PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Auto show 2008

Pepino
01/28/2008, 09:06 PM
The Chicago Auto Show is the largest auto show in the United States, and is celebrating its 100th year. This year the show runs from February 8 - 17, 2008

Is anyone going?

etlsport
01/28/2008, 09:09 PM
ill be going to the philly auto show wednesday the 6th.. alas.. no isuzu booth... doesnt give me hope for an 09 vx!

ZEUS
01/29/2008, 07:33 AM
Pepino, it looks like you could have your own auto show judging by the pics you posted recently. How many rides do you have?

nfpgasmask
01/29/2008, 08:22 AM
Man, I miss the Auto Show. For several years in a row, while my wife was working for an AD firm buying media for car companies, we used to get free tickets every year to the "black tie" opening night of the auto show. It was awesome, all of Chicago's top restaurants catered the event, and you got free food, beer and wine all night, and all I had to do was rent a tux. It was expecially nice because it was never crowded. They once handed out a limited edition Hot Wheel car that I promptly sold on eBay for a nice profit!

;) Bart

Pepino
01/29/2008, 08:46 AM
ya this is the first time im going i was planning to go to the black tie event too but maybe next time i just wanted to go take a look i heard its really nice.
and lol the cars they are not really mine they are my dad's but whatever is his is mine lol jk he was the president of the Mustang Club Mexico he has always been a car fan so he introduced me to cars, and then i went to america to a military school he went when he was little so i stayed here for colege and it was time to buy a car and i loved the VX i could have gotten so many other cars but i chose this one it was special lol

Solitude
02/05/2008, 11:50 PM
I work for a specialty transport company.. so I got into the show for the last 2 hours.. Here's a few of my favs

666 ZR1 :bgwb:

667 ZR1 :bgwb:

668 Bumblebee Camero :bwgy:

669 Volt :smilewink

don moore
02/07/2008, 11:47 PM
Ill be in chicago that weekend ..Ill check my sched. to see if i can make it there ..I do know the U55 is on the list at the museum ..

Pepino
02/08/2008, 07:11 AM
don moore
let me know if you go see if we get together or something im not positive ill go cause i have class and this other friend that is into rally races might come and he said that i can race with my VX or something like that so im trying anyone from chicago want to get together that weekend?

don moore
02/08/2008, 08:49 AM
looks like that saterday Ill be free....We well have to meet by a entrance.
My hotel is next to the airport ..

Pepino+MilwaukeeWI..sounds like a PIZZA place.?

Pepino
02/08/2008, 09:06 AM
lol actually there is a pizza place called Pepino's but has nothing to do with me my nickname is pepino in mexico but you can call me Juan i know couldnt sound more mexican but i dont look mexican at all lol
and ya for sure we can meet up are you bringing your vx or no?

don moore
02/08/2008, 08:50 PM
It would be a long drive to Chicago from Oregon...lol
sorry no VX
Im flying in for a meeting.
ok "12oclock" at the main entrance ..I have about 3 hours I can spend there.
Ill have a blue UCLA hat on..:grinb: