PDA

View Full Version : Moab '08 Accommodations

nfpgasmask
01/29/2008, 02:51 PM
I just wanted to start a formal thread about Moab 08, and where to stay/camp.

Please reply with some hotels and campsites and give us the details. There will likely be a lot of first or second timers going this year who will need a place to crash.

Please post this type of info:

Name: Gonzo Inn
Type: Hotel
Phone: 800-791-4044
Price level: Expensive
Pets allowed: Yes

For me personally, I am looking for a place to stay for the week that is not expensive, allows pets, and isn't a total dump. I would also like to camp for a night somewhere in Moab. I know some places have been mentioned already, but I do not know the exact details about location, cost and who will be staying there.

Anyway, all signs point to GO for 3 Reno VXers to be in Moab in May!!!! I think we are going to have a large event this year!

:) Bart

tomdietrying
01/29/2008, 04:12 PM
If you camp, camp at the Portal. It's $8.00 a night provided the Isuzu Organization stays there. If not I think it's $17 a night. BTW - that's camping at the Group sites. That's the way to go anyhow. There are plenty of trees, lush grass, two ponds to let the dogs go run around, 8 hot showers.
I promise I haven't seen a better camping spot two blocks from the center of Moab anywhere.
Peace.
Tom

nfpgasmask
01/29/2008, 04:15 PM
If you camp, camp at the Portal. It's $8.00 a night provided the Isuzu Organization stays there. If not I think it's $17 a night. BTW - that's camping at the Group sites. That's the way to go anyhow. There are plenty of trees, lush grass, two ponds to let the dogs go run around, 8 hot showers.
I promise I haven't seen a better camping spot two blocks from the center of Moab anywhere.
Peace.
Tom

Sweet, if there are showers I could probably get away with 2-3 nights there. I'll leave that up to the Mrs.

So Tom, do you need to reserve campsites? Do you have a map link or address? Any more details we need to know? I would love to camp with the group for at least 1 or 2 nights.

Thanks,
Bart

CrnCnn
01/29/2008, 07:08 PM
As long as I can get to a shower so I dont stink like crazy I will be cool.

Dumke
01/29/2008, 09:46 PM
Peace.
Tom

I can vouch for Tom as this is what ray and I did last year. I hate camping wiht a passion as being in the boy scouts and living in Texas well equals no fun at all. But aside from me freezing in New Mexico after I made fun of Tom which serves me right.,, sorry back on subject. Moab camp ground was super nice. Showers were really nice and we got a "Steal" for the first day :bgwb: . Bart that was my first year and only camped there one day because was limited on time I could spend there but well worth it imo.

Triathlete
01/29/2008, 10:05 PM
I will be at Portal!

Just made my reservations!:dance:
HERE (http://portalrvresort.com/) is the website. There is other good info here also.

ZEUS
01/30/2008, 07:01 AM
I can vouch for Tom as this is what ray and I did last year. I hate camping wiht a passion as being in the boy scouts and living in Texas well equals no fun at all. But aside from me freezing in New Mexico after I made fun of Tom which serves me right.,, sorry back on subject. Moab camp ground was super nice. Showers were really nice and we got a "Steal" for the first day :bgwb: . Bart that was my first year and only camped there one day because was limited on time I could spend there but well worth it imo.
Yeah, I ran into all these guys at the Portal where we camped last year. It was a "steal"! The year before, I also met everyone there for the show n' shine. It IS a great place to camp. That's where I'll be again.

nfpgasmask
02/01/2008, 02:02 PM
Sweet, I will talk to Linda this weekend and get the hotels/camping stuff down pat. I can't wait. Camping with all the VXers and their VXes. Sounds like a riot to me.

nfpgasmask
02/01/2008, 02:08 PM
So Billy, if it is just me, the wife and the VX, this is what I need to reserve, right:

Tent Sites: Picnic Shelter:, water in area, BBQ. $17.50

That sounds like a good price to me!!

Also, who is staying there and what nights? Or is it just a free-for-all?

Thanks,

Bart

Ldub
02/01/2008, 03:35 PM
Just booked a room for Mr. Jim & Da Dub at Red Rock Lodge...:dance:

http://www.moab-utah.com/redrocklodge/

$59 per night for week nights, $69 per night for weekends, before AAA disc. (10 %), two double beds.
Pet friendly, trailer parking(described to me as the dirt lot next door), secure storage.

nfpgasmask
02/01/2008, 04:31 PM
Just booked a room for Mr. Jim & Da Dub at Red Rock Lodge...:dance:

http://www.moab-utah.com/redrocklodge/

$59 per night for week nights, $69 per night for weekends, before AAA disc. (10 %), two double beds.
Pet friendly, trailer parking, secure storage.

Sounds good. Pretty clean place?

Bart

tomdietrying
02/01/2008, 04:58 PM
Bart,
IMO the group camping is MUCH nicer than the individual camps. Not only that, but it's half the price. I don't know that's just my opinion.

BTW-Are we reserving as "The Izusu Group" or "VX Group" or as just individuals?

Peace.
Tom

Ldub
02/01/2008, 05:01 PM
Sounds good. Pretty clean place?

