PDA

View Full Version : Ebay buyers and sellers

navistar
02/01/2008, 09:10 AM
Ever noticed and wondered who all those bidders are that bid on Vehicross parts and why they are not members of this site? And what about the people who are selling parts?

I guess it is possible that someone could own a Vehicross without somehow being passionate about it. But the Vehicross, to me anyway, is a polarizing vehicle...you either love it and think it is unbelievably unique and beautiful or you hate it and think it is butt ugly. So how could a person own a Vehicross and to them it's just another SUV, just transportation that gets them from one place to another?

Navi

Pepino
02/01/2008, 09:13 AM
ya there is this girl around where i live that has the ugliest vx i have ever seen its so bad taken care of and she doesnt even notice what kind of car she has for her its just like any other car i should leave her a message asking wtf see if she has any idea how unique her car is

nfpgasmask
02/01/2008, 09:22 AM
Trust me Navi, I would say that more than half of the VX owners in this country are not as passionate as we are. Here in Reno, there are at least 5 or 6 other VXers, and you know, it seems they could care less about what they are driving, much less care enough to join the fam.

But you can't blame them, after all, we are fanatics, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Bart

navistar
02/01/2008, 09:39 AM
Well that's what I call a shame!

But think about it, those dispassionate VX owners had to go through a purchasing process to get their VX. They could have gotten something a little more mainstream more easily.

It's curious. Hmmm..?

JHarris1385
02/01/2008, 11:09 AM
Mainstream, 4 doors, easier rear access, better mpg....the list can go on and on and I have no idea why someone that treats the unique VX as a normal suv puts up with those things.

I work a few offices down from another VX owner, told him about the site, left a card on his window and he has yet to ever join........

nfpgasmask
02/01/2008, 11:41 AM
Well that's what I call a shame!

But think about it, those dispassionate VX owners had to go through a purchasing process to get their VX. They could have gotten something a little more mainstream more easily.

It's curious. Hmmm..?

I see what you're saying I guess. And I do agree that it is a shame that more VXers are not as passionate as we are, but I was just saying that I am glad the folks on here ARE passionate, and not laissez-faire like most of the VXers out there.

This has been discussed many times, and I should say a lot of the other owners out there are just not as social, or not as computer savvy, or both.

Bart

circmand
02/01/2008, 11:42 AM
I never heard of the VX. Ilived in VT and was looking for a 4wd and happened to see one on display at a dealership still brand new in 2002. I did not even know what it was. I stopped and asked what it was. At first refused a test drive but was convinced. Enjoyed but sticker was way to high. When the dealer kept calling I did a Google and found at least 60 still brand new at 23995. I told him match it or quit calling. He matched it I bought it and it was not til later that I came to enjoy the quircky uniqueness that is the VX. I still enjoy driving it everyday but that does not happen to everyone.

nfpgasmask
02/01/2008, 11:49 AM
He matched it I bought it and it was not til later that I came to enjoy the quircky uniqueness that is the VX. I still enjoy driving it everyday but that does not happen to everyone.

You know, and I bet there are some folks who bought it like you did, but instead came to hate the quircky uniqueness that is the VX, and thus, just drive it as their everyday vehicle and put up with the things they don't really like...only to later sell it.

Bart

Otto
02/01/2008, 12:10 PM
Just think about all those folks driving around not caring about thier VX. This just means one day it will end up in a junk yard. More parts for us. More value for the one's left.

navistar
02/01/2008, 12:28 PM
I think the uniqueness is so obvious that it is hard to overlook. Sometimes it is down right inconvenient to own and drive but there is something that draws me to it, pulls me in, attracts me, makes me want to just look at setting there sometimes. The thing has a personna a presence a...OMG, I'm a fanatic!!!

Ldub
02/01/2008, 05:29 PM
Sometimes it is down right inconvenient to own and drive but there is something that draws me to it, pulls me in, attracts me, makes me want to just look at setting there sometimes. The thing has a personna a presence a...OMG, I'm a fanatic!!!

Dude...you just described Christine.:razzgray:

nfpgasmask
02/02/2008, 12:57 PM
I think the uniqueness is so obvious that it is hard to overlook. Sometimes it is down right inconvenient to own and drive but there is something that draws me to it, pulls me in, attracts me, makes me want to just look at setting there sometimes. The thing has a personna a presence a...OMG, I'm a fanatic!!!

Dude, you just described STLTHVX too! Sometimes I just like to look at it in the garage.

:) Bart

CoastieCosta567
02/02/2008, 01:33 PM

:eek:wow i thought i was the only Anamaniac that did that, i guess, us few that Love the VX so much are as rare as the VX out there or even more rare. It drives me crazy when its raining cat and dog and i really want to go and drive it, but i'm at work or something is going on that i can't just go and enjoy every min.. with the VX. I don't know about you guys, but I love Driving when the sky is like falling down and windy and flooding, man it just makes the VX drive better i think, more Fun and i feel like the VX and I are the only ones that are ment to be on the Road or off the road on those conditions. I sometimes think that when people see me pass they say "wow that thing is truly made for rough and extrem conditions", I know it's wierd, and some what maybe alittle retarded to say, but I guess it's something that the VX gives out. You guys know what I'm saying or I'm i loosing My Mind Here. :rotate::goof::_drool::rotate:

navistar
02/02/2008, 05:43 PM
I'm not a degreed and licensed psychiatrist but I would say that you are not exactly crazy. It's more a neurotic thing.

DATE: 02/02/08
TIME: Today, 15:06 CST
EVENT:

I raised the garage door and upon seeing her caught myself saying, "There you are...hello sweetheart. I'm coming inside and getting your motor running. You'll be hot in no time and we're going for a long ride."

Is there any hope for me? :confused: :rolleyes:

Ldub
02/02/2008, 07:15 PM
I'm not a degreed and licensed psychiatrist but I would say that you are not exactly crazy. It's more a neurotic thing.

EVENT:

I raised the garage door and upon seeing her caught myself saying, "There you are...hello sweetheart. I'm coming inside and getting your motor running. You'll be hot in no time and we're going for a long ride."

Nope, none whatsoever...you are firmly in her grasp.

N-joy the ride.:cool:

navistar
02/02/2008, 08:28 PM
It's good to love and be loved. :)

Kenny
02/02/2008, 09:59 PM
weirdos :disturbed

CoastieCosta567
02/02/2008, 10:46 PM

EVENT:

LOL thats awsome, :laugho:

Dare2Dream
02/03/2008, 08:43 AM
There are many dormant members here who stop by from time to time