PDA

View Full Version : It mod time!

woody
02/07/2008, 08:33 AM
Well the FNG is getting to work on my 99. I've set up an appointment at Line-X to get the cladding coated...Also ordered some scissor slide Lambo Doors. Will up date with photos once done.
Quick Question...Is it better to remove the Cladding? What are the issues I'll have...i.e are there anyparts that I'll need to order before I do..double sticky foam?? Tape...new bolts...?
Going with a fire copper coatings...nearly matches the red (more like burnt orange) interior.

etlsport
02/07/2008, 08:36 AM
there is double sided tape in a few places behind the cladding. I think you need to start fom the front bumper and work your way back, i know i can get the front bumper off in about 5 minutes and remember that the rear bumper was a PITA because 4 of the bolts were hidden behind the quarter panels

iirc there are also rivets holding the cladding in the rear fender wells, not sure what you do about those

woody
02/07/2008, 08:48 AM
Thanks sport!! I'll drill out the riviets and re reivet I guess!!! Good info!
Hey I used to live in Glenolden!!

etlsport
02/07/2008, 08:52 AM
nice, i actually live in darby/colwyn right off chester pike... i pretty much drive thru glenolden every day.. see an ironman driving around once every 3-4 months but the owner never seems interested in talking so i leave him alone

woody
02/07/2008, 09:01 AM
city of brotherly love huh???
I used to work in the old Boeing plant in Springfield. Used to be the HQ of Protect a boat. Used to shrinkwrap everything there..from jets to helicopters to boats...lots of fun...but usally not in Philly. Was there from 88 to '90..I'm sire nothing has changed!1 it seemed to be the city time forgot!! lol
Cheers

etlsport
02/07/2008, 09:04 AM
is that the plant off the ridley park exit on 95? i still get all these towns mixed up.. all i know is that in a 3 mile drive to get on 95 i drive thru at least 8 towns... as far as changing i dunno i heard it used to be nice lol not so much in the 2 years ive been there.. i know in darby they are trying to "revitalize" but so far all the under-construction houses are just giving clean slates for graffiti artists

woody
02/07/2008, 09:15 AM
shoot it's been a while but exiting 95 to Glenolden..I forget the street...but it is about 3 miles north in Springfield. There is a Newport News Shipyard building at the end of it...at least there used to be...
Yeah As I rememeber...that place was the pits...I thought the streets were clostrophobic and the place fairly dirty...I remember Darby and Upper Darby and heading into West Chester...but the truth is I spent most of my time going back and forth to the Airport..traveling almost every week to Grumman, Sirkorsky, and a host of other aircraft manufacturers and sea ports to shrink wrap Jets, Yachts, Cars, buses...you name it.
Thanks again for the input and I'll update with some pics and data...especially on the doors...
Cheers
Woody

tom4bren
02/07/2008, 10:10 AM
Are you doing the hood insert too?

woody
02/07/2008, 10:15 AM
yes I am...might even have a large Vehicross Logo across it...either that or my company logo...
TRGear.com
Cool Toys For Bad Boys