Bart

Ummmm...It ain't the Ritz. It's more of a run down kind of place with extension cords where real wiring should have been installed...perfect for a couple of weirdos like Jim & me.
Tone, Lisa & Jay stayed there last year & I felt more at home there than in the corporate box we were in.
I don't mean to say it's awful or anything, it's just not new by anyones standards. It's about a block off the main drag, close to down town.
Maybe Kenny, Beej, Chi-Chi, or the Gammonator will chime in with their thoughts on the "star rating" of this particular road abode.:smilewink

CrnCnn
02/01/2008, 06:54 PM
Bart,
IMO the group camping is MUCH nicer than the individual camps. Not only that, but it's half the price. I don't know that's just my opinion.

BTW-Are we reserving as "The Izusu Group" or "VX Group" or as just individuals?

Peace.
Tom

So the group sites are something we just park in that group parking then set up in and chill together right? That seems way cheaper. How many to a group site?

tomdietrying
02/01/2008, 08:01 PM
CrnCnn,
In the group tent area, I would say it was the size of a football field with nice grass. There are two/three areas with a couple of picnic tables with a shelter over the tables. In the middle, there is a fire pit. On two sides you are sorounded by pasters, one side is a parking lot with a covered group picnic area that could seat 50 people (the only people I see there are the VX group down loading there pictures after a day of wheeling), the last side is the convience check in store and showers. On the two sides that has the pasters there are several shade trees to camp under.

I would imagine there could be 6-15 per site. The area is big enough that your not on top of one another. Last, there are a few faucets near the trees. I think the best area of the three sites is the one opposite the check in convience store. They are all good though.

Does that sound about right? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Oh yeah, the ponds are just caddie corner to the camping.

Peace.
Tom

p.s.
Who are you picking in the two UFC heavyweight fights tomorrow?

CrnCnn
02/01/2008, 08:38 PM
CrnCnn,
In the group tent area, I would say it was the size of a football field with nice grass. There are two/three areas with a couple of picnic tables with a shelter over the tables. In the middle, there is a fire pit. On two sides you are sorounded by pasters, one side is a parking lot with a covered group picnic area that could seat 50 people (the only people I see there are the VX group down loading there pictures after a day of wheeling), the last side is the convience check in store and showers. On the two sides that has the pasters there are several shade trees to camp under.

I would imagine there could be 6-15 per site. The area is big enough that your not on top of one another. Last, there are a few faucets near the trees. I think the best area of the three sites is the one opposite the check in convience store. They are all good though.

Does that sound about right? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Oh yeah, the ponds are just caddie corner to the camping.

Peace.
Tom

p.s.
Who are you picking in the two UFC heavyweight fights tomorrow?

That sounds sweet. So whats the best way to go about reserving the group area? Do we reserve it as the individuals or do we request a group location and everyone gets added to that group?

Well I saw the Lesnar fight with Min Soo Kim and really didnt learn much other than he seems to hit hard from a ground position. I really hope that Mir finishes him. I like Tim Sylvia for the title fight, that would great if he is the first one to stop Nogueira.

Triathlete
02/01/2008, 09:41 PM
So Billy, if it is just me, the wife and the VX, this is what I need to reserve, right:

Tent Sites: Picnic Shelter:, water in area, BBQ. $17.50

That sounds like a good price to me!!

Also, who is staying there and what nights? Or is it just a free-for-all?

Thanks,

Bart

That is the one if you want an individual site. I will be in "H" which is the first site, just on the other side of the pond from the group area. Got my confirmation today!

Triathlete
02/01/2008, 09:44 PM
I put in the comments area that I was with ZuZoo. In the past when it was an official event they used to give a discount...maybe it will still work!:_confused

tomdietrying
02/02/2008, 06:45 AM
Those that want the group camping at the Portal let's say we are with the ZuZu group. If they give us a group discount, that's even better.

I won't be able to make the call until this afternoon. If some calls before then, ask if we can reserve the area opposite the check in store. It also the closest to the river.

My picks for tonight are Lesnar and Big Tim.

Peace.
Tom

Kenny
02/02/2008, 11:25 AM
Ummmm...It ain't the Ritz. It's more of a run down kind of place with extension cords where real wiring should have been installed...perfect for a couple of weirdos like Jim & me.
Tone, Lisa & Jay stayed there last year & I felt more at home there than in the corporate box we were in.
I don't mean to say it's awful or anything, it's just not new by anyones standards. It's about a block off the main drag, close to down town.
Maybe Kenny, Beej, Chi-Chi, or the Gammonator will chime in with their thoughts on the "star rating" of this particular road abode.:smilewink

mmmm. ya, it ain't tha ritz, but it is an awsome location next to the night life.
i might be tempted to stay there cuz you are there larry, otherwise - my skin crawlz a bit thinking if those rooms...:confused:

I sorta liked the La Qunita, but its ~$130 a night....

But am all up for getting those who want to hotel all in one place - the Red Rock has an awsome parking lot/picnic tables/porch to hang out at nights...

good link: http://www.discovermoab.com/hotels.htm

orion
02/02/2008, 12:47 PM
I'm on board for the hotel idea, I've done enough camping. I'd gladly pay more to sleep indoors.

CrnCnn
02/03/2008, 02:13 PM
I just called and left a message. Anyone reserve the group area the Tom was talking about?

nfpgasmask
02/03/2008, 03:20 PM

All I care about is cleanliness really. No brown stains in the bed, etc.

Ldub
02/03/2008, 03:29 PM
All I care about is cleanliness really. No brown stains in the bed, etc.

Mmmmmmayybe re-read Kenny's comment "my skin crawlz a bit thinking of those rooms".
Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy if all kinds of VX'ers were staying there, but if you're considering the Red Rock...I dunno, I just don't want you to check in there & be disapointed.:sighwgray
PM Kenny for further details/opinions. It's certainly not as spic & span as a newer place, just a little rough around the edges.:smilewink

nfpgasmask
02/03/2008, 03:59 PM
Mmmmmmayybe re-read Kenny's comment "my skin crawlz a bit thinking of those rooms".
Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy if all kinds of VX'ers were staying there, but if you're considering the Red Rock...I dunno, I just don't want you to check in there & be disapointed.:sighwgray
PM Kenny for further details/opinions. It's certainly not as spic & span as a newer place, just a little rough around the edges.:smilewink

Honestly, I am not even worried about me. But since Linda is going to be with me AND it will be our anniversary, I have to do my best!

;) Bart

Ldub
02/03/2008, 04:02 PM
Honestly, I am not even worried about me. But since Linda is going to be with me AND it will be our anniversary, I have to do my best!

;) Bart

:cool:

Kenny
02/04/2008, 10:28 AM

;) Bart

I'm in the same boat, I'd probably be looking at staying at the Red Rock. But when I mentioned the place to my wife - the face she gave sort of stopped the conversation there. (Sorry Larry, looks like her luv for ya has a limit - maybe you have to find her a bigger "stick" this year :_shrug:)

I'm looking at the Best Western Canyonlands since it's only a few blocks from the Red Rock and it's downtown. It's about $150 night, very pricy but it keeps the wife very happy. I found most hotels like La Qinta, Ramada, Comfort Suites etc... will be $130 - $150 a night (they have decent breakfeasts:rolleyes:..) and the "well used" places like Red Rock about half that price.

Triathlete
02/04/2008, 11:50 AM
Have you guys checked into the cabins at the campgrounds? They are pretty nice and if I remember, not nearly as pricey!

nfpgasmask
02/04/2008, 11:55 AM
Have you guys checked into the cabins at the campgrounds? They are pretty nice and if I remember, not nearly as pricey!

I'm open to anywhere, as long as it is:

1) Clean
2) Not super expensive
3) Allows doggies

Any info on the cabins (ie, links, numbers, etc) welcome!

Triathlete
02/04/2008, 12:00 PM
Here are a few...
Moab Rim (http://www.moab-utah.com/moabrim/campark.html)

CABINS:

Camping Cabins w/ Queen & Bunkbeds, Table & Chairs, Heat & A.C. - $49 + tax (4 pers.)
Cabins w/ Queen & Bunkbeds, Bath & Kitchenette, Deck & Grass Area - $69 + tax (4 pers.)
Park Model Cottage w/ 2 Queen Beds (separate rooms), Full Bath & Kitchen, Cable TV & Private Patio - $89 + tax (4 pers. - NO PETS IN COTTAGE)

(All cabins are provided with mattress covers but no linens. Pets permitted in designated cabins only with advance notice. $5.00 per pet cleaning fee - 2 pet max.)

Archview (http://www.archviewresort.com/cabins.html)

$97.95 per night per two person occupancy.
Can sleep up to 6
Additional charge for extra persons over the age of 5 years.
No pets allowed in El Grande Cabin.

El Grande is a larger cabin that includes a kitchen, large bathroom, sleeping loft with two beds (one queen sized bed and one full sized bed), spacious living area with a pull out sofa and satellite TV. It is air conditioned and heated and is perfect for a group or larger family. Sheets and towels are provided as well as a limited supply of cookware and dishes.

And for the same price as the "box" hotel room check this out...Whispering oaks (http://www.whisperingoakslodging.com/sagewood.html)
I think you'd get lots of "points" with the little lady!

There are others also that a simplesearch will find! The options are there!

tomdietrying
02/04/2008, 12:32 PM
I just put in my spot for the tent camping at the Portal. Tell them your with the ZuZu group.
Peace.
Tom

nfpgasmask
02/04/2008, 01:44 PM
I just put in my spot for the tent camping at the Portal. Tell them your with the ZuZu group.
Peace.
Tom

Awesome. I will reserve our spot once I figure out what nights we are camping.

Bart

CrnCnn
02/04/2008, 02:58 PM
Awesome. I will reserve our spot once I figure out what nights we are camping.

Bart

Bart, we do expect to get there sunday right. I need to make my revs.

CrnCnn
02/04/2008, 03:07 PM
So the group area Tom reserved is only avail. 12-16th. Maybe a different tom?

nfpgasmask
02/04/2008, 03:18 PM
Bart, we do expect to get there sunday right. I need to make my revs.

That's right. If we leave Reno on Saturday morning early, we will hit Great Basin around noon, camp and then leave Great Basin around noon or so Sunday, we will get to Moab late Sunday evening, loosing an hour because we cross over into Mountain Time.

Linda and I will probably get a hotel that night and the following night and then camp a couple nights, etc.

The 12th through the 16th is probably right for dates, you might just have to pick up the 15th if you guys are going to camp all week.

Hopefully the three of us can meet up soon and get this all hammered out.

Bart

CrnCnn
02/04/2008, 03:38 PM
Well I grabbed the group D which fits about 12. Bart and Beau maybe staying with us in that for certain nites

tomdietrying
02/04/2008, 04:07 PM
CrnCnn,
Site C is the better site and accomidates 15 people EASY. That's the site I was telling you.
Peace.
Tom

CrnCnn
02/04/2008, 04:11 PM
CrnCnn,
Site C is the better site and accomidates 15 people EASY. That's the site I was telling you.
Peace.
Tom

Well the lady said the sites A-C were teken for the 12-16 i think and we will be there the 11th thru the 16th so instead of moving during the week we grabbed the one D site. No biggie.

nfpgasmask
02/04/2008, 04:31 PM
Well the lady said the sites A-C were teken for the 12-16 i think and we will be there the 11th thru the 16th so instead of moving during the week we grabbed the one D site. No biggie.

I'm sure once we get it hammered down, we can change reservations as needed.

Tom, what is the difference between the two sites?

Bart

CrnCnn
02/04/2008, 04:35 PM
I'm sure once we get it hammered down, we can change reservations as needed.

Tom, what is the difference between the two sites?

Bart

Im good with leaving it as group D for me, cause it fits our dates better. Maybe I will end up with all that space for Cari and I. Like I said there will be room for more people in that area.

nfpgasmask
02/04/2008, 04:37 PM
Im good with leaving it as group D for me, cause it fits our dates better. Maybe I will end up with all that space for Cari and I. Like I said there will be room for more people in that area.

Cool, we'll figure it out. I just hope the lot of us VXers can be in the same general area.

Bart

Ldub
02/04/2008, 08:19 PM
(Sorry Larry, looks like her luv for ya has a limit - maybe you have to find her a bigger "stick" this year :_shrug:)

LMFAO...That's quite understandable...I'm still laughing at the "stick" comment.:laughgray . :laughing: . :laughgray

ZEUS
02/05/2008, 07:59 AM
So does anyone care if I put up a tent in one of their group spots? I will pay my part, of course. So far it's just me and the dog, so I would rather crash in a group spot for cheap! PLEEEEEEEASE!!!

nfpgasmask
02/05/2008, 09:02 AM
So does anyone care if I put up a tent in one of their group spots? I will pay my part, of course. So far it's just me and the dog, so I would rather crash in a group spot for cheap! PLEEEEEEEASE!!!

I don't see why not. Clint reserved group D, and that is where we will most likely stay, and I would assume Beau also....

I would imagine there is enough room. Just make sure you are far enough away from my tent so I don't hear any gross sounds coming out of yours in the middle of the night. :)

Bart

ZEUS
02/05/2008, 10:52 AM
Yeah, Menace is a howler! :eek:

tomdietrying
02/05/2008, 04:21 PM
Zues,
No problem with staying at either site. Call their 1 -800 number and say you are with the ZuZu group and tell which goup site you like C or D.

Peace.
Tom

p.s.
How long are you staying? Will you be able to do a few trails this year?

ZEUS
02/05/2008, 04:32 PM
I haven't figured it out yet. I want to make the VX run but don't have vacation time yet. I'm just keeping an eye on other people's decisions and I'll figure my shiz out after you all do. I will be doing at least a trail or two though.

CrnCnn
02/05/2008, 04:47 PM
Yeah it really depends on what days you are gonna be there. The group areas a-c are only available the 12th thru the 16th. I booked gorup D for the 11th thru the 16th (leaving the 17th)

You are more than welcome in our group area.

VXIRONwoMAN
02/06/2008, 10:34 AM
Last year I stayed at the Days Inn. It was under $60/night. Clean. They had a simple muffins, juice and doughnuts breakfast in the morning. Pool. Nice people. In town, but close enough to Archview (and Portal) so we could join the bonfires everynight. I would give it a thumbs up.

nfpgasmask
02/06/2008, 10:42 AM
Last year I stayed at the Days Inn. It was under $60/night. Clean. They had a simple muffins, juice and doughnuts breakfast in the morning. Pool. Nice people. In town, but close enough to Archview (and Portal) so we could join the bonfires everynight. I would give it a thumbs up.

Cool, sounds like a good price. Thanks!

Bart

VXIRONwoMAN
02/06/2008, 10:44 AM

I'm not super picky... but I thought it was a decent place. Though we didn't spend much time in the rooms when I was there. We were all outside, showing off our pictures from the day and you all were drinking margaritas under the stars... I thought it was a fun place.

Jolly Roger VX'er
02/20/2008, 05:56 PM
I checked into the Days Inn but they were booked up for the days I wanted; so, I went with Red Stone Inn.....AAA rated @ $69/night for Queen bed and kitchenette. *Also have double beds for $79/night.

Rustic "pine" wood rooms with log furniture...sniff...to help with any homesickness this cambridge springer might have...:p

Hopefully I won't be in the dang room long enough to enjoy the rustic decor :rolleyes:

Also has laundry, hot tub, steakhouse next door @ other lodge owned by same people.

http://moabredstone.com/

orion
02/21/2008, 03:47 PM
I am now booked at red stone. so how many of us are staying there now?

ZEUS
03/13/2008, 02:10 PM
Alright Clint, I added my name to group D for the 11th - 15th. Have you Nevadans figured out your prospective arrival time yet? I plan on getting to Moab before dark that Sunday so I might roll in before you guys do, grab some goods, and maybe hit an obstacle or two. I still have "The Reno Trio" cell numbers unless something has changed - you guys got my number?

nfpgasmask
03/13/2008, 02:19 PM
Alright Clint, I added my name to group D for the 11th - 15th. Have you Nevadans figured out your prospective arrival time yet? I plan on getting to Moab before dark that Sunday so I might roll in before you guys do, grab some goods, and maybe hit an obstacle or two. I still have "The Reno Trio" cell numbers unless something has changed - you guys got my number?

Justin, I drove over my cel phone last month, crushed it and lost all my numbers, so please PM me yours!

Also, how do I register with the group campsite? Is this something I can do when I am there or do I need do this ahead of time?

We will probably get there around 6pm Sunday night I think.

Bart

ZEUS
03/13/2008, 02:49 PM
When I called - the front desk explained that the sites are so big that we really don't have to add any names to the list since they have already been reserved by Clint. So I would bypass it.

6 pm sounds perfect - I'll see if I can time it out for around that.

I am heading to Moab now... I'll post some teaser pics for you guys!

CrnCnn
03/13/2008, 03:45 PM

Sweet, I dont have yours so if you want to PM me here or my regular email Roland@clintnelson.net

BigSwede
03/20/2008, 11:29 AM
Hi guys. The folks that were going to stay at Pack Creek have wussed out already, or at best can't commit. Sooooo, I am thinking of joining y'all at Portal if you don't mind a distinctly unshiny Trooper mucking up the joint.

I was planning on tenting it this year, so if I have read all the foregoing correctly I can jump on a group site when I arrive on the 11th (site D?) without making a reservation beforehand, right?

I know Cinder will enjoy jumping in the ponds again. Black dog in the desert and all...:cool:

tomdietrying
03/20/2008, 11:51 AM
Hey Swede! Come join us. The more the merrier. We have "C" and "D" reserved.
Peace.
Tom

BigSwede
03/21/2008, 10:57 AM
Sounds good...just wanted to confirm that I do not need to make individual reservations.

ZEUS
03/21/2008, 11:06 AM
As was explained to me - you don't. I think as long as the original reservation maker is there before you, you should be fine. Not sure what'll happen if you show up before them. We should be getting to Site D around 6 pm that Sunday so if you are going to get there beforehand you might want to get the kinks figured out so you can set up camp without conflict. I'm not much help I know!

CrnCnn
03/21/2008, 12:21 PM
Yeah, from what I understand the other group area is reserved for different days than ours. You may want to call. The lady told me that a-c are one thing that you reserve, so not sure how it all works on that site. I have D reserved for sunday thru saturday, but as Zues said we will be coming in later in the day.

The D site should fit around 12 people according to the lady at the Portal.

Ldub
03/21/2008, 04:26 PM
Hey Swede! Come join us. The more the merrier. We have "C" and "D" reserved.
Peace.
Tom

X 2 on that Swede...glad to hear you'll be in closer to town, maybe we can wheel a few of the same trails this year.

BigSwede
03/22/2008, 02:41 PM
As was explained to me - you don't. I think as long as the original reservation maker is there before you, you should be fine. Not sure what'll happen if you show up before them. We should be getting to Site D around 6 pm that Sunday so if you are going to get there beforehand you might want to get the kinks figured out so you can set up camp without conflict. I'm not much help I know!
I'll probably be there 2-3 hours before you, but I don't think it will be a problem.

BigSwede
03/22/2008, 02:44 PM
X 2 on that Swede...glad to hear you'll be in closer to town, maybe we can wheel a few of the same trails this year.
Heck yeah, you're rig is set up pretty well now. Feel like doing Moab Rim? That is my one "must do" this year...

Ldub
03/22/2008, 02:52 PM
Heck yeah, you're rig is set up pretty well now. Feel like doing Moab Rim? That is my one "must do" this year...

That sounds good to me...If I'm able to get my locker installed in time.:rolleyesg

I'm thinking the carrier from Jims (94 Trooper) open diff would work & he'll get my limited slip. One of the things I'm unsure of is the abs sensor in his 3rd.
Please email me if you have any thoughts on the subject.:_wrench:

Triathlete
03/22/2008, 04:42 PM
I may be Mt. Biking MR on Monday!

BigSwede
03/22/2008, 05:09 PM
That sounds good to me...If I'm able to get my locker installed in time.:rolleyesg

I'm thinking the carrier from Jims (94 Trooper) open diff would work & he'll get my limited slip. One of the things I'm unsure of is the abs sensor in his 3rd.
Please email me if you have any thoughts on the subject.:_wrench:
Dang, I thought you had your locker in already :_wtf:

I would think you could just ignore the diff ABS sensor and ring, can't see how it would hurt anything if you leave it in there. Might be worth checking with Jerry though.

But...I can't remember - does your VX have 4.56 gears or 4.30? Jim's Trooper is gonna have 4.56...if you don't mind setting up gears I guess it is no big deal either way.

Ldub
03/22/2008, 05:15 PM
Dang, I thought you had your locker in already :_wtf:

I would think you could just ignore the diff ABS sensor and ring, can't see how it would hurt anything if you leave it in there. Might be worth checking with Jerry though.

But...I can't remember - does your VX have 4.56 gears or 4.30? Jim's Trooper is gonna have 4.56...if you don't mind setting up gears I guess it is no big deal either way.

email coming your way in the next hour or day...so as not to get this thread too far off topic.:smilewink

I already am guilty of that sin way too often.:rolleyesg

CrnCnn
04/21/2008, 12:31 PM
OK so I NEED to know who all is planning on staying at the Group site D and what days. The portal just called and they have had a change of “Rules” and I have to have 12 people or more booked at the group site or else I get moved to a regular site.

So who ever is for sure going to stay with my site PLEASE let me know ASAP. I need to know how many in your party over the age of 12. I have to know by 3pm today.

I am sooooo not happy right now
:mad:

nfpgasmask
04/21/2008, 12:37 PM
OK so I NEED to know who all is planning on staying at the Group site D and what days. The portal just called and they have had a change of “Rules” and I have to have 12 people or more booked at the group site or else I get moved to a regular site.

So who ever is for sure going to stay with my site PLEASE let me know ASAP. I need to know how many in your party over 12. I have to know by 3pm today.

Well, here http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=13292&highlight=tentative is my plan, so if you need me to chip in a little extra to hold my spots while I am in the hotel, I can do that. Basically, consider me staying there with Linda all week, if necessary.

Bart

CrnCnn
04/21/2008, 12:39 PM
Well, here http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=13292&highlight=tentative is my plan, so if you need me to chip in a little extra to hold my spots while I am in the hotel, I can do that. Basically, consider me staying there with Linda all week, if necessary.

Bart

Well its not a money issue, she said that they have a group coming that has 13 and some BIG tents and if I only have four (currently on the list) then I get bumped. She said they dont all have to be there at the same time.

pbkid
04/21/2008, 12:45 PM
well i dunno if one person helps but im staying at the portal for sure, with my girlfriend, my dog and i....im guessing staying in your site if its the group one...so count me in

Ascinder
04/21/2008, 01:06 PM
Obviously Megan and I too:bwgy:

CrnCnn
04/21/2008, 01:07 PM
well i dunno if one person helps but im staying at the portal for sure, with my girlfriend, my dog and i....im guessing staying in your site if its the group one...so count me in

OK thanks dude. I have the group D site reserved for the 11th (coming in around 6pm) and leaving the morning of the 17th. If this works for you let me know your name and I will put you on the list.

CrnCnn
04/21/2008, 01:08 PM
Obviously Megan and I too:bwgy:

Of course. Did you want to use part of out big tent still? I will be bringing our smaller one for Great basin.

Ascinder
04/21/2008, 01:15 PM
Still gotta get back to you on the tent thing, once I am back in Reno, I need to see if I can get that trailer axle or not, then I can let you know. If I get ahold of the axle it's gonna be time crunch fever:eek:!!

CrnCnn
04/21/2008, 01:17 PM
Still gotta get back to you on the tent thing, once I am back in Reno, I need to see if I can get that trailer axle or not, then I can let you know. If I get ahold of the axle it's gonna be time crunch fever:eek:!!

Ok, no biggie I will be bringing it any way. So just know there is room for your gear or the two of you.

CrnCnn
04/21/2008, 01:25 PM

So who ever is for sure going to stay with my site PLEASE let me know ASAP. I need to know how many in your party over the age of 12. I have to know by 3pm today.

Any one else? Sorry to be a pest but I have to know in the next few minutes.

CrnCnn
04/21/2008, 01:39 PM
So I am really not happy at this point. Thank you to those who have responded it appears that we have saved the group spot. She wanted to move us to two tent spots. But I told her that we will also be some pups. Which leads me to why I am not happy again.

They don’t allow Dobermans, pits, rots, things of that nature. So, Justin I hope they don’t give you a hard time. I don’t know what other problems are going to come about but I hate how they pull this crap so close to us leaving.

nfpgasmask
04/21/2008, 02:04 PM
So I am really not happy at this point. Thank you to those who have responded it appears that we have saved the group spot. She wanted to move us to two tent spots. But I told her that we will also be some pups. Which leads me to why I am not happy again.

They don’t allow Dobermans, pits, rots, things of that nature. So, Justin I hope they don’t give you a hard time. I don’t know what other problems are going to come about but I hate how they pull this crap so close to us leaving.

So, right now, we have like 6-8 people, right? If my brother gets to Reno before we leave (he called me today and said he might be leaving sooner than later), then we will probably leave CeCe behind as well, which will make the trip that much easier for us.

Bart

CrnCnn
04/21/2008, 02:09 PM
So, right now, we have like 6-8 people, right? If my brother gets to Reno before we leave (he called me today and said he might be leaving sooner than later), then we will probably leave CeCe behind as well, which will make the trip that much easier for us.

Bart

Is your brother moving here? Cece is not a problem as far as the camp ground is concerned.

nfpgasmask
04/21/2008, 02:25 PM
Is your brother moving here? Cece is not a problem as far as the camp ground is concerned.

