFAO...:laughgray

CoastieCosta567
02/09/2008, 06:03 AM
LMFAO, wow that was great, LOL

PHO2GR4
02/09/2008, 12:53 PM
PS: Where DID they get that lower piece of bumper cladding? Can we still get "new" OEM parts from some secret warehouse near Area 51?!?

etlsport
02/09/2008, 12:56 PM
i think there was just a new run of cladding brought to the us.. so new cladding is available.. iirc its less than 1500 for a full set of new cladding

PHO2GR4
02/09/2008, 06:40 PM
Dude, I should totally go shopping and stockpile a spare set of cladding. You know, just in case! :cool: