PDA

View Full Version : Milo's new crib...

nfpgasmask
02/02/2008, 05:00 PM
So I have been watching Craigslist for a nice 70-100 gallon tank for Milo (my turtle) and this week I found one. I had to drive about 40 miles south the Carson City to pick it up. The tank is a 100 gallon with oak stand.

When I pulled up to the dude's apartment, the first thing he said was, "Man, the AIN'T NO WAY this tank is fittin' in yer vehicle!". I just smiled and said, "perhaps".

Not only did I fit the tank in my VX, I was able to close the tailgate! And with the help of my roof rack and some wratchet straps, voila!

http://www.nofuture.com/01.jpg

I did have to move the passenger seat all the way forward, but still...
http://www.nofuture.com/02.jpg

The guy was like, "dude, I am totally amazed you fit this thing in!".

VX RULES!

Bart

Ldub
02/02/2008, 05:11 PM
Oferchrissakes...now what ya gone & done...entered your VEE KROSS in the world of outlaws sprint car racing thing??? Nice!:razzgray:

That Milo is one lucky turtle.:thumbup:

nfpgasmask
02/02/2008, 05:14 PM
Oferchrissakes...now what ya gone & done...entered your VEE KROSS in the world of outlaws sprint car racing thing??? Nice!:razzgray:

That Milo is one lucky turtle.:thumbup:

Yes, he is, especially considering he is only like 4"s right now! :)

I took it slow, the winds have been fierce around here and despite the extra clicks on the wratchet straps, I was still nervous about having that thing up top...

:) Bart

etlsport
02/02/2008, 10:18 PM
nice! well done i love pushing the limits of the VX's hauling capabilities

on another note.. ive been searching high and low for a good sized aquarium on craigslist for a good price.. the ex moved out not too long ago so ive got an empty wall where a sofa used to be!:dance:... anyway yea its tough going out there trying to find one so good job!

nfpgasmask
02/03/2008, 12:47 PM
nice! well done i love pushing the limits of the VX's hauling capabilities

on another note.. ive been searching high and low for a good sized aquarium on craigslist for a good price.. the ex moved out not too long ago so ive got an empty wall where a sofa used to be!:dance:... anyway yea its tough going out there trying to find one so good job!

Just stay on it. And also check the "pets" section, not just the for sale section. That's where I found mine. its a little rough and needs a good cleaning, but it is nice and big.

What kinda fish you planning?

Bart

Chopper
02/03/2008, 01:37 PM
Lots o real plants....bottom filter.....soft bottom media....nice gentlemoving water:). There is a guy in the Orlando area that's a turtle nut, sorta famous author (famous to turtle people I guess)Years ago, I was at his home.....he had the most amazing Mata setup I've ever seen. Perfect PH and Tanin levels...some kinda clay bottom....tons of plants...maybe1200 gals. or so. Nice and murky (like the Orinoco or some crap) His Fly Rivers were in an equally impressive, but crystal clear arrangement. That's what hooked me on Pig-nosed turtles:bwgr: Way cooler than some dopey ol' fish....Snappers are also very easy, and they need way less space.....wish I had pictures of Spike...he was a 35lb. gator snapper I'd raised from a hatchling....loved his rats.....took 13 one day, before I stopped:cool: He'll be Carl's grandkids problem some day:smilewink

nfpgasmask
02/03/2008, 03:22 PM
Lots o real plants....bottom filter.....soft bottom media....nice gentlemoving water:). There is a guy in the Orlando area that's a turtle nut, sorta famous author (famous to turtle people I guess)Years ago, I was at his home.....he had the most amazing Mata setup I've ever seen. Perfect PH and Tanin levels...some kinda clay bottom....tons of plants...maybe1200 gals. or so. Nice and murky (like the Orinoco or some crap) His Fly Rivers were in an equally impressive, but crystal clear arrangement. That's what hooked me on Pig-nosed turtles:bwgr: Way cooler than some dopey ol' fish....Snappers are also very easy, and they need way less space.....wish I had pictures of Spike...he was a 35lb. gator snapper I'd raised from a hatchling....loved his rats.....took 13 one day, before I stopped:cool: He'll be Carl's grandkids problem some day:smilewink

Yeah, I am gonna do my best to setup a nice planted tank for him. To my surprise, Matas don't seem to destroy tank items as much as other turtles I have had (like softies and muskies and snappers).

1200 gallons would be awesome...

:) Bart