As of right now, it looks that way. He has been talking about it for a while, but just had to work some stuff out, which has been worked out now, so he is most likely coming.

I know CeCe isn't a problem, but it would just make everything easier if she could hang back. This way we won't have to leave her cooped up in the hotel either....

Bart

BigSwede
04/21/2008, 02:41 PM
Cinder has been to Portal before, she likes swimming in the ponds to cool off

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/BigSwede/Cinder11-13-05006.jpg

If we only have a few people it wouldn't be a tragedy to move to a couple of the tent sites...at least then you get a picnic table and canopy of sorts. And if at least 2 people split the $17/day cost it is cheaper than the $8/person for the group site.

CrnCnn
04/21/2008, 02:45 PM
If we only have a few people it wouldn't be a tragedy to move to a couple of the tent sites...at least then you get a picnic table and canopy of sorts. And if at least 2 people split the $17/day cost it is cheaper than the $8/person for the group site.

Well if anyone wants to do that, move to two tent sites, then let me know. I dont really care as long as no one gets left without a place to stay. I will call in the AM if everyone would rather do that.

tomdietrying
04/21/2008, 06:37 PM
I'm not sure how this affect groupsite "C"? I know that area. It's nice, that's why I have resevations for that area. Anyone who cannot fit in campsite "D" or who doesn't want to go to a single tent site can stay at "C". I have it reserved from Monday - Friday. If I stay until Saturday, I'm sure I can find a place somewhere.
Peace.
Tom

CrnCnn
04/21/2008, 07:01 PM
I'm not sure how this affect groupsite "C"? I know that area. It's nice, that's why I have resevations for that area. Anyone who cannot fit in campsite "D" or who doesn't want to go to a single tent site can stay at "C". I have it reserved from Monday - Friday. If I stay until Saturday, I'm sure I can find a place somewhere.
Peace.
Tom

I still dont understand why you say site C cause I was told that A-C were only available to be reserved at once as one big group. Also I was told that that large group site was only available for the 14th thru the 17th. Are you sure they didnt put you in tent site C?

Do you know how many people are planning on staying in your area? That's why they called me, they had another large party coming that would fit better in D and they wanted to bump me cause I didnt have many people put down on the list. Which irritates me because I was told more than once that since I reserved the spot whoever showed up could just attach without reserving as part of my group ahead of time.

tomdietrying
04/21/2008, 07:07 PM
Group site "C" is where we've stayed with ZuZu in past years. I'll call tomorrow to see if I'm still in group "C".
Peace.
Tom

CrnCnn
04/21/2008, 08:01 PM
Group site "C" is where we've stayed with ZuZu in past years. I'll call tomorrow to see if I'm still in group "C".
Peace.
Tom

Wierd, they need to get their stuff together over there. Or at least all need to get on the same page.

Kenny
04/21/2008, 08:44 PM
...., I'd probably be looking at staying at the Red Rock. But when I mentioned the place to my wife - the face she gave sort of stopped the conversation there. (Sorry Larry, looks like her luv for ya has a limit - maybe you have to find her a bigger "stick" this year :_shrug:)

I'm looking at the Best Western Canyonlands .....

Larry dude, ya got a neighbor !:dance:
Going to crash at the Red Rock to save some cash and put it toward our Montreal trip that's right after Moab. oh la la.

Donna will just have to sleep in a rain suit, in a sleeping bag, with a net, in a hammock nailed to the ceiling...:smilewink:p

This is gunna be cool.:cool:

cheers.

Mrs. CRNCNN
04/21/2008, 09:49 PM
I was doing some research and found a GREAT website to get maps and stuff for Moab! I downloaded most of them and will have a book with all of them in it when we arrive but in case anyone wants to check it out for themselves the website is www.discovermoab.com.

VX crazy
04/22/2008, 04:09 AM
Going to crash at the Red Rock to save some cash and put it toward our Montreal trip that's right after Moab. oh la la.

Donna will just have to sleep in a rain suit, in a sleeping bag, with a net, in a hammock nailed to the ceiling...:smilewink:p

cheers.

:( you could always drop Donna off at the Grand Canyon.....I can pick her up on the 16th! LOL:eek:

Ldub
04/22/2008, 05:28 AM

cheers.

DAYUM...Now there's some Good News!:thumbup:
I could also bring a few rolls of saran wrap if you think that would help (nobody takes greater pride in their "cootie proofing" abilities than the Dub)...I'll bring some 3/8" lag screw eyes for the hammock mounting too.:smilewink
I am SO looking forward to seeing all my VX-tended family at this years "Deal in the Desert".
With the price of gas as the only exception, I can't WAIT to get on the road for the annual migration.:dance:

Ldub
04/22/2008, 05:30 AM
:( you could always drop Donna off at the Grand Canyon.....I can pick her up on the 16th! LOL:eek:

OR...Lisa could be hangin' with the Peeps in Moab for a few...Then go to the GC.:naughty:

VX crazy
04/22/2008, 05:32 AM
I tried that LDub!! BUT I am flying to Phoenix 5/15 and gf there is picking me up, than we head to Flagstaff on the 16th and hike the canyon on the 17th.....I tried I tried...but there is a large group going and I have really no say...:(

Ldub
04/22/2008, 05:40 AM
I tried that LDub!! BUT I am flying to Phoenix 5/15 and gf there is picking me up, than we head to Flagstaff on the 16th and hike the canyon on the 17th.....I tried I tried...but there is a large group going and I have really no say...:(

Alright then...go run with your "other herd" if you must...:smilewink

I know you'll be havin' fun no matter what.:dance:

Don't worry about us, we'll be OK...:rolleyesg...:rotate:

Kenny
04/22/2008, 06:44 AM

Don't you DARE tell her that!:eek:

BigSwede
04/22/2008, 06:50 AM
Well if anyone wants to do that, move to two tent sites, then let me know. I dont really care as long as no one gets left without a place to stay. I will call in the AM if everyone would rather do that.
How many people did you confirm for Group D? If it is 6 or less I would suggest switching to the individual tent site...if you have more then might as well stay at the group site.

CrnCnn
04/22/2008, 09:00 AM
How many people did you confirm for Group D? If it is 6 or less I would suggest switching to the individual tent site...if you have more then might as well stay at the group site.

Well right now for sure we have 6, then Bart and Linda there a few days and pbkid on the fence cause of his Rott. I will just have her move us. As long as they think we can fit. I will be bringing two tents, one for great basin and one larger for moab. so if need be I can just set up the small a few days or something.

nfpgasmask
04/22/2008, 09:01 AM
WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!! I had trouble finding insurance for my house because of idiots being misinformed about Dobermans! I searched the Portal website and the only thing I could find was this line: "Leashed friendly pets welcome." Good thing I have a leash and my overgrown Miniature Pinscher is friendly! Thanks for the heads up. When and if they meet my dog, I think they'll have to eat crow.

Yeah, I would say just bring yer dog and tell them to go suck an egg! :)

Bart

pbkid
04/22/2008, 10:20 AM
yea i called them to see how strict they were and they said that it was because the city wont let them be a campground without not allowing "pitts, rotts, dobs, wolves or any mix of the above. also covering any dog that they deem aggressive or intimidating." and my dog is purebred and is very clearly a rott....
he's only 6 months old...but hes about 80 pounds with all the clear rott markings...i was thinking of just painting him black and saying he's a big black lab :bwgy:.........just a thought........

Ldub
04/22/2008, 12:11 PM
yea i called them to see how strict they were and they said that it was because the city wont let them be a campground without not allowing "pitts, rotts, dobs, wolves or any mix of the above. also covering any dog that they deem aggressive or intimidating." and my dog is purebred and is very clearly a rott....
he's only 6 months old...but hes about 80 pounds with all the clear rott markings...i was thinking of just painting him black and saying he's a big black lab :bwgy:.........just a thought........

Paint him "camo" & they won't see him at all.:rolleyesg

BigSwede
04/22/2008, 12:33 PM
Personally I don't find Rottweilers and Dobermans all that intimidating...the ones I have known have been pretty timid...but I'm not the one you have to make happy.

I like the black spray paint idea, they will blend in with Cinder :p

Regarding the tent sites, I have a fairly large but not huge 10x10 tent. In the past there has been a lot of room behind the tent sites to spread out, but it looks like they put a road back there now. But I still think there will be enough room.

Let me know if I need to make a reservation for myself.

CrnCnn
04/22/2008, 03:02 PM
Personally I don't find Rottweilers and Dobermans all that intimidating...the ones I have known have been pretty timid...but I'm not the one you have to make happy.

I like the black spray paint idea, they will blend in with Cinder :p

Regarding the tent sites, I have a fairly large but not huge 10x10 tent. In the past there has been a lot of room behind the tent sites to spread out, but it looks like they put a road back there now. But I still think there will be enough room.

Let me know if I need to make a reservation for myself.

Well I tried to call and no one answered. I say the heck with it. She told me we will be cool so lets just stay at the D site. I booked it months ago and its time is stand up for something. So unless they bump me with out saying anything we are still there.

I have a large tent as well and it will be nice to spread out a bit. So any one else who needs a place to camp we still have room for more.

nfpgasmask
04/22/2008, 03:09 PM
Well I tried to call and no one answered. I say the heck with it. She told me we will be cool so lets just stay at the D site. I booked it months ago and its time is stand up for something. So unless they bump me with out saying anything we are still there.

I have a large tent as well and it will be nice to spread out a bit. So any one else who needs a place to camp we still have room for more.

Right on dude. I say stand up to that for sure. You booked it months ago, so its your spot. If it makes a difference we will leave our tent set up there all week!!

Bart

CrnCnn
04/22/2008, 04:13 PM
Right on dude. I say stand up to that for sure. You booked it months ago, so its your spot. If it makes a difference we will leave our tent set up there all week!!

Bart

Yeah, since i am bringing both tents I thought about setting up the small one.

tomdietrying
04/22/2008, 06:32 PM
I called "The Portal" today. I left a messege to confirm if I was still in group Camping "C". They called me back. They were very nice to say "Yes" I was confirmed for group camping "C".

There's always plenty of room in "C". I would say fight the battle if you must, but it already seems you are getting stressed before a GREAT vactation.

Peace.
Tom